Sign in to follow this  
Randall172

Self-Destruct on Vehicles

self-explanatory,  very important QoL feature.

EDIT:

It has become the meta to not destroy crucial enemy vehicles (namely INS techies/logis that leave the crew vulnerable).

you kill the occupants and leave the vehicle sometimes in an out of the way location, vehicle is out of the match for sometimes the rest of the game as the walk back is 15min and thats if its not being camped.

US/RUS does not have this problem as their occupants are protected.from damage.

Edited by Randall172

I don't really get it. Like as in to clear the debris from the map, force a respawn of a vehicle, or like actual star trek level explosive self destruct? 

Not self explanatory at all. If you're gonna post a suggestion, at least put some effort into it -_-

leave them as they are please.

ppl in your team leaving vehicles laying around? bad team. 

maybe they should self-destroy if they are upside down, on its sideways... taking some damage over time?

like in PR

Had to do a vehicle recovery server the other day just to get transport for a push. Can be harsh.

Nope the vehicles should stay as thay are even if thay are fliped up side down.Aether come and unflip the vehicle or live it there it needs to be a little more real.

1 minute ago, Bahrein said:

Nope the vehicles should stay as thay are even if thay are fliped up side down.Aether come and unflip the vehicle or live it there it needs to be a little more real.

maybe if they didn't behave so strangely sometimes and had better physics, but again, it's an alpha

2 minutes ago, EA_SUCKS said:

maybe if they didn't behave so strangely sometimes and had better physics, but again, it's an alpha

Yeah i can agree with you.But i hardly ever get them fliped and stuff like that even when i am off-roading 

upside down vehicles do burn and explode after a while. (at least in A9 they did not sure if anything changed for A10)

Being able to reliably right a rolled vehicle using a 2nd vehicle would be nice. Some crude tow rope thing would be fine. Ramming them sometimes ends up with 2 stuck vehicles.

Self Destruct? No. 

How about not driving recklessly to begin with or know the limits of the vehicle by testing it out on the range first. Even after 1200 hours in the game I still end up flipping a few logis ( @samwiseOrigin beat you to it ) but I do what's necessary and try to flip it back. If your team abandoned an important vehicle and the enemy hasn't destroyed it that's just what your team gets and sometimes you gotta work harder to complete your task another way. The only vehicles that really matter are logistical trucks so usually I claim 1 for my squad and keep it under my control the entire round. 

improvise-adapt-overcome.jpg

On 2/7/2018 at 8:11 AM, suds said:

Being able to reliably right a rolled vehicle using a 2nd vehicle would be nice. Some crude tow rope thing would be fine. Ramming them sometimes ends up with 2 stuck vehicles.

^ I agree with this. There needs to be a reliable mechanism to roll a vehicle back on it's wheels after its been flipped. Maybe equip all vehicles in game (all factions, exception: motorbikes) with a simple towing apparatus that will allow a vehicle to pull another stuck vehicle. No need to make it fancy just functional. 

On 2/6/2018 at 6:41 AM, EA_SUCKS said:

maybe they should self-destroy if they are upside down, on its sideways... taking some damage over time?

like in PR

Nah, kill them yourself if you can't right it. 

I'd support being able to tow or whatever to unflip vehicles in the future, but if your idiots leave them scattered around the battlefield, your team should pay. 

Part of an effective team is not loosing vehicles in the field. Obviously they should not self destruct.