BadVlad

Before and after V10

Since the English language has failed me apparently I decided to do a visual representation

Squad BEFORE V10:

Squad V10

But still we got US soldiers running around with the M249 like ****ing Rambo killing people with ease.

Edited by Sgt. Veld

if they are running a round should be easy to kill

tatzhit doesnt mean they are good, with any bad mechanic there will be people who like it because it gives their play style an advantage, that is and always was a problem with games.

tatzhit both are realistic and thats the point, video one is realistic if you know what you are doing, video two is realistic for a person that picked up a gun for the first time, your innate stability and accuracy comes from your gun handling skills, how you hold the rifle, how you brace for the shot, how you squeeze the trigger, thats why people train and thats why trained soldiers can put rounds on target while randoms shoot everything but the target. In V10 you are basically an untrained scrub and you have to use your mouse and slow down your rate of fire to combat sight drift and terrible muzzle control, yes you can do it just like an untrained person can hit a target given enough time to aim and readjust between the shots...

The guy in the first video is in a braced position firing at a non-moving target, and his muzzle still jumps +/- several degrees, which means "broad side of a barn" accuracy. I shoot a few thousand rounds a year and to me V10 accuracy seems BETTER than I'd expect an average grunt to perform in combat.

Alternative method: Check the ratio of rounds fired vs enemies killed in any real-life engagement that involved regular troops, then compare it to Squad.

Edited by tatzhit

tatzhit well yes he is bracing the gun into his shoulder and leaning into it ... thats what you are supposed to do! And yes his muzzle jumps around a little but still remains generally level ... which is the accuracy we had in V9, mind you thats an AKM with a heavy drum and a slant brake on full auto being shot while standing by a smaller guy! A full auto AK74 or M4 are significantly easier to control and have barely any movement in semi. The game was never a "lazer gun fight" to begin with, the 2nd video is what happens when you dont hold the gun properly and dont have the right stance, those things come from TRAINING and PRACTICE, it is the reason soldiers spend time at the range. Having to use your mouse and adjust your play style to make up for the "built-in bad gun handling" is only skill in a sense that you are learning to fight against a bad mechanic, there will be people who will adapt to it better, you could probably fine-tune your mouse DPS just right to do it and get good results but I dont believe thats a good thing.

BadVlad does not like the way the weapon handling in V10. Noted.

Pretty sure a dev and/or Gatsby has seen this by now. Feel free to keep arguing amongst each other, but much like Frisen's "man-on-a-mission" constant posting about the suppression "flinch" that he would like to see in game yet has not been implemented since he started posting about it 2 (or 3?) major versions ago... it's mostly going to be a waste of your time :) 

I have to say there is something missing in V10 in the way of directness of recoil as it was in V9 and before, but overall with all the other bits in place it's a winner. Maybe we'll see some balance related offsets to this alongside the iterations on the medic system.

3 hours ago, tatzhit said:

The guy in the first video is in a braced position firing at a non-moving target, and his muzzle still jumps +/- several degrees, which means "broad side of a barn" accuracy. I shoot a few thousand rounds a year and to me V10 accuracy seems BETTER than I'd expect an average grunt to perform in combat.

Alternative method: Check the ratio of rounds fired vs enemies killed in any real-life engagement that involved regular troops, then compare it to Squad.

I don't like statistics read by people who don't have the experience. Plainly speaking, from real world experience the gunplay feels better in v10 with it feeling worse in the recoil side of things. An M4 should not kick as much as it does regardless of the engagement I'm in. 

Robin Sage exactly, the weird thing about this recoil is not only does it feel like too much but its inconsistent on top of that, almost as if your character isnt bracing the rifle properly.

Other thread again? Same Op Starter??? Stop plz

90% of people prefer new difficult and satisfying gunplay in v10 now than before...learn new gunplay. Just controlled (down) better ur mouse...

The new gunplay is perfect

I play one hour this afternoon and I find the horrible version, the horrible grenade launcher, the players who are running and sitting ... they look like rats, the movements are slow, the game looks like battefield, the rocket launcher .. .., disappointment, I will try to train myself tonight, I'm not convinced of this update .... to see gentlemen developers

to much

48 minutes ago, infamousplayer said:

I play one hour this afternoon and I find the horrible version, the horrible grenade launcher, the players who are running and sitting ... they look like rats, the movements are slow, the game looks like battefield, the rocket launcher .. .., disappointment, I will try to train myself tonight, I'm not convinced of this update .... to see gentlemen developers

to much

1 hour huh? 

38 minutes ago, Melbo said:

1 hour huh? 

Real constructive wasn't it!? :D

I vastly prefer v10 shooting dynamics more than v9, and that seems to be the consensus, apart from the usual vocal minorities who we can safely ignore. Now just add some suppression and a little more sway and we are well on our way to proper ranged firefights without negatively affecting CQB. Keep it up guys!

Edited by Jeepo

1 hour ago, infamousplayer said:

the players who are running and sitting ... they look like rats

You know they've done motion capture for all of those, right? :D