Sign in to follow this  
alex.sweedensniiperr

Remove the Squad quick-start guide

I was quite dissapointed after launcher the game after months to still see the quick start guide in the game. This should be removed immediately and replaced with a proper loading screen. Preferably with a loading bar.

Here's the main reason why:

- It gives the game a real "low quality" feeling. The stuff you would see from free to play games and other trash that goes on sale on the steam store. I am pretty sure the devs do not want this. I also feel like it gives the impression that Squad is something easy to pick up on: "Just jump in and play! Fun for every gamer!" Because Squad isn't for for everyone.

- The controls shown are default ones. After playing probably one game people would change their layout and the point is lost anyway next time the players launches the game.

There can still be useful tips and other information on the loading screen. Stuff like explaining certain mechanics. Or general reminders maybe like "left click digs, right click deconstructs"(I always forget this).

I still also believe that there should be a quickstart guide. Maybe as button in the meny? I personally would like a link or even a whole substanstial guide ingame. 

i hope it stays until at least full retail release. i've hardly played so far so i'd need it. also, what about everyone else coming into the game as a newbie?

how about, instead of arbitrarily dumping it, ESC/Space to pass onto a nice loading screen you'd like?

I agree with you that it looks kinda cheap, but then again the game is in EA and they have more important stuff to do then designing a "cool" loading screen atm I guess. Also a lot of people have Squad on an SSD (at least from the peps I play with) and so you wont really see the loading screen for more then a few seconds while running it from an SSD/M.2

On 2018-02-06 at 9:37 AM, koschilein said:

they have more important stuff to do then designing a "cool" loading screen atm I guess.

Not really what I'm suggesting here. It's pretty simple.

Actually i really like its looks and it doesnt give me any type of "low quality" feeling.

However, the resolution of that picture could be bumped quite a bit. Also it should only show up when youre loading into a server, a dedicated intro when launching the game would be nice indeed.

I dont know how to explain it, but the normal stuff any other game has. Like when you launch it you first see an animated publisher logo, then some kind of intro animation.

I like the main menu now though, much better than the old one.

Edited by Chew_Kok_Long

It Looks rather cheap, but usefull for new Players and this is more important during EA. I guess for a later release this Screen will be replaced with either ingame screenshots explaining certain situations or just tool tips at the bottom you can go through while the map loads.