krymz

Can't downrange with my reload binding

I bind my reload to mouse wheel down, but it stops me from being able to range back down my weapons if I try to range up. Can you make the "start ranging" key to over ride, be prioritized, or lock reload or something? 

Please?
(great game and great update btw)

Edited by krymz

Yeah I've noticed this too. When the ranging up and down keybinds are set to mouse scroll-wheel, they will work if you have next/previous item also set to mouse scroll-wheel. BUT if you change the mouse scroll-wheel to anything else, it overrides the ranging keybinds.

Example:

Previous Item: mouse scroll-wheel UP

Next Item: mouse scroll-wheel DOWN

Ranging Up: mouse scroll-wheel UP

Ranging Down: mouse scroll-wheel DOWN

Works fine

Weapon 1: mouse scroll-wheel UP

Weapon 5: mouse scroll-wheel DOWN

Ranging Up: mouse scroll-wheel UP

Ranging Down: mouse scroll-wheel DOWN

Doesn't work

there was this medic that stared at me for 2 good second when I needed patching before he switched to his medpack... I assume he was using his mousewheel and going back and forth over his medkit instead of just hitting #5 and getting it instantly. 

If there's no direct fix to the binding perhaps try different bindings?

Personally, I have the Avior 7000 mouse which has 2 side button of the left of the mouse (thumb) and 2 other side buttons on the right (ring). I use X to start ranging and use my ring finger to range up & down....

i use my thumb for quick map access, basically N and M for the thumb. I've been mouse wheel reloading since cs:source... it's what feels natural to me. the only time I leave it on R is for the odd games that have locked controls.

Welcome to binding keys in Squad. Some keys literally will not work for certain binds, let alone expecting things to override other things.

scrolling to select anything can be hit and miss in squad, like cptdirty setting ranging on side mouse buttons solves any conflicts I have.