xPanda

Squad Crashing on Server Join

Hi there, I just purchased Squad after a long while after trying the free weekend. I was able to play for 79 minutes (according to steam), where I had no problems at the time.. I believe. However, since purchasing the game just now, probably 20 minutes before this post is uploaded, the game will always freeze then crash when joining a server. I will see the squad/spawn selection screen, however I get the loading cursor, and the game will close. I have already validated the steam files and there is no error to report from them. I also attempted to delete the %appdata% Local folder of Squad; this didn't seem to fix the issue either. Anyone with any ideas that can help?
I did link the log file however if this is use to anyone with some knowledge of how the game files operate!

http://www.filedropper.com/squadcrash

EDIT: I was able to connect to a different server, however since the game was slightly laggy I was about to click on settings to change the graphics, however when I did the game froze and crashed.. odd?

I found this line in one of the crash reports, is it possible my computer is lacking the resources to run the game?

[2018.02.05-16.14.59:840][143]LogD3D11RHI: Timed out while waiting for GPU to catch up. (0.5 s)

My PC's specs are as of the following:

• RAM - 1x8 1866MHz
  • CPU - Intel Core - i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz
  • GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 [2GB OC]
  • MOBO - Gigabyte Z87-HD3
  • PSU - Corsair GS800 [800W]

PS: This is my first ever post in the forum, just made an account for this post in all honestly, bear with me if the post is in the wrong section/area Mods, Admins etc! :) Thanks again.

Hello and welcome to Squad @xPanda,

47 minutes ago, xPanda said:

[2018.02.05-16.14.59:840][143]LogD3D11RHI: Timed out while waiting for GPU to catch up. (0.5 s)

I am not aware of a definite fix.

several users have/had this issue: http://forums.joinsquad.com/search/?&q=DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG&sortby=relevancy

53 minutes ago, xPanda said:

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 [2GB OC]

my 2cts

possible causes:

1. unstable overclocked GPU
  2. conflict with windows drivers
  3. corrupt GPU driver
  4. corrupt directx

things you can try:

1. use default GPU clockspeed
  2. check windows updates
  3. clean install of GPU driver
  4. repair directx

Hi thanks for the quick reply, I just wanted to mention also that the GPU is stock OC. As in, when I purchased it, it was already OC, I never tinkered with anything

Hello 
A few thing 

From your log

[2018.02.05-16.11.45:296][  0]LogD3D11RHI:     Adapter Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
[2018.02.05-16.11.45:296][  0]LogD3D11RHI:   Driver Version: Unknown (internal:Unknown, unified:Unknown)
[2018.02.05-16.11.45:296][  0]LogD3D11RHI:      Driver Date: Unknown

Can you confirm your GPU driver is up to date?

Also 

9 hours ago, xPanda said:
  • RAM - 1x8 1866MHz

Can you see if your page file storage is set to automatic as per this instruction?

Also try to look for another Squad crash log... If crashed to desktop. There should be an entry reminding "Fatal Error" in which i don't see from OP

Edited by samwiseOrigin

Right then, so I installed the latest GPU driver as for whatever reason it didn't automatically install and it seems to work now! I installed the VCredist again just to make sure, also the game had an update, so it was one those. However as @samwiseOrigin most likely it was a dodgy driver. Thanks again @beginna too, for the quick response! Hopefully I can get a new GPU soon, this one isn't really up to scratch for this sort of game! :D

6 hours ago, xPanda said:

[...] it seems to work now! [...]

Glad to hear.

If you still have the issue and you need this thread unlocked, PM me or a Moderator.

/locked