Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rybec

Anders Feedback

Recommended Posts

Something I've constantly been excited about with updates is visuals and audio. Everything from something little like someone suggesting dust from windows/walls kicking up when you shoot beside them being added from a forum suggestion to a major change like the M4 not sounding like a toy gun anymore (thank you!)

 

I don't know how long something like this has been in the game and I had never noticed it but every bit is appreciated. 10/10 quality.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sound was always there and also when you go over a metal sheet part of a fence thats down you briefly hear that too.

But i got an idea thay need to implement when you granade a building or mine or IED goes off near some buildings glass shattering from windows going out from the blast if you understand me.There was a mod for Insurgency game with sounds amazing like that.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahaha, well thx, but that got in with V10. I mean landing sounds. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-02-05 at 2:45 PM, Bahrein said:

But i got an idea thay need to implement when you granade a building or mine or IED goes off near some buildings glass shattering from windows going out from the blast if you understand me.There was a mod for Insurgency game with sounds amazing like that.

 

 

Yeah I got that in for V10. Shockwaves creates sounds. Atm for wood and glass. But we don't have so much glass (yet). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On February 6, 2018 at 9:16 PM, anders said:

Yeah I got that in for V10. Shockwaves creates sounds. Atm for wood and glass. But we don't have so much glass (yet). 

But the sounds by now you got in are amazing,weapon sounds,walking,running,and that that scread the shit out of me when you are walking by a wooden fence and a dog like barks on you thats a great detail.Maybe you read my idea to put in coms just for people in a vehicle so we dont use local or spam the squad coms. 

So your work is amazing and this way i wish to tell you that.

Keep it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sound in v10 is absolutely amazing (oh that M4 baby)! There is one subtle sound that I've not heard since the update, the slight clink when your at your 2nd to last round in the mag, and then again on the last.  Unless, I'm just so engulfed in the sounds I can't hear it now.

 

I always used that as an indicator when to change mags vs looking to the bottom right or always swapping prematurely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PROTOCOL said:

The sound in v10 is absolutely amazing (oh that M4 baby)! There is one subtle sound that I've not heard since the update, the slight clink when your at your 2nd to last round in the mag, and then again on the last.  Unless, I'm just so engulfed in the sounds I can't hear it now.

 

I always used that as an indicator when to change mags vs looking to the bottom right or always swapping prematurely. 

Thx buddies! :) Yeah that empty click sound got trashed (unintenionally ofc) when we converted our weapons into C++. I'm gonna get them back plus a click sound for the trigger aswell if empty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the biggest audio improvements I've noticed is the sound of shells landing. It really makes laying down fire as an MG so much more fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anders said:

Thx buddies! :) Yeah that empty click sound got trashed (unintenionally ofc) when we converted our weapons into C++. I'm gonna get them back plus a click sound for the trigger aswell if empty.

Awesome! I thought I was losing it... I'm a bit of an odd soul when it comes to the details, and that one for me was such a pleasure knowing that it was actually done and served a purpose (most may overlook). Well done my friend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sound has improved allot, but i do still think that big explosions, like IED's, still need to be louder, and i miss allot of echoing sounds in the valley maps we have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2018 at 9:16 PM, anders said:

Yeah I got that in for V10. Shockwaves creates sounds. Atm for wood and glass. But we don't have so much glass (yet). 

Here i finally found an example for you to hear what i was talking about glass blowing out and stuff.I had this mod in Insurgency and i needed like an hour to find a video where you can hear it.He trows a couple of IED-s so you hear what i am talking about

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2018 at 4:03 AM, anders said:

plus a click sound for the trigger aswell if empty.

Since you're spot on with the stuff you do I am sure you know enough that once there's that click there's no more click click click after more pulls of it being empty.

Always looking forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Rybec said:

Since you're spot on with the stuff you do I am sure you know enough that once there's that click there's no more click click click after more pulls of it being empty.

Always looking forward to it.

Yes I know that, it's just that some weapons still can have a little trigger mechanical "twist" by touching/pressing the trigger that creates a little sound depending on what type of weapon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×