BadVlad

V10 weapon muzzle control

I don t see any particular difficulty in v10. The feeling is only better than v9. 

The changes are an improvement. The fire-fights play out better in long and short range engagements. No need to go backwards when we're already moving forward. Adapt (muscle memory), and please stop comparing real world weapon handling videos, unless you're going to show us someone in real-world combat controlling the weapon with a mouse and keyboard. 

On 2/6/2018 at 1:18 AM, BadVlad said:

Jellyswim interestingly enough one of the reasons I dont like V10 gun handling is because I shoot in real life and own quite a few guns you find in the game, even have a scoped RPK! What I saw with the intermediate cartridge rifles in V10 is what you would expect from a 308 AR in real life, interestingly enough we have about right semi-auto ROF you would get with one because you have to realign that much after every shot. And even then, a big enough brake and a big enough guy and

thats a 308^^^

this is an AR15

look at the target at the end.

Without taking sides yet I'll say this video is a pretty good objective comparison between 7.62x51 and 5.56 full auto:

Unlike a lot of videos, you get a direct comparison of the guy's groups mag dumping an AUG and AR in 5.56 and SCAR-H in 7.62. He's obviously an experienced shooter, but he's no Jerry Miculek, so I think it's a reasonable representation of results an average soldier would get. He also stresses that the SCAR is far more controllable in 7.62 than other common 7.62 platforms, yet his SCAR groups are still much larger than his 5.56 groups.

So overall, I absolutely agree that military FPS should retain proper relative recoil differences between the various calibers and weapon classes. If assault rifles wind up with similar or equal recoil to battle rifles, that's a huge fail. That being said, relative recoil differences can be retained even with a relatively exaggerated overall recoil scale. If a 5.56's muzzle jumps 6" per shot, and the .308's jumps 18", the overall recoil level might be high, but the relative differences are still in the ball park.

Still though, I don't think Squad v10 is nearly that bad. The muzzle is only jumping an inch or two, and as Dubs showed, you can still get accurate rapid fire off with a bit of practice. Could things be smoothed out a bit? Yeah, probably... I think both you and Dubs admitted that something between v9 and v10 would be a decent compromise, so I don't think it's the end of the world.

@Gnalvl Mac from Military Arms Channel is great, love his videos! Yeah we have basically determined that a better recoil system is somewhere between V9 and current V10. Ive been playing V10 more and Ive noticed a few things, it seems that the suppression effect isnt aggressive enough when bullets are literally hitting all around you but, more importantly, there isnt enough/any stun effect when being hit, too often you shoot a guy, hit him, he turns around and accurately sprays you because f you for using semi-auto, now you are dead and he is patching up even though you had the drop on him and landed the first shot. The combination of hard recoil on semi and the absence of a stun effect on hit seems to be pretty bad. Some people complained about a 3 shot burst mode but really its more effective at some ranges if you aim it low since you land 2-3 shots at the same time and dont give them a chance to fire back.

Add in lag, framerate drop, animation desync, hitreg, netcode 'issues' and you're ready for some ludicrous moments.