Sign in to follow this  
Masterjack

Where is the PR style gaming?

I am an original Kickstarter supporter and have been actively in game and patiently waiting for your PR roots to show. The only thing I see from PR is the radio and logistic system. You have focused on the fast action COD like game style that is far from PR. Please let us know what your plan is for the future. Are you going focus on COD like play or PR like play? I need to know if I should ask for a refund or stick around and continue to help build the community. I have added a link to the kickstarter page in case you forgot what your goals were.

Squad was never intended to be PR 2.0, it is a spiritual successor of Project Reality. Meaning it has a similar theme, and the game design is influenced by Project Reality, but Squad will have it's own twist and additions to make Squad, Squad - and not PR with a graphics upgrade. 

When I first played Squad(v1? or v2? Can't remember lol) it was super fast paced and stamina was plenty. Then gradually slowed down as more patches came. With v8, vehicles came and infantry/gameplay was slowed down a bunch due to major movement speed reduction and stamina regen time increased.

Now we have v10, which fully releases on 5th Feb. And gamepace has slowed even more due to major changes with movement and gunplay. I suggest you download the test build and give it a go!

Squad has a lot more to come in the future. Don't forget PR took 10 years to become what it is.

Also, please read the forum rules for future reference. I have added a link so you don't forget ;)

http://forums.joinsquad.com/announcement/11-forum-rules/

You don't think v10 has the deadly PR feel, the reduced speed and deadness of bipod have elevated the death threat. It's going to take a few weeks but already starting to see the PR feel. PR didn't get there overnight.

On 4/2/2018 at 10:11 AM, Smee said:

You don't think v10 has the deadly PR feel, the reduced speed and deadness of bipod have elevated the death threat. It's going to take a few weeks but already starting to see the PR feel. PR didn't get there overnight.

Somewhat yes but still missing a lot.  Current rally points and fob mechanics make the game faster paced. RPs should disappear in60 secs, crewman kits that leads to roleplay Apc squads, logistics mortars. Fobs in PR become unspawnable when enemies are close or within a certain distance.

All of these makes a big change in the pacing of the game. 

Once the v10 craze is over it will get back to normal...whenever there is a steam sale/patch release public games devolve into BF1 taxi vehicles abandoned vehicles no team play no defense of caps its pretty rough..it will die down again.

I'm not a PR player but I played a shitload of CoD MW2 and I can tell you that Squad isn't anything like CoD.

Gonna say it again. Squad is more like the DeltaForce/JointOperations :P with a PR theme and other's in the mix to make Squad what is meant to be...Squad will/has its own identity.