v76

v10 Weapons Handling and Control

Well, very very impressed with v10... I have to say its a huge step up on v9... there are bugs like reviving ppl to have then get dropped from 2m and die and some other minor issues but nothing that comes close to game breaking.

Though the cock block rush thing still happens but not as bad (I know how to fix it properly but thats for another thread and atm I can't be f'k'd compiling a thread for it and being flamed by idiots ;))

I started this thread to beg the devs to please please not change the gunplay and weapons control because at the moment its f'king spot on, it feels like I have control over my weapon for the first time in this game.

I've played a lot of FPS and none have had better control then Red Orchestra 2 and oh my have OWI near nailed it (imo anyway).

so....

Dear Mr Awesome Devs,

Please please leave the weapons control and handling as it is in this version of v10, as it is near perfect.

Thank you in advance

Edited by v76

Except the RPK. It handles like ass, the character really needs to hold it by the foregrip so it doesn't swing like a pendulum at all times.

I'd also add that now that the US medic has an M4 with only a single (which is fine) and a 3rnd burst fire mode (which is not ok) I don't/won't play medic when on the US side anymore... **** its hard enough to get medics but to then give them a weapon with the shitty 3 burst fire mode.... guys!

1 hour ago, v76 said:

I'd also add that now that the US medic has an M4 with only a single (which is fine) and a 3rnd burst fire mode (which is not ok) I don't/won't play medic when on the US side anymore... **** its hard enough to get medics but to then give them a weapon with the shitty 3 burst fire mode.... guys!

To be honest, I wouldn't mind it being M4 instead of M4A1 considering there are still a ton of burst fire M4s in service in the Army, but at least add a CCO onto M4!

1 hour ago, v76 said:

3 burst is much more effective and precise for a medic. If you are good with 1 or 2 taps you'll get an enemy kill, but if you are a trigger happy the only thing you can get is .....Nothing but waste of ammo.

For me is a great addition for the game and the medic class.

3 hours ago, v76 said:

Couldnt disagree more. Hardly ever use full auto in this game, especially as a medic shouldnt really be the first one kickng down doors in CQB. Three round burst is great by comparison, much more useful.

Edited by DaiaBu

Do not equate full auto to trigger happy, that might be you guys but its not me... its about self control which again you guys indicate you dont have.

I use single fire mostly but in cqc maps full auto is far better and allows for far better self controlled burst fire, far better than the fix 3rnd burst.

I totally agree with the sentiment of this thread... although I found it funny that just a few lines away in the "threads list", I saw this xD. Can't ever please everyone. 

1 hour ago, Psyrus said:

I totally agree with the sentiment of this thread... although I found it funny that just a few lines away in the "threads list", I saw this xD. Can't ever please everyone. 

BadVlad and 20kills....lol

Do you know him, are you indicating that he isn't that good? I'm just curious

I mean that there are more important things than 20 kills in Squad...(and for me gunplay in v10 is perfect)

Some ppl prefer laser gun and for them skill is measured just in reaction speed. Squad is not CS

It just sounded like you are doubting that he does ~20 kills every round

I know kills aren't everything but it sure helps, after all you have to kill the enemy to get on their flag, you have to kill the enemy to keep him from capping your flag, you have to kill the enemy to win the game.

Being able to kill the enemy before he kills you is a big benefit for your squad and I can understand his frustration, i too am a good "killer" and had to adapt to v10, but i take it as it comes.

The issue for the medic is they often need to clear CQB to then get their team mates up. They are a combat medic right?

Of course in an ideal world, they would not need to do this, as other team mates would assist them................but rarely do you see basic fireteam formation/movement in Squad right? usually the medic/s come in after most of their team is down or they are fighting right along side them.

Medic 's need full auto IMO, I recall when medics didn't have a frag!

UHHH LOVE RED ORCHESTRA 2! love v10 weapon handling too, if it ever changes I probably leave for good.

Wish there were some more Red Orchestra features that I'm surprised are not in the game, Resting weapons on cover (ost front) pulling magazines to check weights/ammo count (Stalingrad).

PS. WHO ELSE HERE PLAYED RED ORCHESTRA OSTFRONT?

Weapon resting is supposedly on the todo list, after the bipods, which we now have.

Dissapointed in some changes after v10,

US arms, frustrated because what feels like a better aim does not produce results

Why is recoil on m4 so high, its a 5.5 ? or not? 

3shot, what is it for, cqc maybe? But still worse than auto in cqc., so medics loose most attempts to win cqc without auto.

why these changes?

17 minutes ago, Gleb said:

Dissapointed in some changes after v10,

US arms, frustrated because what feels like a better aim does not produce results

Why is recoil on m4 so high, its a 5.5 ? or not? 

3shot, what is it for, cqc maybe? But still worse than auto in cqc., so medics loose most attempts to win cqc without auto.

why these changes?

Have to keep in mind, gunplay changes are not final and will be tweaked as time goes on.

The changes to some U.S kits, with replacing the M4A1 with the standard M4 with 3 round burst, is to reflect that in reality, not all units within the U.S Army have the M4A1 with fully automatic capabilities. Same with the new pistol(Sig M17) which the SL only has, due to it's current limited use in reality.

Lets Hope for changes then. The number of comments about this on servers where seasoned players go, are noticeable and negative.

1 hour ago, Gleb said:

Lets Hope for changes then. The number of comments about this on servers where seasoned players go, are noticeable and negative.

Almost all comments I've seen in game and on the forums have been overwhelmingly positive about the gun play changes in v10

Muzzle control is whacky. Game doesnt even feel fluid anymore everythings just more clunkier, slower and fluidness of the mouse movements dont even feel good. Meh I miss the good old days. (Been playing since the very start)

https://imgur.com/a/jMEGN

Edited by Ivan_Sidorenko

16 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

Almost all comments I've seen in game and on the forums have been overwhelmingly positive about the gun play changes in v10

Yeah, most players seem to like it. I think the new system makes more sense... intuitively. Yeah recoil is exaggerated but it's always been like that.

90% prefer new "slow" and fluid animations and new gunplay. 

V9 gunplay was easy and boring...like Battlefield etc etc...

About M4...i love burst fire...and makes sense that medics, LAT and granadier use it. Simple, in CQC, as a medic, i stay back and SL and Rifleman (with M4A1) charge...

Keep in mind this is literally the first iteration of the new system. I'm sure it's going to be tweaked a hell of a lot before full release but it's not going back to V9 standards.

I personally love the new weapon feel and have been far more effective with the change.