twoxs

Squad Freezes constantly for few seconds or for good.

Hello i have a big problem with v10 Squad (a-10.0.241.16021.4.16.3-SHIPPING).

It sometimes freeze for good without a crash, and cuts the sounds off completely, loops a small part of it, or it continues to play the triggered sounds until they end.

This happens on every map i played so far.

My specs:

AMD FX-8350 Eight-Core

AMD Radeon R9 380

16 GB Ram

Windows 7 64bit SP1

My ingame settings:

Everything but render distance on lowest

FXAA

No multi-sampling

No VSYNC

Fullscreen

Hello, 

A few thing 

1. AMD not working with Squad has been issues for years now

2. Try play on borderless maybe?

3. Can you please provide log file pls?

4. V10 playtest is currently crashing randomly regardless of high-low end specs 

Edited by samwiseOrigin

It's the AMD problem once again, i have been dealing with this issue for two years now. It seems this will never be fixed, great job by Epic and their shitty engine. If Epic and Offworld can't find a way to fix this, than allot of players won't be bothered to play the game. My next CPU for certain will be a Intel.

Edited by Sgt. Veld

On 2/5/2018 at 3:33 AM, samwiseOrigin said:

Hello, 

A few thing 

1. AMD not working with Squad has been issues for years now

2. Try play on borderless maybe?

3. Can you please provide log file pls?

4. V10 playtest is currently crashing randomly regardless of high-low end specs 

Yes AMD not working...they should make it work

My game is crashing seemingly randomly in multiplayer matches, sometimes 1 minute into a match, sometimes 45 minutes into a match, and it CTD's on every and any map with every and any amount of players. I get a sudden freeze lasting for a few seconds followed by a CTD every time I enter the Shooting Range, this CTD is very consistent and occurs after just about 1-2 minutes of playing on the Shooting Range. The game is unplayable with Alpha 10 due to these constant CTD's. Like the O.P., I've tried doing a clean install of Squad, tried reinstalling DirectX, tried reinstalling clean Nvidia graphics drivers, tried deleting the app cache folder and reinstalling the game again. I've also tried every possible combination of graphics settings, resolutions, window types, etc... All the while, my system temperatures are always below 40 degrees Celsius thanks to my efficient liquid cooling system. Any help would be appreciated, but I think there's something wrong with Alpha 10 that is causing CTD's apparently randomly, like a memory leak or something (but I'm just guessing here).

My System Specifications:

------------------------------------------

Power Supply: 1000 Watts 80 Plus Platinum

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-G1 Gaming 7 (Firmware Rev. 20)

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @4.5 GHz (stock clocks)

RAM: G.Skill 32 GB DDR4 2133 MHz (2 x 16 GB dual-channel)

GPU: Nvidia/ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 ROG STRIX OC Advanced (11GB GDDR5X) (at factory clocks)

GPU Drivers: Nvidia Official WHQL Drivers 390.77 (latest as of 2/8/2018)

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (with latest updates, and Fall Creator's Update)

Thanks guys and good luck, O.P.!

6 minutes ago, Yopoman said:

My game is crashing seemingly randomly in multiplayer matches, sometimes 1 minute into a match, sometimes 45 minutes into a match, and it CTD's on every and any map with every and any amount of players. I get a sudden freeze lasting for a few seconds followed by a CTD every time I enter the Shooting Range, this CTD is very consistent and occurs after just about 1-2 minutes of playing on the Shooting Range. The game is unplayable with Alpha 10 due to these constant CTD's. Like the O.P., I've tried doing a clean install of Squad, tried reinstalling DirectX, tried reinstalling clean Nvidia graphics drivers, tried deleting the app cache folder and reinstalling the game again. I've also tried every possible combination of graphics settings, resolutions, window types, etc... All the while, my system temperatures are always below 40 degrees Celsius thanks to my efficient liquid cooling system. Any help would be appreciated, but I think there's something wrong with Alpha 10 that is causing CTD's apparently randomly, like a memory leak or something (but I'm just guessing here).

My System Specifications:

------------------------------------------

Power Supply: 1000 Watts 80 Plus Platinum

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-G1 Gaming 7 (Firmware Rev. 20)

CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K @4.5 GHz (stock clocks)

RAM: G.Skill 32 GB DDR4 2133 MHz (2 x 16 GB dual-channel)

GPU: Nvidia/ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 ROG STRIX OC Advanced (11GB GDDR5X) (at factory clocks)

GPU Drivers: Nvidia Official WHQL Drivers 390.77 (latest as of 2/8/2018)

OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (with latest updates, and Fall Creator's Update)

Thanks guys and good luck, O.P.!

Have you tried rolling back to a earlier nvidia update? I'm on a previous one (388.71 i think) and i don't have any crashes or freezes.

Might be worth a try.  http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

Sorry for the delay in my reply, but unfortunately this attempt did not correct the freeze-->CTD problem I'm experiencing. Thanks again for your help though!

I have the same problem and im not running AMD... any help?

i7 4770K

GTX970

16-RAM

SSD

On 2/6/2018 at 8:35 AM, Sgt. Veld said:

It's the AMD problem once again, i have been dealing with this issue for two years now

What's the "AMD problem"?

12 hours ago, twoxs said:

So i finally catched a log file that is not 5MB big..

https://pastebin.com/t2GrK4eM

From what i understand, there are no signs of something going very bad.

This could be related to your freezes, but not sure. 

[2018.02.22-18.48.00:473][656]LogParticles:Warning: Stalled gamethread waiting for particles 0.000236ms 'ParticleSystemComponent /Game/Maps/Forest/forest_aas_v1/OPFirstLight_AAS_v1.OPFirstLight_AAS_v1:PersistentLevel.BP_BTR_LastingEffect_C_0.ParticleSystem' 'ParticleSystem /Game/Particles/Vehicles/Temperature/BTR_80/BTR80_Temperature_Parameterized.BTR80_Temperature_Parameterized'

[2018.02.22-18.55.57:480][408]LogParticles:Warning: Stalled gamethread waiting for particles 0.000236ms 'ParticleSystemComponent /Game/Maps/Sumari/Sumari_aas_v3/Sumari_aas_v3.Sumari_AAS_v3:PersistentLevel.BP_Medium_LastingEffect_C_2.ParticleSystem' 'ParticleSystem /Game/Particles/Vehicles/Temperature/Humvees/Humvee_Temperature_Parameterized.Humvee_Temperature_Parameterized'}

[2018.02.22-18.57.19:707][273]LogParticles:Warning: Stalled gamethread waiting for particles 0.018427ms 'ParticleSystemComponent /Game/Maps/Sumari/Sumari_aas_v3/Sumari_aas_v3.Sumari_AAS_v3:PersistentLevel.BP_BTR_LastingEffect_C_1.ParticleSystem' 'ParticleSystem /Game/Particles/Vehicles/Temperature/BTR_80/BTR80_Temperature_Parameterized.BTR80_Temperature_Parameterized'

[2018.02.22-18.57.53:808][446]LogParticles:Warning: Stalled gamethread waiting for particles 0.000236ms 'ParticleSystemComponent /Game/Maps/Sumari/Sumari_aas_v3/Sumari_aas_v3.Sumari_AAS_v3:PersistentLevel.BP_MATV_LastingFx_C_0.ParticleSystem' 'ParticleSystem /Game/Particles/Vehicles/Temperature/matv/MATV_Temperature_Parameterized.MATV_Temperature_Parameterized'

[2018.02.22-19.03.28:091][773]LogParticles:Warning: Stalled gamethread waiting for particles 0.687694ms 'ParticleSystemComponent /Game/Maps/Sumari/Sumari_aas_v3/Sumari_aas_v3.Sumari_AAS_v3:PersistentLevel.BP_Medium_LastingEffect_C_1.ParticleSystem' 'ParticleSystem /Game/Particles/Vehicles/Temperature/Humvees/Humvee_Temperature_Parameterized.Humvee_Temperature_Parameterized'

Your game crashed after that last line. Seems like for some reason your game thread is choking on creating the particles for some effects. It might be totally normal and not related, but that's the only thing in the log that jumped out at me.