jellyswim

As an SL, I hate the new radial menu

So v10 is wonderful and I love a lot of the changes, but the new radial menu doesn't have a cursor, and it makes choosing things way harder. I keep accidentally placing fob marks and confusing the other SLs, pls gib us the cursor back. Pls.

Honestly, it just takes a bit of getting used to. 

But sure, it would be nice to have as a setting you can change for those of whom prefer the former.

I totally agree. Last system was better. Don't give too much power to GUI design folks. They will make things such as iPhones with only 1 button because "it looks better". 

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

14 hours ago, SkillerPenguin said:

Honestly, it just takes a bit of getting used to. 

+1

i also think just a bit training with that new system and you don't missklick anymore.

More training, don't have a life outside Squad at min. Dunno where to find the time.

Poor working UI isn't acceptable.  Can't beleven amount of red skulls putting down instead of afv

3 hours ago, Smee said:

Poor working UI isn't acceptable.  Can't beleven amount of red skulls putting down instead of afv

Same here.

4 hours ago, Smee said:

More training, don't have a life outside Squad at min. Dunno where to find the time.

yes trying to put down the red markers is a bit of hit and miss

On 2/3/2018 at 4:13 PM, MrNiggol said:

Just give us the mouse cursor again or the option to choose. :)

+1 I'd prefer the option to choose, since this is mainly a preference thing. I find myself fighting with the new system more than anything.

On 2/4/2018 at 4:50 AM, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

I totally agree. Last system was better. Don't give too much power to GUI design folks. They will make things such as iPhones with only 1 button because "it looks better". 

^This. Menu may look better, but it's way harder to use without cursor. Let's hope Squad UI doesn't fall down the "style over function" rabbit hole.