PUNISHER-lll

V10 M68 Red Dot Placement

Ill keep the post short and sweet. The RED DOT placement on the M68 should not lollipop on the top of the front sight post. V9 had the RED DOT placement done properly where the co-witness has the RED DOT hovering slightly above the front sight post. Please revert back!!

Edited by PUNISHER-lll

The placement is actually where mine is on my AR-15 after sighting it to 100m.  If you zeroed it to 200m or further (I don't know why you would with a red dot, but people do) then the dot would be higher in the sight picture.

9 hours ago, Velico said:

If you zeroed it to 200m or further (I don't know why you would with a red dot, but people do) then the dot would be higher in the sight picture.

I'm pretty sure the American military zeroes their M68s to 300m.

I just found some edited one. The idea is you have the target at a certain distance when zeroing and that silhouette is man sized at 300m.

image1704.jpg

Do you have a source for the claim of 300m for M68s?  I'm a civilian but shoot with a lot of vets and I've never seen them zero a red dot past 100m.  Their explanation for this was, "it's got no zoom, so use cover and concealment to close with the enemy or disengage."  

I find it hard to believe that US soldiers would prefer to close to spitting distance with the enemy and therefore lose their advantages in long-range marksmanship. Heck, the entire premise of the 5.56 round is that it doesn't drop at ranges over 300m like the 7.62x39 does.

21 hours ago, Rybec said:

I'm pretty sure the American military zeroes their M68s to 300m.

I just found some edited one. The idea is you have the target at a certain distance when zeroing and that silhouette is man sized at 300m.

image1704.jpg

You would be correct. For the US Army and my time as a contractor in recent times Aimpoints are all zeroed to 300m from a 25m paper target. 

2 hours ago, tatzhit said:

I find it hard to believe that US soldiers would prefer to close to spitting distance with the enemy and therefore lose their advantages in long-range marksmanship. Heck, the entire premise of the 5.56 round is that it doesn't drop at ranges over 300m like the 7.62x39 does.

fandango is right.FM 3-22.9 http://usacac.army.mil/sites/default/files/misc/doctrine/CDG/cdg_resources/manuals/fm/fm3_22x9.pdf 

looks like page 263.