winterfell

Alpha 10 Public Test, Redux! -- Password: threeweekslater

For anyone who is not in the squad discord, the V10 Beta test is live! Just enter in "threeweekslater" in the beta tab and download it

Edited by winterfell

Hey Squaddies!

We're back at it with another public alpha 10 test! You know we crushed over 300 bugs and now we're looking to suss out the last of them... with your help!

The test should keep you busy most of the weekend. It'll ultimately depend on the bugs uncovered, but that leads us to: there are likely to be some more patches over the weekend. The bright side is, they should be smaller -- on the order of hundreds of megabytes, rather than gigs.

If anything bad breaks, we'll be doing our best to keep you playing as long as possible.

DVC9xFPW4AApYPi.jpg:large

If you're looking to download the test client, navigate to your Steam Library. Find Squad, right-click, and select Properties. Click on the Betas tab. Use the code threeweekslater then click Check Code. Select public-testing from the drop-down above that, and let Steam do the download business.

So, be sure to get us your feedback!

And, of course, we're in Discord if you need some squadmates... or you want to commiserate with the other folks that took a vacation this weekend. =) https://discordapp.com/invite/squad

Some Quick Fixes

Motion Blur issues -- reset your cache.

Branch not downloading -- restart Steam.

Nobody to play with -- join Discord!

As always, we recommend clearing your appdata after a large update!

Server Owners

Please be aware that you may need to lower your slot counts to maintain performance -- we're aware of the performance issues and will continue to crush them, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentations of their project manager.

You guys are too nice.

Key binding don't work at all. Forward , go left, go right and backward are not visible in  the setting. i deleted the cache but nothing. I am now redownloaling the entire game. WTF

1 minute ago, alex.sweedensniiperr said:

What is the point of having a test of a game supposedly still in alpha? Just update and because you're in "alpha" you can have lots of bugs.

The way out of alpha is making sure the game-breaking bugs are fixed, though. New systems, new variables, new maps, new optimizations, etc, aren't a fully known quantity until they've had their shakedown run with the rest of the game in place. And the best way to get all the bugs is to test the builds, as thoroughly as possible, especially under conditions they'd face at full release. Progress comes in all shapes and sizes. =)

You guys are the best. And i like how you guys put threeweekslater as the Beta code. It tells us that you aware of the meme 

Edited by Dani

Nice! I'm just hoping that my fps won't take a hit.

Are we allowed to talk about the new content in the playtest (if there is any)?

Edited by fatalsushi

4 minutes ago, fatalsushi said:

Nice! I'm just hoping that my fps won't take a hit.

Are we allowed to talk about the new content in the playtest (if there is any)?

Yep! It's a public test, so feel free to chat, stream, screenshot, and share.

As far as FPS, we're hearing it both ways so far... so, roll the dice? =) (And then let us know!)

Hmmm, it's not DLing..... I played the first time around, did I lose my spot?!? O.o

Update: Had to opt out first, and then opt back in. All is rosy now.

Edited by LugNut

9 minutes ago, Gatzby said:

As far as FPS, we're hearing it both ways so far... so, roll the dice? =) (And then let us know!)

And what about my key binding problem. can someone answer me plzzzzz ?

Just now, selecto said:

And what about my key binding problem. can someone answer me plzzzzz ?

I answered on the other thread you posted the question in!

Funny how i just started Squad the first time after the last a10 test, finally accepting, that i have to go back to a9. Starting game, seeing info, checking forums. Happy man. thx guys!

Found a bug on Russia side friendly track vehicle did not show up on map.   Sensitivity does not want to adjust correctly when lowering sensitivity

9 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Overall, does v10 have better or worse performance compared to v9. Or does it really just depend on the system? I was getting a 10+ fps drop on Basrah with my gtx950 and i5.

Stamina bug not consumed in crouch  there is still.

How can i have the game in english?? It s in italian now...WTF???

Edited by Tmac

Russian supply track takes 2000 ammo and 2000 building supplies at the same time. I thought they should share the space.

Just a few words for the devs:

- Programmers, thanks for all the grinding work fixing the bugs.

- The new M4 sounds great!

- Small thing, but I'm excited about the SPG having frag rounds. I was looking forward to this.

- The ranging, including the working optics, is awesome and seems to work flawlessly.

- Everything is just really badass, thank you.

Edited by fatalsushi

5 hours ago, Tmac said:

How can i have the game in english?? It s in italian now...WTF???

Steam - Squad properties - languages

H0muceh.png

I've lost sound with this version of V10, anyone else? It's not my system, I have sound in other apps and it's been fine in Squad up until now.