sgt_mayhem

V10 Public Test live again!

I'm not believing you until it installs ..... 

I'm kinda excited tho...

but waiting to be trolled...

Edited by embecmom

I was in game when the post came upon my twitter feed. Lot's of guys were quick to call my bluff. They are probably still trying to hang onto the Fob at Outskirts and I am sitting back smoking a cigar waiting for the download to complete. 

Finally get to participate at a v10!  Missed out on last one.  Going to class coming back and hopefullt play while i can before my wife gets back

Annoyingly, it hasn't actually started downloading for me yet. I've tried restarting steam a couple of times and although it says 'Squad [Public-Testing]' to show that I'm on the right branch, launching the game shows I'm still on V9.xx down in the bottom left. 

Wondering how long this will be up as well. Hopefully it is going to be longer than this weekend as it's a busy one with Bathurst 12 Hours, Six Nations and Super Bowl! 

13 minutes ago, Yorkie065 said:

Annoyingly, it hasn't actually started downloading for me yet. I've tried restarting steam a couple of times and although it says 'Squad [Public-Testing]' to show that I'm on the right branch, launching the game shows I'm still on V9.xx down in the bottom left. 

Wondering how long this will be up as well. Hopefully it is going to be longer than this weekend as it's a busy one with Bathurst 12 Hours, Six Nations and Super Bowl! 

Happened as well to me.  Restarted the computer and steam and whalla .

59 minutes ago, Yorkie065 said:

Once the code is entered, be sure to click the drop down menu and select NONE, then select public beta. Your download should start up

Bloody awesome!

Only four hours to download :/ ...f#ck BT in the UK for not extending availability of fibre.

Protegimus

Did they disable 'motion blur' in v10 ? no longer seems to be a selectable option in the graphics menu

8 minutes ago, moose said:

Did they disable 'motion blur' in v10 ? no longer seems to be a selectable option in the graphics menu

Blast your cache. =) Should fix the blurring issues.

1 hour ago, Yorkie065 said:

Change branches back and forth in the dropdown box, or restart Steam. Should get you downloading.

38 minutes ago, M.I.K.E. said:

how long can we test this?

You should be able to get your game on for the weekend, though the end time will vary by bugginess. There may also be a few patches over the weekend to smooth out some of the bumps, if we can, but we expect those to be in the hundreds of megabytes, not gigabytes.

if anyone else is suffering this problem, just go back to properties, select opt out, then back on the beta tab. 

Hey Squaddies!

Wanted to break this out into a post of its own so everyone has a chance to spot it.

The test should keep you busy most of the weekend. It'll ultimately depend on the bugs uncovered, but that leads us to: there are likely to be some more patches over the weekend. The bright side is, they should be smaller -- on the order of hundreds of megabytes, rather than gigs.

DVC9xFPW4AApYPi.jpg:large

If you're looking to download the test client, navigate to your Steam Library. Find Squad, right-click, and select Properties. Click on the Betas tab. Use the code threeweekslater then click Check Code. Select public-testing from the dropdown above that, and let Steam do the download business.

So, be sure to get us your feedback!

And, of course, we're in Discord if you need some squadmates... or you want to commiserate with the other folks that took a vacation this weekend. =) https://discordapp.com/invite/squad

Some Quick Fixes

Motion Blur issues -- reset your cache.

Branch not downloading -- restart Steam.

Nobody to play with -- join Discord!

51 minutes ago, Gatzby said:

Hey Squaddies!

Wanted to break this out into a post of its own so everyone has a chance to spot it.

The test should keep you busy most of the weekend. It'll ultimately depend on the bugs uncovered, but that leads us to: there are likely to be some more patches over the weekend. The bright side is, they should be smaller -- on the order of hundreds of megabytes, rather than gigs.

DVC9xFPW4AApYPi.jpg:large

If you're looking to download the test client, navigate to your Steam Library. Find Squad, right-click, and select Properties. Click on the Betas tab. Use the code threeweekslater then click Check Code. Select public-testing from the dropdown above that, and let Steam do the download business.

So, be sure to get us your feedback!

And, of course, we're in Discord if you need some squadmates... or you want to commiserate with the other folks that took a vacation this weekend. =) https://discordapp.com/invite/squad

Some Quick Fixes

Motion Blur issues -- reset your cache.

Branch not downloading -- restart Steam.

Nobody to play with -- join Discord!

Key binding for movement soldier don't visible in the settings ! help plzzzz

1 hour ago, selecto said:

Key binding for movement soldier don't visible in the settings ! help plzzzz

In controls on the faded "Infantry" tab.

19 minutes ago, Carlos said:

In controls on the faded "Infantry" tab.

Thx for your reply but there is nothing. No key binding for the movement of the soldier, just the movement. Every key are here exept ...ing Moveement soldier. WTF

I have a weird version of squad. part of the game in the menu is translate in french. How can i hace the engklish version of the game ?

Great to play A10! I would like to give lots of credit to sound engineer @anders for giving the gunshots that more distant poffy feel! Great work, really! Feels so much more immerse. Turned the sound up really loud and it was really cool. Thanks for the best game! Only game I ever play really. 

Likewise: missed the first test, about to get into V10 any second myself...