Sign in to follow this  
Kdotman

Weapon Handling

Is it me or does the m4 kick like an AK  and the AK is far more controllable than the m4 at the moment.?

The AK-74 fires a smaller round and has a lower rate of fire, so it should be more controllable in full auto.

Lol people fire on full auto the m4, no but seriously I feel the kick does its job, to be used on close combat which in my believe is somewhere between <25m

Its not just you! The kick of the M4 is actually okay imo.

But the recoil of the AK is just a little to weak (or M4 is a little to strong), even if it is the 74 variant (my thought is that they did it for balance reasons!?).

But M249 and RPKs recoil is just not present. I can easily fire a whole mag without ADS and still hit targets +100m away.

But M249 and RPKs recoil is just not present. I can easily fire a whole mag without ADS and still hit targets +100m away.

That is going to change, firing from the shoulder will only be viable at extremely close ranges as reactionary measures. We are going to make you want to use your sights when possible...just you wait...

The only thing I really don't like is the weapon sway in the moment. But this is subject to change i guess.

The only thing I really don't like is the weapon sway in the moment. But this is subject to change i guess.

It will, but not the way I've heard you express your opinion on. You're basing your judgement on what is essentially the standing position, which will be the least desirable shooting position, just like real life.

It will, but not the way I've heard you express your opinion on. You're basing your judgement on what is essentially the standing position, which will be the least desirable shooting position, just like real life.

Glad to hear. I can't wait to see some more depth in the shooting positions, and refined weapon sway IMO still seems much I'm not that steady and I don't sway that much in RL lol but it's a game so I can't complain :)

In comparison with other games, I really have issues with aiming. Can't hit anything, especially with M4. AK iron sights are a bit better or it just feels like that. Though, I got headshotted while moving many times with a single shot, so I guess someone doesn't have this issue or they are hackers extremely lucky.

What could be wrong here? Particular weapon settings? Mouse settings, sensitivity?

real life.

If the "real life" means "you can't hit a shit", this is not a fun way to spend your time in shooting game. Must be some compromise between fun and real life. Even in Arma it's easier to aim.

I know things gonna change, so it's just a feedback for the current weapon handling.

In comparison with other games, I really have issues with aiming. Can't hit anything, especially with M4. AK iron sights are a bit better or it just feels like that. Though, I got headshotted while moving many times with a single shot, so I guess someone doesn't have this issue or they are hackers extremely lucky.

What could be wrong here? Particular weapon settings? Mouse settings, sensitivity?

If the "real life" means "you can't hit a shit", this is not a fun way to spend your time in shooting game. Must be some compromise between fun and real life. Even in Arma it's easier to aim.

I know things gonna change, so it's just a feedback for the current weapon handling.

For me it is alot of fun! No other game had such long lasting firefights yet, i totaly love that about squad in its current form! Everyone has there own opinion but for me it is a fun time spending in a "shooting" game. I hope it will stay this way, with the addition of deploying weapons on material. The longer the firefights the better! :)

For me it is alot of fun! No other game had such long lasting firefights yet, i totaly love that about squad in its current form! Everyone has there own opinion but for me it is a fun time spending in a "shooting" game. I hope it will stay this way, with the addition of deploying weapons on material. The longer the firefights the better! :)

Sure, everyone are free to have their own opinion. And my opinion isn't about long or short firefights. It's about aiming and weapon handling.

Maybe guys, who dont' have issues, could post their settings? DPI, Sensitivity ingame, Windows sens, extra parameters (mouse smoothing and stuff).

Currently I got:

SteelSeries Sensei 800 DPI

Sens ingame: 5

Sens win: 6/11

Extra:

bEnableMouseSmoothing=False

bEnableFOVScaling=False

Sure, everyone are free to have their own opinion. And my opinion isn't about long or short firefights. It's about aiming and weapon handling.

Maybe guys, who dont' have issues, could post their settings? DPI, Sensitivity ingame, Windows sens, extra parameters (mouse smoothing and stuff).

Currently I got:

SteelSeries Sensei 800 DPI

Sens ingame: 5

Sens win: 6/11

Extra:

bEnableMouseSmoothing=False

bEnableFOVScaling=False

I use 1.39 in-game with other setting being the same as yours. Something about mouse control currently feels off, unresponsive atm. Having problem landing shots because of it + weird sway and long weapon reset.