thamez7

Pre- Destroyed buildings?

I know having destructible buildings has been brought up, and while it would be an awesome addition to the game, (imo) it's probably not feasible, as discussed in some of the threads I've read. My question is: Does anyone know if the devs intend to make a map that is more war-torn and has most of the buildings pre-destroyed? Examples of destruction would vary from building to building, and they could be as little as some noticeable chunks missing in the walls and some clutter and trash on the ground inside the buildings, to as much as an entire building bombed out and collapsed in on itself. I'm mostly thinking of the new Fallujah map coming up in terms of where this would be a great addition. The reason I think this would be a great addition to the game is because it will not only look more realistic, but it will allow for better gameplay, considering that now you can enter a building not only through a door, but a hole in the wall, or maybe your now able to shoot through a sniper hole or lob a grenade over the walls in one of the rooms because the roof is collapsed.  I've been to Iraq and Afghanistan and have seen just how much destruction can happen to cities and villages, it sometimes gets to me during game-play that the buildings, (especially Al Basrah) are all in perfectly good shape. I'm just curious to see if anyone has discussed this and if the map designers plan on implementing this into a map down the road, and I apologize if it's already been brought up. The only threads I have found on the subject have to do with buildings being destroyed in a battlefield or arma manner. Thanks for your time.

I really like it when maps do this, because it feels pretty weird to be able to hide inside a wooden house and be perfectly immune to enemy mortars falling on my head. If the buildings are a bit pre-destroyed, they're no longer perfect bomb shelters.

For immersion it would be nice, make it look like a actual battlefield, i know they probably wanna go for a actual town looking like it was just abandoned by civilians before the fight, but a burning vehicle here and there, craters, blown up walls and such can add so much more.

I look forward to seeing if the devs take any interest into this being added into the map/s that are present or upcoming.

I would be happy with some basic destruction thats easy on the performance, lie we had in PR or Arma, explosion/big dustcloud/intact building model replaced with destroyed building model.