Bonnie Money

Responsibilities

I feel like that on casual servers, people aren't enough dedicated to their responsabilities. It's hard to find a medic doing his job all the time, if all medics were healing people's wounds games eould be much more different. Same for SL, there is always one or two squads in a corner od the map and even if they answer they sit around during all game.Or just even soldiers respawning randomly everywhere.

Is there anything that could be done to sensitize players to be efficient.

Or to have 2 tabs when searching servers, the chill ones and the hot ones.

1 hour ago, Bonnie Money said:

I feel like that on casual servers, people aren't enough dedicated to their responsabilities. It's hard to find a medic doing his job all the time, if all medics were healing people's wounds games eould be much more different. Same for SL, there is always one or two squads in a corner od the map and even if they answer they sit around during all game.Or just even soldiers respawning randomly everywhere.

Is there anything that could be done to sensitize players to be efficient.

Or to have 2 tabs when searching servers, the chill ones and the hot ones.

If you're on a server and there's a squad with 1, let alone 2 squads chilling in the corner of the map... start asking for an admin. If there's none there, leave and find another server. I can't speak for all servers, but on Total War, I'd be kicking SL's if what they're doing is not making sense or being anywhere near an objective and they were refusing to get back near the fight. 

On individual soldiers respawning and "not doing their jobs", that's on their SL. Depending on the map, what's going on and how experienced the SL is, how firm and tightly they control their squad is going to vary. Sometimes a numpty spawning on the other side of the map doesn't matter. Other times it does, and can result in a kick from the squad. Same thing with players constantly taking marksman after you've just explained that you NEED 2 LATs. SL's need to start being more ruthless. They need to know what they're doing (aka experience and hours) and have a plan, but I find that many of the less experienced ones don't want to cause waves - so they'll just let their guys do whatever.

Well...one thing you DON'T want to do it start throwing tantrums and screaming at people. There's a fine line between having a voice of reason and logic versus being a complete menace to the team by over-flooding the comms channels with things like:

"WTF you're doing, doesn't make any god damn sense, learn how to Squad Lead, you're useless, uninstall the game, I have 2000 more hours than you therefore I know and you don't, I'm an admin so you must listen to me and I have an absolute right to speak non-stop on comms channel because I'm the best">:(

Nah nah...these sort of things are unacceptable behaviors and contribute to absolutely nothing...

What you want to do is try your best to minimize the loss. A single squad of 9 guys with a logi can make a world of a difference as the rest of the players on your team, even if they are being led by a jackass, will open their map to see your FOB/HAB closer to an objective which means closer to the fight and will eventually spawn there with you to either defend/attack the objective. If you see your team being steamrolled then instead of falling back to the 3rd-from-last defense point you may want to go to the 2nd-from-last defense point to give you a bit more time to setup the FOB/HAB properly. 

The majority of times you see a squad in the middle of nowhere it's because they're usually working from a rally point because there's no other spawn point available. If you make a spawn point available close enough to a cap then guys will automatically spawn there. Which is why I usually take the responsibilities of the FOB placements on any given map....

21 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

Well...one thing you DON'T want to do it start throwing tantrums and screaming at people. There's a fine line between having a voice of reason and logic versus being a complete menace to the team by over-flooding the comms channels with things like:

"WTF you're doing, doesn't make any god damn sense, learn how to Squad Lead, you're useless, uninstall the game, I have 2000 more hours than you therefore I know and you don't, I'm an admin so you must listen to me and I have an absolute right to speak non-stop on comms channel because I'm the best">:(

Nah nah...these sort of things are unacceptable behaviors and contribute to absolutely nothing...

What you want to do is try your best to minimize the loss. A single squad of 9 guys with a logi can make a world of a difference as the rest of the players on your team, even if they are being led by a jackass, will open their map to see your FOB/HAB closer to an objective which means closer to the fight and will eventually spawn there with you to either defend/attack the objective. If you see your team being steamrolled then instead of falling back to the 3rd-from-last defense point you may want to go to the 2nd-from-last defense point to give you a bit more time to setup the FOB/HAB properly. 

The majority of times you see a squad in the middle of nowhere it's because they're usually working from a rally point because there's no other spawn point available. If you make a spawn point available close enough to a cap then guys will automatically spawn there. Which is why I usually take the responsibilities of the FOB placements on any given map....

Yeah i totally agree with you on this one.This behavor is not good but you must understand that for some people this is not "just a game" many players play it with so much passion and emotions too.So i understand both sides here i get frustrated like that to sometimes but i rage quit ;-) thats my answer.

55 minutes ago, Bahrein said:

Yeah i totally agree with you on this one.This behavor is not good but you must understand that for some people this is not "just a game" many players play it with so much passion and emotions too.So i understand both sides here i get frustrated like that to sometimes but i rage quit ;-) thats my answer.

Yeah don't get me wrong I get frustrated as well but I make an effort to provide constructive reasoning and try to make them understand what they're doing wrong and where they are needed most. 

Just yesterday I played a game where a full 9-man squad were doing mortars. Needless to say all the other SL's on the team included myself spoke to that SL calmly and explained that he doesn't need a 9-man squad for mortars. 

Just yesterday I played a game where a full 9-man squad were doing mortars. Needless to say all the other SL's on the team included myself spoke to that SL calmly and explained that he doesn't need a 9-man squad for mortars. 

Something to be said about this though....

For alot of newer players (me included), and I assume alot of players that may be coming from a gaming background where the pacing is a little slower and more thought out: its kind of a relief to be on the back end / supply lines, especially when first starting out. The frustration of the spawn camping FOB mechanics/spawn-die-spawn-die gameplay that can happen, especially on smaller maps, I could see wanting to be a little further from the thick of action and getting acquainted with the gameplay in a less frustrating way.

Just something to keep in mind when seeing 9 man mortar squads, it might not be they are that dense, but that players are joining it so they dont have to be put thru the meat grinder, and getting to try different aspects of the gameplay to see if its worth sticking around. Is it a winning strategy? Likely not. Are the players enjoying their experience more than if they are at the frontlines? Possibly.

Edited by fuzzhead

9 man squad doing mortars .. the other members so scared of the SL they cant leave it?

you don't say whether you are taking the SL role or not?  if you are the SL if people are not following orders just kick them from your squad.. its not worth a second worrying about it... just get rid and hopefully you get someone in the squad that is happy to support you... 

It all depends on the SL you think is doing something that it shouldn't... its a real pain in the ass when back seat SLs shouting in chat because they think you should be doing xyz ... usually because their own SL doesn't communicate with them .. tbh I wish most people would just concentrate on their own squad and what their doing instead of worrying about other squads...its the reality of the game that some are not going to play the flags directly, are flanking..setting up a mortar or sitting covering a point to stop an advance from a certain area... where others are just screwing about... 

Medics role is the cancer role to most people... I play medic a lot and most of the time ill get 5-10 heals max ive managed is about 20 odd... in the 20s it makes a difference but most of the time if its around the 5 level I'm usually dying as a result... so I'm just not sure the medic role has any major benefit int he game where on average you save, if you are lucky across the team less tickets than the loss of a stryker so imo it would be more valuable to actually save vehicles or have a mechanic role than the current medic one.

The big problem with the medic role is that they open up other roles once someone takes it.. but what happens is that they wait for a third person to join.. and then quickly switch to AT or something so you are left without a Medic... the other roles should never be opened up when the medic slot is empty..so if someone decides hey ill switch to AT, as soon as he drops out.. the AT role is not grabable...

theres screeds of posts on this... many of which I ranted about already!

5 hours ago, Bahrein said:

someone gave me grief the other night for calling out directions of enemy contact Alpha Bravo four zero north sorta thing... grumped that I was a 'roleplay seeyounexttuesday' and rage quit... so for some they just want to shoot shit and not worry about the rest.. so you find some small squads want to do that..dont communicate and sit in the oddest places on the map... I guess you got to respect that as they paid for the game like everyone else...

Edited by embecmom

9 hours ago, embecmom said:

someone gave me grief the other night for calling out directions of enemy contact Alpha Bravo four zero north sorta thing... grumped that I was a 'roleplay seeyounexttuesday' and rage quit... so for some they just want to shoot shit and not worry about the rest.. so you find some small squads want to do that..dont communicate and sit in the oddest places on the map... I guess you got to respect that as they paid for the game like everyone else...

No you don't! In fact this is a terrible attitude. If you have a squad that's off in the middle of nowhere ****ing around, you need to tell them that what they're doing is idiotic. You can do it without being an asshole, but it needs to be said. Because if you have 18 guys attacking and only 9 defending because the other 9 are off ****ing around... unless the other team has a squad that's just as dense, you're going to lose every match due to that one squad off in the boonies. If that's the case, find an admin and have that SL removed from the server... because all he's doing is hindering your entire team. Just because they bought the game, it doesn't give them the right to play it however they want at the expense of the other 30+ people on their team and the other 70+ people in the server.

This is one of the things I both love and hate about squad. You're dependent on your teammates to win. Yes a couple good squads can make a huge difference... but generally you cannot win without everyone at least kind of working together. Which is fantastic and is what makes the game so great. Unless one of your fellow SL's is a ****ing idiot and constantly wants to go off doing stupid shit that does absolutely nothing to help the team. Then all that he's doing is hindering their entire team and affecting all 40 players on the team. And if it's really a steamrole, then they're affecting the entire server, because games that are a complete role are boring and suck for both teams.

I just want to note - this isn't always the case. Sometimes a squad that's not on an active attack/defend objective actually makes sense (taking down a radio, intercepting the enemy, flanking, whatever). Usually it doesn't make sense, but occasionally it will - so always make sure to ask before going all Major Tom on their ass. But for example if you're the US and Castle (OP First Light) is your attack objective and Storage is your defend objective... having a full 9 man squad super fobbing Raildocks (US 1st flag) "just in case" is idiotic and hindering your entire team. And in that case, something absolutely needs to be said - or find an admin to deal with the issue - because that is most certainly an issue that needs to be addressed.

4 hours ago, Ti0mat said:

No you don't! In fact this is a terrible attitude. If you have a squad that's off in the middle of nowhere ****ing around, you need to tell them that what they're doing is idiotic. You can do it without being an asshole, but it needs to be said. Because if you have 18 guys attacking and only 9 defending because the other 9 are off ****ing around... unless the other team has a squad that's just as dense, you're going to lose every match due to that one squad off in the boonies. If that's the case, find an admin and have that SL removed from the server... because all he's doing is hindering your entire team. Just because they bought the game, it doesn't give them the right to play it however they want at the expense of the other 30+ people on their team and the other 70+ people in the server.

well unfortunately you have a bit of an attitude that you deem you are always right .. it comes through in your posts and anyone that doesn't do what you think is correct is an idiot/noob etc... 

you have no right to demand of anyone in a game that they pay for to do what you want... I get TKing /wasting assets/trolling.. etc but if I take my squad and decide I want to go to x and fight the enemy there it is absolutely nothing to do with you .. you are NOT always correct just because you think you are an experienced player, that you deem that your idea of where the fight or location of the squad should be is better.

You need to learn to suck it up or find another game because if the majority of people in squad end up with your attitude you might find that you end up playing with yourself, in more ways than one.

I think the best way to improve upon the issue is to give higher incentives in the form of points earned to those who fight on an objective. I noticed that on some maps/layers the point reward for staying on a defense objective is accumulated over time but doesn't work all the time. I think if the devs made sure that defense caps are point rewarding across all maps and layers it will slowly build the confidence in players to work the objective....

5 hours ago, embecmom said:

well unfortunately you have a bit of an attitude that you deem you are always right .. it comes through in your posts and anyone that doesn't do what you think is correct is an idiot/noob etc... 

you have no right to demand of anyone in a game that they pay for to do what you want... I get TKing /wasting assets/trolling.. etc but if I take my squad and decide I want to go to x and fight the enemy there it is absolutely nothing to do with you .. you are NOT always correct just because you think you are an experienced player, that you deem that your idea of where the fight or location of the squad should be is better.

You need to learn to suck it up or find another game because if the majority of people in squad end up with your attitude you might find that you end up playing with yourself, in more ways than one.

It's not about "doing what I want them to do". It's about SL's doing what's best for the betterment of the team. The team at any given point of the game has some pretty specific goals and every SL should be trying to advance those goals. The game is called Squad, and players have to work together. That doesn't mean that someone can go super FOB the first point or some random hill/compound in the woods because that's how they want to play, and that just because they paid their money it's okay and acceptable for them to do so. And that has everything to do with everyone else on the server, because frequently what one squad does affects everyone else. So let me re-iterate. You see that shit happening, call for an admin.

On 1/31/2018 at 7:56 AM, CptDirty said:

Nah nah...these sort of things are unacceptable behaviors and contribute to absolutely nothing.....

You pretty much described doctor hammer there lmao. 

+1

On 2/1/2018 at 1:21 PM, jellyswim said:

You pretty much described doctor hammer there lmao. 

+1

That guy is so annoying. I joined his squad in the v10 playtest and all he did was complain about how slow the movement was and how everything was now ****ed. The movement has never felt better. The gun play and handling feels amazing now. 

3 hours ago, Han said:

That guy is so annoying. I joined his squad in the v10 playtest and all he did was complain about how slow the movement was and how everything was now ****ed. The movement has never felt better. The gun play and handling feels amazing now. 

Yeah no matter what happens, he always finds something to be salty about.