Roy Bharadwaj

New player searching for help on Optimising the Game.

Guys i am new squad players who is looking for help on how to optimise his game settings, pc and graphics to run the game smooth at 60 fps.
My rig is pretty low-end:
AMD FX-6300 6-Core CPU
GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GPU
8GB RAM
I am playing on a 1920x1080 60Hz monitor
(Win 10 with all updated drivers)
I want to know how to customize my in-game graphics settings and nvdia control panel settings so i can play the game at smooth 60 fps.

I run squad with the same gpu as you but on a i7 4790 @ 3.6ghz and 12 gb 1600 ram.

I don't have any special options enabled (like motion blur etc) and screen sharpening & anti aliasing are off.

Shadows on low, others on high.

No special nvidia options, steam ingame community off. 65-110fps depending on map with sometimes drops to 55fps.

But i think your cpu is the problem, it doesn't even meet the minimum req and squad is pretty cpu heavy.

Edited by oTec

I had almost the exact same build a while ago, and I pretty much had to drop all the settings to complete sh*t on lots of the maps to get even 40+ fps. The smaller desert ones worked alright, but maps with a lot of terrain textures would not work too well. I hate to say it, but AMD CPUs are just not good at handling the UE4 engine. The 6300 certainly can run the game, but it's not going to get you to a solid 60 fps most of the time.

13 minutes ago, Roy Bharadwaj said:

Then what other processor do u guys think i should upgrade to?
I am thinking Ryzen 1600X with another 8 gb of ram for 16 gb total. Would these be enough?

Yes that is a good chip. Older AMD chips don't hold up well, luckily the Ryzen series is massively different.