Can anyone please explain how to load and unload logi truck in V10? I saw some videos and players had a clear problem with that. Q is no longer working as in V9.

You can choose what to drop (Ammo vs Supplies) it indicates at the right side of the screen as your inventory

and I do believe hold left click? to unload

So how it worked in v10 playtest (its little bit complicated and confusing at begining because even skilled players didnt getit all as i could see at youtube records and twitch). 

for example we take standart logi with 2000 supply points space (1000 ammo, 1000 constructions) and yes Q doesnt work anymore. 

BASIC principles:

Scroll-wheel didnt work in that build. It was bug. And many many players was pretty confused because of this. 

1. Pick up type of supply. Press at Alphanumeric keyboard 1 (Ammo supplies) or 2 (construction supplies) 

2. Unload. HOLD left mouse button (simple click did nothing).

3. Load. HOLD right mouse button. Same like for unload. Simple click did nothing. 

Now Confusing part come.

1. How to refill supply truck at main base ? 

go close to repair station and you will get automatically 1000 ammo supplies and 1000 construction supplies !!!!! INSTANTLY!!!!!. 

2. what if you want take some custom load-out Lets say  1600 ammo and 400 construction? Stay away from repair station but stay in radius of Main base !!!IMPORTANT!!!!

Pick up type (1- ammo or 2- construction)  and HOLD right mouse button as long as you wish.  When you drive away dont touch repair station radius or it will automatically instantly refill to 1000, 1000 and your workout was wasted. 

3. How to unload/load at FOB 

See basic principles. And HOLD left/right mouse button. This is important. There is some time delay per 100 units. So if you clicked it did nothing. Its super cool because you need some time to unload supplies from your truck. I personally liked it. So unload truck with 2000 units it took may be 10-20 seconds ? something like that. It wasnt instant

NOTE: 

You dont have to unload all supplies. Imagine that you load supply truck by 2000 construction units. 

Imagine you have 2 SL and both build FOB. And both need supplies for build HAB. Yes ... you can unload at one some supplies and at another FOB another loadout. 2 in 1. Also you can collect from old FOB all unused supplies and bring them at actual FOB. 

Edited by elerik
update details

Thanks for details.  I did not know if you were loading out the supplies, you could load it back to logi again at the FOB.

Why Custom Load-IN at the Base? Is it possible, for example, to load 2000 only ammo? If not, it does not make sense.

Perhaps it would be good to write detailed instructions as soon as the sharp V10 version comes out.

1 minute ago, kuracino said:

Why Custom Load-IN at the Base? Is it possible, for example, to load 2000 only ammo? If not, it does not make sense.

I updated my previous response a little bit.

would be better if you could just load with right or left click too or press q to load and unload both at same time... seems simpler.

@embecmom I like the incremental drop. It requires you to think about your approach and have INF support to protect resources, if your close to a hot area. Consider if supplies had to be physically removed from the truck, it would take some time. This simply removes the magic drop and is in line with the time delay for entering/exiting vehicles in v10. 

There's also an unseen positive. Lets say you get attacked while unloading, you can pull off with what supplies are "remaining" and stage somewhere else. This prevents you from needing to pick up supplies again at main. In v9.17, you lose the FOB and supplies you just dropped. You can also supply two FOBs with one load. 

Edited by PROTOCOL

2 hours ago, elerik said:

So how it worked in v10 playtest (its little bit complicated and confusing at begining because even skilled players didnt getit all as i could see at youtube records and twitch). 

... (didn't quote all cause of clutter)

+1

good point! I hope they sort out loadout at main.

Edited by Disco

Incremental drop also means you could use one logi to supply two seperate FOBS, does it not?

Maybe a loading bay decal give a simple visual clue?

Only thing I didn't like was the 1, 2 buttons should be opposite resource  to match the colours  Ammunition us on the left and then construction in the visual cue  Red the yellow. So the button should match as we read left to right. 

2 hours ago, embecmom said:

would be better if you could just load with right or left click too or press q to load and unload both at same time... seems simpler.

I haven't played V10, missed the testing due to overtime at work over xmas, but the long post by @elerik makes it seem rather complicated, hopefully it's easier to understand in game.

I think the simplest way to do it would be to have the driver be able to select ammo and supplies as he does weapons (1 equips supplies, 2 equips ammo, etc.). Holding left click slowly 'sucks' up supplies from either main base or the current FOB that you're at. Holding right click slowly deposits any supplies/ammunition to the base/FOB.

That might be how it is right now, like I said I haven't play tested. 

Edited by Kerri

2 minutes ago, Kerri said:

I haven't played V10, missed the testing due to overtime at work over xmas, but the long post by @elerik makes it seem rather complicated, hopefully it's easier to understand in game.

I think the simplest way to do it would be to have the driver be able to select ammo and supplies as he does weapons (1 equips supplies, 2 equips ammo, etc.). Holding left click slowly 'sucks' up supplies from either main base or the current FOB that you're at. Holding right click slowly deposits any supplies/ammunition to the base/FOB.

That might be how it is right now, like I said I haven't play tested. 

This is how it works. This is how people should understand it. Unfortunately they didnt.

During play test I heard at least 50 times "how the hell it works" question. Specially they were confused with HOLDing button and Resupply at main or they tried to switch it with mousewhee but it was buged and they couldnt get that they have also alphanumerical keyboard. Its surprising how many people switch weapon just via mousewheel. 

Maybe a loading bay decal might be a nice clue. 

Personally didn't like the order of the 1/2 buttons.  As we have ammunition on the left and construction right left to right. How about having them match that order.

15 minutes ago, elerik said:

This is how it works. This is how people should understand it. Unfortunately they didnt.

During play test I heard at least 50 times "how the hell it works" question. Specially they were confused with HOLDing button and Resupply at main or they tried to switch it with mousewhee but it was buged and they couldnt get that they have also alphanumerical keyboard. Its surprising how many people switch weapon just via mousewheel. 

To be fair I tend to switch weapon via mousewheel because I'm sick to death of equipping the wrong RPG or healing device, it's always the one you don't need that you pull out. Squad of infantry climbing a hill, all clumped up? Press 3 and you magically equip your HEAT warhead. Enemy HMMWV circling your squad, pinning everyone down? Press 3 and you magically equip your frag warhead. Then you need to sit through the 20 seconds of animation slowly opening the collapsible sights and then slowly closing them before you can equip the right one.

If the developers wanted to be sure the players would not be confused by - clicking and holding, then the click would start the automatic loading / unloading, canceled with another click. so the click and hold could work independently of each other.

Trying to understand this just gave me a headache....why not keep things simple devs smh...It's already hard enough as it is to tell people to press Q to unload now we're at this point....Oh well....I guess the hardcore players will be able to use 1 logi to supply 2 FOBS whereas the newbies will not be able to supply any FOB.

GG! 

just meant instead of all the incremental shenanigans... left click once half ammo, left click again fills it full of ammo.. same for right click on build pts... q loads both..

reverse at the fob...

just seems a lot of faffing about with incremental when really you just want to dump in and get out of there.... 

Edited by embecmom

Why are people so much confused? Like with zeroing .... hold X and scroll, so many people was so confused. They just constantly try click click click X and cry that nothing .....This is same mechanic. And brilliant and easy. 

I believe that in feature we will have more those "hold" options because its open whole new universe of possibilities. That this is just first implementation. 

Many people was also confused just because thay didnt clear cash. And than they cry that something didnt work? but it was their problem. It was mentioned bazillion times that after every update clear cash. Wheres the problem? In between keyboard and chair. Not with system. We have same result in real life unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Trying to understand this just gave me a headache....why not keep things simple devs smh...It's already hard enough as it is to tell people to press Q to unload now we're at this point....Oh well....I guess the hardcore players will be able to use 1 logi to supply 2 FOBS whereas the newbies will not be able to supply any FOB.

GG! 

Technically speaking, it was way more complicated to write this post that it is to load supplies. I have a lot of confidence in the Squad community's ability to hit two keys, however Mac users with the one-button style of mouse might find themselves at a disadvantage. Know your limits.

We'll continue to iterate on the logistics supplies; what's been seen so far is the first pass. We're also working on UI passes, some of which were previewed in the v10 test. And it should start to make more sense when commands like that are introduced on the quick reference screen, for example. We know Squad has an (occasionally) steep learning curve, some of which will flatten out when the game is finished. It's also entirely possible we'll see mechanical changes to how the system works, or it could scrapped entirely if we hate it in the end. Hang in there. =)

34 minutes ago, Gatzby said:

however Mac users with the one-button style of mouse might find themselves at a disadvantage. Know your limits.

Wait, you can play Squad on a mac?

14 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

Wait, you can play Squad on a mac?

I am not a mac/apple expert. but there is dual-boot. you can run Windows and macOS on a mac.

nah...we want native linux support! :) 

16 minutes ago, beginna said:

I am not a mac/apple expert. but there is dual-boot. you can run Windows and macOS on a mac.

Heh, either way, it seems like a disadvantage.

Now I am super curious if people are having luck with Boot Camp. Huh.

22 minutes ago, beginna said:

But it just doesn't FEEEEL the same :( 

6 minutes ago, Gatzby said:

Now I am super curious if people are having luck with Boot Camp. Huh.

Speaking of Boot Camp, when is Squad getting it? 

#cornered