jellyswim

What are your biggest pet peeves in squad?

Squad is a great game, and I love it wholeheartedly, but with so much player to player dependence, there can be some pretty annoying things. Here are some of my biggest pet peeves:

When you set down a radio then check the map to find out all your team's logi trucks are abandoned behind enemy lines

Me "Squad 3 how's the cap at outskirts?"

Squad 3: total silence 

Being revived just to be shot in the face instantly because the medic was too lazy to throw smoke

Finding out another squad built a completely exposed HAB that the enemy is already attacking/destroying

Blueberries on my mortars

Using strykers/BTRs to rush straight into a hostile controlled close quarters/urban area.

9 man mortar teams 

SLs who think they know military lingo but really don't (if you don't know military radio jargon don't pretend you do! You just sound stupid)

When squads use the same rally location after losing fights over and over (change your strategy if you keep failing!)

I hope I don't sound too cocky because I'm not a perfect player myself, but some of these things just get so frustrating! 

I'd love you hear everyone else's pet peeves!

49 minutes ago, jellyswim said:

SLs who think they know military lingo but really don't

REPEAT!

SL's that take the same vehicle you already claimed during countdown...

SL's wanting to take lead of the battle on comms but royally **** up and I have to clean up after them...

SL's that say they will rush a point with you but flip their vehicles upon exiting base and you find yourself rushing a point with only 9 guys and no other support...

SL's that say they will back cap a point but end up not back capping...

SL's that remain on an uncappable point, either superfobbing a back cap or waiting for the rest of the team to capture the points one by one until theirs become active...

Any SL that puts a FOB half way between Village and Outskirts on Al Basrah....

When there's 9 guys in the squad and 0 medics

When there's 9 guys in the squad and 0 AT's (non-infantry layers)

When the HAB spawns everyone on top...

When you throw an incendiary grenade on a cache and it falls short....twice...

SLs who don't say anything when things aren't going their way.
Those are the most crucial calls they miss because of.. what? Embarrassment? Failure to understand it's critical info? Thinking they'll get chewed on if they say they're losing?
"We're taking a beating, we need help on cap A"
"We lost our transport can someone help"
"Enemies on our FOB careful if you spawn"
^calls I've never heard in a losing game

APC crews who don't stop when the gunner needs to shoot so aim is all screwed up. 

APCs who don't keep their distance to the fight and don't understand their fire support role. 

And yes, vehicles left all over the place must be the real team killer yes. Can totally kill the game actually! 

3 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Any SL that puts a FOB half way between Village and Outskirts on Al Basrah....

WTF

2 hours ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

And yes, vehicles left all over the place must be the real team killer yes. Can totally kill the game actually! 

This is why as of late, I am getting into Scout playing. Cleaning other teams' mess up 

Just now, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

Random squad member who's name noone knows saying: "...at my position!".

Yeah because we all know where that is... 

+10

1 hour ago, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

Random squad member who's name noone knows saying: "...at my position!".

Yeah because we all know where that is... 

I believe this is better: "Contact! The whole enemy squad in KURACINO’s direction, distance 200m at the top of the hill, I'm south of the HUB. My name is KURACINO. You can put the mark there."

reply:
"Who wants to be a squad leader?"

think this will just turn into a salt fest picking on noob SLs and players as usual.. and that is one of my pet peeves about squad.. community is getting more and more salty not only on forums but in game too...  

Player PIA things...

Creating squad and handing over SL role.. I now kick that person from the squad as the first order of the day.

spawning at main and asking for a vehicle.

back seat SLs, i.e sl tell squad blah blah to do x.. or tell all squads to move down... please..just concentrate on your own thing.if I'm communicate with you then I'm already communicating with the other squads.

no one wanting medic role

no one wanting to do logi runs

people giving up just as the medic gets there and starts bandaging

marksmen on tiny maps...

Game mechanics

its not v10  yup...

no real punishment for vehicle misuse/destroyed/dying (i.e locked out of taking armour for longer)

rallies

superfobs

cover.. every window/sandbag/car seems to be at the perfect level to shoot straight into it whilst kneeling..... even in v10 the weapon collision is rough.

medic role is not important enough to enough players if no medic in a squad then spawn time should be longer for each squad member and unless that role is filled prior to spawn, no other roles are available, so if people leave medic role before spawn then it needs filled or everyone spawns in as rifleman.

LOCKED SQUADS of 2 or less people when there are already multiple small locked squads.. ends up you have 1 or two players that a) cant get into a squad so have to create one or they end up a tiny squad too.

Suppression.. 

Edited by embecmom

"every window/sandbag/car seems to be at the perfect level to shoot straight into it whilst kneeling..." 

So true and so annoying. Yet I think it's part of their team balance philosophy that every static position should always suck so bad that you never stay anywhere. If you've noticed all windows face very funny and unrealistic directions. If there is a good window there is always a hill or a tree obstructing the line of sight. I think it is a bad policy meant for games like quake and the sort. A good squad should always be able to take the decision to bring in heavy weapons to take out a position or take an alternative flanking approach. I think it's one the worst aspects of the game. Hopefully will be better with air support and tanks etc later on though.

Interesting fact about super FOBs is that they can almost always be brought down no matter how well built they are. Throw in some smokes and some rpgs and they become very hard to defend.

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

2 hours ago, embecmom said:

Creating squad and handing over SL role.. I now kick that person from the squad as the first order of the day.

+1 ^ This is the best way to manage that, I do the same. I let them know why I'm doing it before I kick them (be direct about the notice). 

People creating squads at the beginning of the game and then giving someone else squad lead (bonus points if they make the squad, wait until it fills up, then kick whoever took the LAT kit so that they can quickly swipe the marksman kit). If I see this happen, I just instantly change teams or servers because I know at least one squad (nine whole players) are going to spend the first 10 minutes of the game yelling at each other and passing squad leader and will be totally uninvolved in the actual game.

People who dump transport/logis in inaccessible places (10 minutes walk from the nearest spawn point) so that they're unusable for the rest of the game. Bonus points if we lose a FOB and as a result of the above, the whole team is stuck at main with no transport.

As OP said, other squads who don't give sitreps. I've got no idea if they're successful in taking an objective and I should bound past them to the next, if they're wiping and I should back them up, or they're about to lose the objective and I should fall back in preparation for defending the next one.

Medics who don't assist in solving the problem with the above squad leaders by giving reports on friendly casualties. A medic who calls out that 90% of the defenders on a flag are dead are a godsend, but very few actually do it, even fewer do it without being continually reminded.

Squads who insist on taking every vehicle, the more expensive the better, and parking them in urban environments without infantry support. They lose that 28 ticket 30mm BTR by parking it next to an enemy high rise that is FOB'd and essentially has an infinite amount of RPGs flying from it? Don't worry, there's another one at spawn they can take to see if they fare better next time 

Edited by Kerri

2 hours ago, Kerri said:

People creating squads at the beginning of the game and then giving someone else squad lead (bonus points if they make the squad, wait until it fills up, then kick whoever took the LAT kit so that they can quickly swipe the marksman kit).

Has this actually happened? That's BS!

21 hours ago, embecmom said:

Creating squad and handing over SL role..

This is one of the first things that infuriate me after a map change. And then they rejoin instantly, just so they don't have to lead.

Don't make a squad if you're not going to lead it, you just pass the sh*t to some other guy in the same position.

SL should not be allowed dual role ..... kit should remain unassigned until another player takes it .. means the squad cannot mark on map, take vehicles, drop spawns or build until someone takes the role ..

The RallyPoint current system is used as throw bodies to that objective more than actual planning the attack.Pet peeve.

should be like in proyect reality imo

19 minutes ago, sgt_mayhem said:

Time between releases. Will we ever see a beta stage ? 

Confirmed Beta in 3 weeks 

35 minutes ago, sgt_mayhem said:

Time between releases. Will we ever see a beta stage ? 

We're aiming to finish alpha first. =)

Mortar squads (mortars should be built when enemy HAB is spotted in the open, otherwise they hurt the team far more than they help)

People trying to play milsim in the middle of glorified CS match that most Squad servers are

People who don't understand the meta and FOB placement

Shitty shooting mechanics and ridiculous superiority of M4s to every other rifle

Marksmen, and Riflemen who don't take Medic

5 hours ago, maze2 said:

The RallyPoint current system is used as throw bodies to that objective more than actual planning the attack.Pet peeve.

Agreed, I like PR's pacing a lot. I love squad, but it would be nice if the matches could slow down a little. 

8 hours ago, maze2 said:

I also prefer the PR rally system. In Squad the rallies encourage ppl to run at the objective one at a time like a column of ants. Having to replace it after 9 uses also seems like unnecessary busy work and there’s always that one idiot who will take the last spawn before SL.

Edited by fatalsushi

On 1/23/2018 at 1:17 AM, oTec said:

This is one of the first things that infuriate me after a map change. And then they rejoin instantly, just so they don't have to lead.

Don't make a squad if you're not going to lead it, you just pass the sh*t to some other guy in the same position.

I see this on almost every match, usually the first squad. Sometimes the guy will start multiple squads.

I'm exceedingly tired of one team absolutely stomping the other team and one side being so much stronger that they can successfully rush the second enemy cap each time. Which makes so many people rage quit that the imbalance gets worse, with half of the weaker team rotating out each round.