jellyswim

What are your biggest pet peeves in squad?

On 1/25/2018 at 8:13 PM, tatzhit said:

there are NO ingame tools for players to form lasting relationships.

the game lacks a decent system to form lasting relationships with fellow players, which far less teamwork-oriented games very much do

some added tools to help people form links and such would be neat.

thankfully Steam does have the 'Server' option when you open up the Steam overlay that lets you access people's Steam profiles fairly quickly.

4 hours ago, Hvolute said:

-The cancerous squad leader chat. (in general)

-When in the squad leader chat you have every other squad questioning your every move when in reality your pulling well over your own squads weight.

-The squad leader chat when you cant perform sound tactics because the other squads think your being too slow. 

-The squad leader chat when you get some asshole who isnt actually leading the team but is always there to act like he is when something goes wrong.

-The squad leader chat when "tips" to your squad come over the net as angry tirades

-The squad leader chat because every squad leader seems to have his own shit so squared away that he can micro other peoples squads. 

-The squad leader chat when people start screaming over the mic that you didnt cap an objective you never were told to grab in the first place. 

-The squad leader chat when you get bitched at for locking your 4 man squad so you can play as a team with your friends and not have to deal with 5 other 15 year olds who wont cooperate. 

-The squad leader chat when every other squad is screaming at you because you arent playing according to whatever tactical meta the holy church of squad approves of. 

-The end of game voice comms. It is without fail a bunch of douchebag frat boy types and wannabe marines screaming *** jokes and wailing like monkey during the inter-game period. 

Sounds like real-people leadership conflicts. This is exactly what I like actually. The game is socially rewarding because it improves your ability to handle a LOT of conflicts that would hardly ever be in real life. If someone screams -handle it like you were in a real conflict. I bet they would scream a lot and go monkeying around in real life too! 

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

8 hours ago, jellyswim said:

How do you figure?

They render emplacements and MG suppression useless, while giving one person over many a ridiculous advantage at 100 yards+ range. 

You think sitting far back and easily killing those 5-10 people peeking above or on the side of those HESCO walls returning fire to your teammates using iron sights doesn't ruin fun firefights for the majority?

Edited by Gammazeta430

6 hours ago, Gammazeta430 said:

They render emplacements and MG suppression useless, while giving one person over many a ridiculous advantage at 100 yards+ range. 

You think sitting far back and easily killing those 5-10 people peeking above or on the side of those HESCO walls returning fire to your teammates using iron sights doesn't ruin fun firefights for the majority?

No I dont think that at all. Optics have advantages, but I never thought they "ruined fire fights"

As much as steam sales will drive future growth of the game, I still have to say steam sales. Today was brutal. We had 4/4 squads mid way through the game without any SL kits. that's 100% of squad leaders on a full server without SL kits.

3 minutes ago, Tennessee said:

FOBs on Police Station make me want murder everything I see. 

putting spawn points anywhere within 50m of a point capable of being capped makes me want to kick SLs into the sun

No pistol for ACOG rifleman, however the Marksman has a pistol. What's the balance logic there? Those moments when you go for your secondary and realize you don't have one. >:(

Edited by PROTOCOL

On 23/2/2018 at 10:22 AM, PROTOCOL said:

No pistol for ACOG rifleman, however the Marksman has a pistol. What's the balance logic there? Those moments when you go for your secondary and realize you don't have one. >:(

I  think riflemen don't get secondaries irl so that's why u don't have a pistol.

On 2/23/2018 at 8:22 AM, PROTOCOL said:

Marksman kits have an 8x scope, which is pretty difficult to use in CQC, but I don't really have any problem using an acog or 1P78 at close range 

12 hours ago, maze2 said:

I  think riflemen don't get secondaries irl so that's why u don't have a pistol.

Aimpoint riflemen get secondary.... what's the difference, really?

4 hours ago, jellyswim said:

Marksman kits have an 8x scope, which is pretty difficult to use in CQC, but I don't really have any problem using an acog or 1P78 at close range 

Marksman are expected to play long range, I understand why they have a secondary (just in case). I'm questioning the reasoning in both cases where a Marksman and Standard rifleman has a secondary. However, the ACOG rifleman doesn't have a secondary. 

If the justification is because they have a 1.5x scope, then why not justify the same for kit with 8x scope (marksman)? 

If the justification is because it's also good in cqc, then why not justify the same for kit with aimpoint scope (standard rifleman)?

Edited by PROTOCOL