jellyswim

What are your biggest pet peeves in squad?

2 hours ago, LugNut said:

I see this on almost every match, usually the first squad. Sometimes the guy will start multiple squads.

I'm exceedingly tired of one team absolutely stomping the other team and one side being so much stronger that they can successfully rush the second enemy cap each time. Which makes so many people rage quit that the imbalance gets worse, with half of the weaker team rotating out each round. 

Other than the few times when there's a clan who does the right thing and voluntarily changes team, because they want a challenge, I think the only way to fix it is hope that the V10 changes and the nerf to rushing helps balance things and make slightly less organised teams more forgiving.

What I don't want is automatic team scrambling after every match, at least not without group queuing or something. Long-form games based on teamwork are absolutely unplayable if you need to spend 20 minutes trying to change teams to be with your friends because you got scrambled, and it doesn't result in a fairer game for the other team (the opposite, they're now one man down because he's spamming the change team button)

On 1/24/2018 at 11:42 AM, CptDirty said:

Confirmed Beta in 3 weeks 

We were told when Alpha 10 Public test stopped that V10 would be released 3 weeks from that time. Obviously, it is now a month later, and no V10. 

People making up facts which gain traction for some unknown reason which results in an awful lot of people jumping on the band wagon and causing even more people become misinformed. 

4 minutes ago, sgt_mayhem said:

We were told when Alpha 10 Public test stopped that V10 would be released 3 weeks from that time. Obviously, it is now a month later, and no V10. 

22 minutes ago, sgt_mayhem said:

16 hours ago, Kerri said:

Other than the few times when there's a clan who does the right thing and voluntarily changes team, because they want a challenge, I think the only way to fix it is hope that the V10 changes and the nerf to rushing helps balance things and make slightly less organised teams more forgiving.

What I don't want is automatic team scrambling after every match, at least not without group queuing or something. Long-form games based on teamwork are absolutely unplayable if you need to spend 20 minutes trying to change teams to be with your friends because you got scrambled, and it doesn't result in a fairer game for the other team (the opposite, they're now one man down because he's spamming the change team button)

My short amount of time in V10 gave me hope that while rushing any early cap you want is still possible, the odds of it being successful have been reduced, and because of that it's more risky. Like now, even if you fail, if you haven't committed more than a squad, it can still benefit you by disrupting the enemies push to a more central cap, buying your team time and enabling them to create a stronger position. 

I'm all for admin enabled team scrambling as long as entire squads get moved, not individual players. Frankly, I think the unrelenting lopsided teams is one of the biggest issues with squad currently, and V10 isn't going to fix it. I could care less if I win or lose as long as I have a fun, immersive experience during hard fought battles, and it's not often that. You're either breezing around the map with the other team in chaos and everything is easy, or you're constantly dying within 10 seconds after spawning, looking at a map with few to no places to spawn, and even good squads with decent, experienced SL's falling apart due to ragequitting. 

5 hours ago, sgt_mayhem said:

CptDirty has you sorted above, but it's worth noting that anyone saying "3 weeks" is generally quoting a meme that exists within the Squad community, not a real release date. Think of it is the, "Coming Soon" of Squad.

I haven't been around this forum long. So I wouldn't know that. I took the reply in thread immediately after the demo closed to be an official response. My bad, now I completely understand. Maybe we will see it by summer. 

Oh, I forgot my biggest pet peeve: the fact that, in a game that is primarily about player-to-player interaction and teamwork, there are NO ingame tools for players to form lasting relationships. No friendlist, "invite friends to server" buttons, different color for friends in player listing, friends voicechat... nothing. It far worse than arcade titles like World of Tanks or RTS clickfests like Wargame series. It's just... so bizarre that this key aspect is ignored.

(Before anyone says "add people to Steam friends / add them on Skypr" - yes, or I can also buy a plane ticket to their house and talk to them in person, but that doesn't change the fact that the game lacks a decent system to form lasting relationships with fellow players, which far less teamwork-oriented games very much do)

6 hours ago, sgt_mayhem said:

I haven't been around this forum long. So I wouldn't know that. I took the reply in thread immediately after the demo closed to be an official response. My bad, now I completely understand. Maybe we will see it by summer. 

I understand it might be a while. But please... For the love of god... don't make me wait till' the summer...

7 hours ago, Lightly_Salted said:

I understand it might be a while. But please... For the love of god... don't make me wait till' the summer...

We're trying to avoid that!

14 hours ago, tatzhit said:

the fact that, in a game that is primarily about player-to-player interaction and teamwork, there are NO ingame tools for players to form lasting relationships.

I'm curious -- do you have a favored game as an example? I tend to hang my hand on the old Tribes 2 interface, but I'm not sure I've seen something as robust as that for a while. MMORPGs had a lot going on for awhile too, especially with calendar integration, but it rarely seems to bleed into other genres.

would be nice if there was a simple interface when you clicked on someones name that allow's adding to steam.

promote to SL/ Kick/ Add to steam

somthing like that?

35 minutes ago, Gatzby said:

I'm curious -- do you have a favored game as an example? I tend to hang my hand on the old Tribes 2 interface, but I'm not sure I've seen something as robust as that for a while. MMORPGs had a lot going on for awhile too, especially with calendar integration, but it rarely seems to bleed into other genres.

Company of hero's had something like this but that was in a lobby not sure if its possible the same way while ingame.

Edited by ♠DEG♠

19 hours ago, tatzhit said:

(Before anyone says "add people to Steam friends / add them on Skypr" - yes, or I can also buy a plane ticket to their house and talk to them in person, but that doesn't change the fact that the game lacks a decent system to form lasting relationships with fellow players, which far less teamwork-oriented games very much do)

Get Discord, yo

On 1/24/2018 at 5:10 PM, Kerri said:

Even that is flawed though. I've switched teams a bunch of times when the other team blows... and the issue I frequently see is that unless some really strong SL's remain behind, that my new team will then just roll the other team. Not always... but when you have 4-7 strong players switch - a couple of which who SL... that's usually all it takes to roll a team.

23 hours ago, tatzhit said:

Oh, I forgot my biggest pet peeve: the fact that, in a game that is primarily about player-to-player interaction and teamwork, there are NO ingame tools for players to form lasting relationships. No friendlist, "invite friends to server" buttons, different color for friends in player listing, friends voicechat... nothing. It far worse than arcade titles like World of Tanks or RTS clickfests like Wargame series. It's just... so bizarre that this key aspect is ignored.

I'm torn on this. I was part of a BF4 community for 2 years and loved every second of it. And due to the game style that BF4 is, when in TS, we would have a LOT of fun, and it generally allowed you to get to know your clan mates and form some great friendships. Squad doesn't really allow this. I mean we're all in TS... but it's not the same. The game is way more intense and way more communication/teamwork orientated to the point that it's hard to have casual conversations while still playing semi seriously. If you're a grunt, sure - but usually at least one of us is SLing... and if the rest of us are chitchatting, he's muted his TS.

7 hours ago, YuriIsLoveYuriIsLife said:

fellas whom'st create a squad and then leave after someone joins

grG1Oi7kzsPzvHvTcQh35HPOhOg-FcxON45l9v-0

literally screws over the entire team by crippling a whole squad

Should add a 5 minute delay for leaving after you create a squad.

Edited by oTec

19 hours ago, Bash said:

Get Discord, yo

it makes it easy to link a discord link when you can send a steam message...yo

On 1/25/2018 at 10:13 PM, tatzhit said:

Hate be a broken record, but you do realize the game is still ALPHA not even beta right?

as in Alpha = there are features of this product that have yet to be added.

Does not mean we won't get these features in the future just because we don't have them now.

On 1/26/2018 at 1:03 PM, ♠DEG♠ said:

would be nice if there was a simple interface when you clicked on someones name that allow's adding to steam.

promote to SL/ Kick/ Add to steam

somthing like that?

Company of hero's had something like this but that was in a lobby not sure if its possible the same way while ingame.

Perhaps when the game is actually finished we will get it. Still in Alpha ya know.

19 hours ago, oTec said:

Should add a 5 minute delay for leaving after you create a squad.

This game will never leave alpha I think. It will never be feature complete. Always evolving. That is what is so nice about it.

Edited by SpecialAgentJohnson

On 28/1/2018 at 2:30 AM, SpecialAgentJohnson said:

This game will never leave alpha I think. It will never be feature complete. Always evolving. That is what is so nice about it.

Yes it will mate, it will take time . I mean just PR took so many years to be standalone  full  realeased game.

Edited by maze2

-The cancerous squad leader chat. (in general)

-When in the squad leader chat you have every other squad questioning your every move when in reality your pulling well over your own squads weight.

-The squad leader chat when you cant perform sound tactics because the other squads think your being too slow. 

-The squad leader chat when you get some asshole who isnt actually leading the team but is always there to act like he is when something goes wrong.

-The squad leader chat when "tips" to your squad come over the net as angry tirades

-The squad leader chat because every squad leader seems to have his own shit so squared away that he can micro other peoples squads. 

-The squad leader chat when people start screaming over the mic that you didnt cap an objective you never were told to grab in the first place. 

-The squad leader chat when you get bitched at for locking your 4 man squad so you can play as a team with your friends and not have to deal with 5 other 15 year olds who wont cooperate. 

-The squad leader chat when every other squad is screaming at you because you arent playing according to whatever tactical meta the holy church of squad approves of. 

-The end of game voice comms. It is without fail a bunch of douchebag frat boy types and wannabe marines screaming *** jokes and wailing like monkey during the inter-game period. 

3 hours ago, Gammazeta430 said:

4x scopes ruining epic fob / flag firefights

How do you figure?

That nobody plays medic. When I'm not SL I end up playing as medic so there's a chance the squad isn't going to fall apart. Can't remember the last time I played as LAT or grenadier.