Sign in to follow this  
selecto

Run speed control

Sorry for my english !

Actually for sprinting, we must press 2 keys ( "Sprint" key and "Forward" key). 

Why not just press only the "Sprint" key !! cause sprinting is awlays forward.

And then we will be able to adjust speed control by pressing "forward key".

To be clear: "Sprint" key alone = normal sprint

"Sprint" key + "Forward" key = Intense Sprint  wich will obviously cost a lot of stamina or maybe a total control of speed by pressing "forward" and                                        "backward" key.

What do you thinks about this ?

On 20/01/2018 at 8:52 PM, selecto said:

... Intense Sprint ...

waahh?! superman sprint? - rofl, i think not.

the Sprint button is a modifier that is applied to Run - so logic dictates that both keys need pressing - it's also more intuative and long established in gaming. i'm sure others would find swapping to the "Sprint" to run as jarring/unintuative, as well. i've no idea why you would actually want this.

using the forward-backward keys to control your sprint speed sounds super clunky.

17 hours ago, selecto said:

When you run you r never down sight so it's not a problem.

but its a problem when you ADS and start sprinting.

bit confused... how fast do you want to run?  

capslock is walking pace

forward key is light jog

shift forward is sprint

when standing still shift to hold breath (effect is difficult if you have just been sprinting)...

if you are looking for a sprint shoot down sights lets hope that never gets into the game ....

15 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

waahh?! superman sprint? - rofl, i think not.

the Sprint button is a modifier that is applied to Run - so logic dictates that both keys need pressing - it's also more intuative and long established in gaming. i'm sure others would find swapping to the "Sprint" to run as jarring/unintuative, as well. i've no idea why you would actually want this.

using the forward-backward keys to control your sprint speed sounds super clunky.

That change nothing for you, you can push both of the 2 keys if you want .

Why pushing 2 key for running when you can use one ? it s idiot. And then you can easily use the freelook.

I m not talking about a superman sprint, i want somethings realistic. A boost sprint but for 5 or 6 meter max. For crossing a street for example. But you must have your stamina at the max level to be able to use it. And for sure it will cost a lot of stamina. So yes it s a boost sprint but you have to learn how to use it.

And when i m talking about run control. i want different run speed like Arma 3 does for example.

41 minutes ago, Jaghammer said:

but its a problem when you ADS and start sprinting.

Why ? if i hold the ADS key and Run key, what will happen ? that change nothing !

3 minutes ago, selecto said:

That change nothing for you, you can push both of the 2 keys if you want .

Why pushing 2 key for running when you can use one ? it s idiot. And then you can easily use the freelook.

I m not talking about a superman sprint, i want somethings realistic. A boost sprint but for 5 or 6 meter max. For crossing a street for example. But you must have your stamina at the max level to be able to use it. And for sure it will cost a lot of stamina. So yes it s a boost sprint but you have to learn how to use it.

And when i m talking about run control. i want different run speed like Arma 3 does for example.

My final point :

I want a total control of the speed for vehicle and infantry.

Why ? for many reasons. For example: a BTR can a cover or a shield for squad crossing an area by adjusting the speed of both infantry and vehicles. That  it guys ! 

I want Squad to be a game reference. it s the details that make things huge.

2 hours ago, selecto said:

I want a total control of the speed for vehicle and infantry.

i can understand that for vehicles, but for infantry you already have that 3 options, its a game at all, not a simulator.

3 hours ago, embecmom said:

capslock is walking pace

forward key is light jog

shift forward is sprint

Edited by Jaghammer