Sign in to follow this  
Smith

Advanced Delegation of Responsibility and Radio Options

Advanced Delegation of Responsibility: Simply put I'd love the ability to take my nine man squad and organize it into two fire teams. This would allow for a whole new array of strategies and tactics to be executed more effectively. While we can make it happen without UI and dedicated mechanics having these elements designed around this concept would make executing it much easier. I'd also like to suggest that the Squad Leader be able to hand off the base building controls to any one designee within the Squad. The idea being that as an SL I may need to focus my attention on more immediate concerns but I also need to get a FOB built. While I'm focused on communication, coordination and directing the Squad I can have whomever I've designated work on constructing the FOB. One of the key functions of a leader is being able to delegate responsibility in a responsible and effective manner, currently I feel as SL my focus is being pulled in too many directions. 

Advanced Radio Options: In Arma 3 there is a Radio/Comms mod called Task Force Radio, one of the extremely convenient features it offers is the ability to have your radio, or radios play in the right ear, left ear, or both (Stereo). This is very useful for when you are leading a squad and have a command channel and a squad channel. It's easier to parse what people are saying and decide which channel to focus on when you have, say, the command channel in your right ear, and the squad channel in your left. If my squad is relaying information among themselves during a fire fight and I need to coordinate with another squad, as any SL can tell you, it becomes a spaghetti salad of voices making effective communication very difficult. It has been my experience that being able to choose which ears my various radios are playing in is extremely helpful.

Thanks!

We never got into TFR, but we used ACRE in Arma 3 and we set it up the same way. Left ear = Squad comms, right ear = command comms.

It takes about 2 minutes of getting used to but after that you really can't go back. Being able to instantly know, without knowing the voice or having to glance around the screen for an icon, whether or not a message is at the command- or squad-level is impossible to live without.

I don't want Squad to devolve into TFR or ACRE-territory, where every match spends 5 minutes at the beginning getting everyone on their own custom frequency, or even add more un-needed keybinds to the game, but an option in the game settings for 'Stereo Command Radio' would be great.

do a search.. fire teams... there is a whole page of threads on it.

Edited by embecmom