FeatherSton3

Hey Squad Leads! I made a guide on the Steam Workshop. Tell me what you think?

Good Stuff. It's always good to provide some resources for those newer players. A bit more concise and easier to read though. Gotta be able to easily understand and have quick strong points to easily remember and apply to the big picture. 

It's nice having another guide up. There are a lot of good tips in there. 

I challenge you on kicking people without mics. I don't kick people without mics, only those who don't work with the squad. I may have a full squad of people with mics, but that doesn't mean they will be responsive or communicating a lot. 

Many a time, has a voiceless squad mate proved a much better team asset than someone with a mic. I think they feel guilty not having one and usually go out of their way to help out however they can.

You are a bit on the pessimistic side saying if other squads aren't communicating with you, you're going to lose. I've been in games with communicating squads and we didn't win. The plan is to be able to adapt to this and see how your squad can have the biggest impact on the game.

Good emphasis on the importance of your squad mates and listening to them. They're not just drones and are people too.

"playing as non-conventional forces (Russia, US) do as many logi runs in the early part of the game as possible. The longer the game goes on, the more IEDS and mines the enemy will have layed down." 

You mean playing as conventional forces against non-conventional (Militia and Insurgents).

Edited by Cavazos

On 1/20/2018 at 1:20 PM, Cavazos said:

It's nice having another guide up. There are a lot of good tips in there. 

I challenge you on kicking people without mics. I don't kick people without mics, only those who don't work with the squad. I may have a full squad of people with mics, but that doesn't mean they will be responsive or communicating a lot. 

I just don't have time to keep checking screen when I usually squad lead other SL's as well. Just me personally. They take too long to type sometimes during engagments. But, depending on my role (Assaulting, Logi runs, etc) I will make exceptions.

Many a time, has a voiceless squad mate proved a much better team asset than someone with a mic. I think they feel guilty not having one and usually go out of their way to help out however they can.

You are a bit on the pessimistic side saying if other squads aren't communicating with you, you're going to lose. I've been in games with communicating squads and we didn't win. The plan is to be able to adapt to this and see how your squad can have the biggest impact on the game.

Correct. Just because you communicate well doesn't mean you are guaranteed to win. However, it makes it easier on the Sl's and the whole team. I've rarely won when Sl's weren't communicating.

Good emphasis on the importance of your squad mates and listening to them. They're not just drones and are people too.

"playing as non-conventional forces (Russia, US) do as many logi runs in the early part of the game as possible. The longer the game goes on, the more IEDS and mines the enemy will have layed down." 

You mean playing as conventional forces against non-conventional (Militia and Insurgents).

Fixed that. Thanks.

Good and fast instructions. I miss the part where you say:

"Check the map as many times as possible to see what the team is doing, if they do not tell you, and get a good sense of what's going on in your path."

something like this, i'm sure you can pack it in more beautiful than me

For a second I thought it was a Steam Workshop mod that people can install and go through learning practice not just theory...anyway good job nonetheless.

1 hour ago, CptDirty said:

For a second I thought it was a Steam Workshop mod that people can install and go through learning practice not just theory...anyway good job nonetheless.

Welp, I have no modding/SDK experience, but if that could be a thing, that would be cool! Maybe Squad Ops will do it.

On 1/19/2018 at 3:58 PM, FeatherSton3 said:

Tips, pointers? What are some things you do differently/similarly? 

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1196238313

EARLY GAME

- "This is also the part where (mostly) you will find out really quick how useful your other squad leads are. They aren't communicating anymore? They didn't go to the position they said they were going to? You are probably going to lose."

When it comes to dealing with other Squad leaders, this is the truest statement I've ever seen in my life.