Sign in to follow this  
Annoying Rooster

Deployment

Hey ya'll, I'm aware there's quite a bit of veterans/active duty personnel or reservists, etc. Currently entering my two year mark in the USAF and I've been tasked to my first deployment in Kuwait. Figure I'd ask those who I'm following in the same footsteps what sort of creature comforts should I bring with me when deploying? I heard socks are a major thing and of course my Laptop. Is there anything, excluding mobility/processing stuff, that I should consider bringing that might not be available in Kuwait? Thanks!

Kuwait? I've spent a total of maybe a week there in transit tops throughout my past 3 deployments. Depending where you'll be, you'll have a PX available that's normally WELL stocked. Its Kuwait you'll have everything you need there just about. But then again, I'm Army, don't need a whole lot to be happy ;)

On 1/27/2018 at 7:47 PM, DesmoLocke said:

An empty portable hard drive. You'll find out why.

^ *giggles*

Kuwait isn't too bad at all mate. I'd say bring some extra zip locks to keep things scorpion free and dust free. Otherwise just make sure you have a solid hygiene kit and bring the portable electronics you so desire. Super simple deployment, so don't sweat it, like seriously. I personally brought some books along as I'm a big reader so when I wasn't in the field I was enjoying myself some sweet pages.