Lightly_Salted

How is the optimisation in v10?

@Lightly_Salted

My first steps on Squad was on around v9 with the same setup. There was only ~40fps even on the test Range with High Settings, no Anti Aliasing on 1920*1080.

Now with the v10 I have stable ~90fps, on some situations 120fps (Is there a Limit by Squad?)

Both time counted by Nvidia Shadowplay. Between v9 and v10 I have completly reinstalled Squad (Fresh download), Drivers as usual up2date.

At the moment Squad runs much more stable than Battlefield 1.

Setup:

8gb RAM, Windows 10 64bit

Samsung EVO 850 500GB

Gigabyte UD3H Z97X

EVGA Nvidia Geforce 980 Superclocked Edition

Intel Xeon E3-1241 v3 @ 3.50GHz

I get pretty decent FPS on Squad at the moment, however, I'm running many things quite low. I believe my GPU is bottlenecking my CPU as it's the one thing I have left to upgrade in my PC, which will hopefully be happening at the end of this month.

I've had my Radeon R9 290x 4gb for a while now, and I hope to be upgrading to a GTX 1070 Ti, which will bump performance in every game I play, not just Squad. I'm looking forward to it, that's for sure.

Does not anyone know if there is any V10 tweaking guide? I have everything in low detail, I would like to try superlow detail. :) I do not care that it will look ugly, I want to have more FPS.

On 07/02/2018 at 6:47 AM, Flavin913 said:

i7-2600k

16gb ram

1080 ti

2k resoultion

average 50 FPS, seems so unreal, could be something with my PC though virus wise...?

Processor is the bottleneck for sure.
Do you overclock? If not, give that a try as an overclocked 4790k was giving ~90FPS with a 1080ti.

Hard drive (SSD) performance is also very important to keep stutterinig on texture loads to a minimum.