Lightly_Salted

How is the optimisation in v10?

I didn't get a chance to play v10 myself (Unfortunately), so to all those who have played it, what is the optimisation like FPS wise? Does it run smoother, faster than v9?

I can't wait to actually play v10, and i'm hoping FPS wont be worse so I can keep running it at decent graphics settings, because the game looks amazing, I don't want to have to drop them.

Thanks

Ran a little better for me as far as raw fps goes, but imho the biggest difference is that the animations and animation transitions are smoother.

Edited by Peerun

Hard to explain, just felt better and some how the graphics seemed better as well. Could just be a byproduct of smoother animations. Looking forward to the v10 release. Feels like a different game. 

Nothing has changed for me. But with high end pc. 85-95 fps average at 3440x1440 in v9 and same in v10

There were some tweaks here and there, but the focus of the test wasn't necessarily optimization either... we have some work to do there yet. =)

That said, wouldn't be surprised if most people saw about the same, or 10ish fps increase going on general feedback. Things are a little hard to gauge anecdotally right now, though, with Meltdown/Spectre being an issue.

Ah, thanks for the feedback guys, at least I know that I wont face any drastic decreases to my FPS so I can continue to play after v10 has been released!

I can't say I really saw a discernable FPS increase, but it seemed to run smoother, primarily the animations and for me anyway, the weapon handling felt better, a little easier to line up on target in a hurry. 

Our whole clan (H.9) went through the V10 testing-days. Some things where amazing, some things left some questionmarks.

The gameplay will definately slow down a bit for removal of some instant actions (entering/leaving vehicals eg. etc.).

All of us experienced a little bit of improvement related to graphic-quality and performance.

a couple of us even decided to stop playing v9 untill v10 will be released (was it now begin of feb?)

Movements are smoother and tactics will be more important. The only "smell" it could have that there will be much more "camping". We experienced that already in the last phase of the v10 testing-days.

Defending can only be done by camping I think. And if the players tend to defend more than before, it should help the rounds to last longer, and that's what we want.

If you're afraid noone ever attacks, be sure the average player will refuse to sit and defend a flag for more than one hour, because it's simply too boring. Therefore, the attacks will always happen.

Good thing there is a whole base-building mechanic to make even camping a teamwork oriented playstyle.

55 minutes ago, KaB said:

Defending can only be done by camping I think. And if the players tend to defend more than before, it should help the rounds to last longer, and that's what we want.

If you're afraid noone ever attacks, be sure the average player will refuse to sit and defend a flag for more than one hour, because it's simply too boring. Therefore, the attacks will always happen.

+1

Tested it on the range but not in multiplayer...didn't see a difference in performance 

I did play it for the time it was on public test it was sooo good i was so disapointed when it was time to get the old version back.

The sounds,vaulting,smoothness of using the weapons,new weapons, the time to hit the dirt not just drop it was great you would have loved it

The fps tend to be a bit higher for me, except on beleya. There the fps are almost doubled for me. Seem like that map is ten times better than any other? or is that not how it works? xD

i7-2600k

16gb ram

1080 ti

2k resoultion

average 50 FPS, seems so unreal, could be something with my PC though virus wise...?

A slight FPS increase for me on pretty much most maps. Pretty much an extra ~10-20. Except on Narva, which is understandable since it became twice the size.

6 hours ago, Flavin913 said:

i7-2600k

16gb ram

1080 ti

2k resoultion

average 50 FPS, seems so unreal, could be something with my PC though virus wise...?

If you want to make sure everything is running as intented benchmark your system.

No noticeable improvement and the visual fidelity is still terrible, much worse than any other game I've played.

I had a bad hit on performance, it's now close to pre-optimized v9, maybe even a little worse.

And I have to agree with banOkay, the game still looks bad.

2 hours ago, banOkay said:

No noticeable improvement and the visual fidelity is still terrible, much worse than any other game I've played.

A drop of 20-30 fps depending on situation. And feels more laggy/cumbersome/turgid control-wise.
The sights on the AK are a good example, and no matter how I fiddle about with the AA it's either blurry or most of the time very grainy and pixelated. TXAA remedies this the best, but the blurriness you get from that is enough to negate the pro's.

9 hours ago, Vegetal said:

I had a bad hit on performance, it's now close to pre-optimized v9, maybe even a little worse.

Same here, with V10 I have at least 20% less fps in high player activity situations regardless of graphic settings/GPU usage.

In V9 it never dropped below 60fps with OCed i7 2600k and GTX1070 even in crowded/large fights, now I get constant drops to 45fps.

Are devs aware of this? Or this related to a change in how players spread across the map now?

There are plenty of similar reports in reddit squad channel reporting FPS loss with V10.

e.g.

Edited by unknwn

So weird. I've been dropping frames regularly before V10. From 70 to 30 and everywhere inbetween. Now I am not noticing anything except the occassional stutter when someone joins or leaves the server. Have you guys cleared your appdata after the update? There's a button for it in the game settings menu.
By the way, I'm [email protected] and 960, so unless you haven't cleared your cache, try rolling back your drivers to older versions.