Sign in to follow this  
Cavazos

Did TrackIR work with the V10 testing?

I've never had TrackIR and want to get it in preparation of V10. During the V10 test though, I didn't notice anyone mentioning the free look or using TrackIR. For anyone who knows, was it working fine?

I don't believe TrackIR support is available "yet", which is why you haven't seen it in any of the v10 testing. However, I know they have the TrackIR SDK in house, since they started working on new animations and freelook a while back. Hopefully, we'll see it with the update, if not soon after. I have TrackIR and have used in Arma and Simracing games. It would be cool if it comes to Squad for those that want/use it.

*See Squad and Trackir tweet below. 

BF2 didn't have TrackIR support either but some got it working. They had to use other programs though, and the free look mode didn't let you do anything else. I was hoping that since I saw one guy in a V10 video using free look and shooting at the same time, we'd be able to use it.

Freelook is active in V10, all you have to do is hold the ALT key and move mouse in preferred look direction (like in Arma). Freelook is always a prerequisite (the function itself), before you can have the TrackIR hardware. TrackIR is not a requirement for freelook, it is a value-add/luxury in addition to the feature. I hope that makes sense. 

I would suspect that the TrackIR hardware support is coming later down the road, if they get it to work with their systems (as mentioned in the tweet). For now it's good enough. TrackIR is a luxury to the function, not a requirement. 

Just use a key stroke emulator till its officially supported. Slightly tit head forward assigned to free look activate then assign look movement accordingly. A member on here uses racing pedals for lean left / lean right using an emulator !

On 1/13/2018 at 3:37 AM, xfxinfinity said:

Just use a key stroke emulator till its officially supported. Slightly tit head forward assigned to free look activate then assign look movement accordingly. A member on here uses racing pedals for lean left / lean right using an emulator !

Yeah, I use pedals for lean utilizing the software that comes with them.

I would expect you could get TrackIR to work one way or another, but maybe not as seamlessly as if it's supported. Which I hope it is. Freelook wasn't useful in the V10 test because the sensitivity is tied to the single master sensitivity just like your avatar movement/ADS. As such, if you have your sensitivity set low like I do, you had veeery slow pan to look 90 degrees to your side, not just a quick glance like you can in ARMA. Once the devs set up separate sensitivities, it'll be fine.