Sebastian Højgaard

Core i5 8400 vs. Ryzen 5 1600 Overclocked

Your CPU will be the biggest effect on squad. Can you not get bit more budget for your CPU. 

22 minutes ago, Sebastian Højgaard said:

Hi Guys which CPU should i pick for my new gamer (i would mainly play squad, post scriptum and HLL)

Core i5 8400 or Ryzen 5 1600 Overclocked? 

At the moment I would say the I5 8400, it has a high boost clock and is a wonderful gaming CPU for the price. If you want to have a more all around gaming/ video rendering / productive system I would go for the AMD CPU.

Remember that you cant overclock the non K intel CPUs and that you have to use an expensive 370 mainboard currently, the cheaper/lower end mainboards should hit soon though and are mostly always enough if you dont overclock and dont want to use all the "premium" features of the 370 boards.

If you have any further questions you can send me a PM if you want :)

What's your system budget and what you thinking of getting. 

Thanks again!
- Currently i have no budget, i just don't want to ovebuy my (computer guy) told me that i should go for AMD so that's what i'm looking for right now. 

6 minutes ago, Smee said:

What's your system budget and what you thinking of getting. 

GTX 1080 Ti EVGA FTW3 
16 GB RAM 
CPU? 

Thats a cracking card. wondering if the i5 might hold it back.  You have to remember what ever your buy is out of date and your be lucky to get your money back if you sell it. (excluding gfx at min) you should hoping to get 3years from a PC.;  AMD are great for multi cpu at present. Intel will give you better performance with squad.  A top i7 you could get between 4ghz - 5ghz which would rock. 

Try getting a bundle that will work , mobo, cpu, ram.  Generally a CPU tends not to get upgraded, most of the time its the graphic card that updated.  Put an SSD in that build so your machine will rock. 

I think your going to see a big change in the next two year with 5ddr and HBR ram which wont be able to used with the present systems, so dont be surprised if your out of date quicker than you think. You be able to play games but not update without a full system change. You pays your money takes a chance. 

Listen to koschilein and make sure its a K

Once again thanks! 
here is my basket:

Sea Sonic FOCUS Plus 750 Gold

ASRock Z370 Extreme4

Corsair Vengeance LPX - DDR4 - 16 GB: 2 x 8 GB - DIMM 288-PIN - 3000 MHz / PC4-24000 - CL15 - 1.35 V

Intel Core i7 8700K

Dell S2716DG

Samsung 960 EVO MZ-V6E500BW - Solid state drive - krypteret - 500 GB

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING

2 hours ago, Smee said:

Thats a cracking card. wondering if the i5 might hold it back.  You have to remember what ever your buy is out of date and your be lucky to get your money back if you sell it. (excluding gfx at min) you should hoping to get 3years from a PC.;  AMD are great for multi cpu at present. Intel will give you better performance with squad.  A top i7 you could get between 4ghz - 5ghz which would rock. 

Try getting a bundle that will work , mobo, cpu, ram.  Generally a CPU tends not to get upgraded, most of the time its the graphic card that updated.  Put an SSD in that build so your machine will rock. 

I think your going to see a big change in the next two year with 5ddr and HBR ram which wont be able to used with the present systems, so dont be surprised if your out of date quicker than you think. You be able to play games but not update without a full system change. You pays your money takes a chance. 

Listen to koschilein and make sure its a K

2 hours ago, koschilein said:

If you only want to game I would go for an I5 8600K with a good Z370 Board.

https://www.g2play.net/category/19429/windows-10-professional-oem-key/

windows 10 oem  cheap. and add a HD for a data drive for movies, or a like doesnt need to be over the top.  Not a fan of DELL but many people love them. 

If you get that setup you should be good for the next 3years. (caveat emptor) It will be a beast as Kos says. :)

8 minutes ago, Smee said:

https://www.g2play.net/category/19429/windows-10-professional-oem-key/

windows 10 oem  cheap. and add a HD for a data drive for movies, or a like doesnt need to be over the top.  Not a fan of DELL but many people love them. 

If you get that setup you should be good for the next 3years. (caveat emptor) It will be a beast as Kos says. :)

Which Monitor would you recommend? and im not sure that i need the HD drive for movies - i guess u  mean a ''diskreader'' 

A hard drive can be  used for extra steam games, or ones not used very often. to stop you cluttering your SSD.

Personal I have 2 m.2 .  one is system, one is for games. With a SSD just for other stuff.  Montiors just do some comparing at moment I have a 34" LG ultrawide. (3440 x1440)  But there's a big selection keep an eye on refresh rate/ ms, hertz  Find one that has native resolution you want to game in.  1920x1080 etc. I would go for at least  2560 x 1440 but its a personal thing/taste.

Oh measure the area its going to sit in :)

Edited by Smee