tatzhit

Games ruined by cheaters: 0, games ruined by anticheat: many

Subj, pretty much. Does anyone else think that the cure is worse than the disease?

I suppose the lack of cheaters in Squad could be related to exceptional effectiveness of the anticheat service, but it simply seems to me that this game isn't appealing to the childish types that resort to cheating. Ergo, the anti-cheat is being overzealous.

Or maybe I'm just part of an unlucky minority that has anti-cheat constantly acting up? I see a lot of bug reports on the subject, but I dunno what part of the community is affected by the problem. Do most players have this problem, or no?

Nope, never.
It usually just shuts off with "unable to authenticate" or some such. Once or twice it went crazy because I had the wrong date set. Etc.

Restarting Steam usually solves that.
Make sure you aren't starting the game through Squad.exe

Edited by Peerun

I'm starting thru steam. And usually just joining another server solves it, without restarting Steam or Squad. It's just weird and annoying that various bugs with anticheat keep popping up.

"Ruined"?...

That sounds a little dramatic. The whole EAC thing is a nagging problem first entering a server that occurs quite often with us but you simply restart and can always join the same exact server with no problems.

That said, I suppose dealing with all of EAC's false positives is better than the alternative which I've seen numerous examples of on YouTube and according to the devs is a daily ongoing battle with these creeps.

Hehe, I suspect it's hard to compare the outcomes when EAC is working to keep those cheaters out of the game effectively, but we hear you, and I wanted to assure you we keep an open, active dialogue with the EAC folks to make sure any issues that crop up get addressed as quickly as possible. In the cases that we run into something like this, they're super responsive, collect as much data as possible, and go back to their engineer's drawing board to come up with a solution.

On a personal level, they impress me with their responsiveness and willingness to investigate, for realsies.

Cheating is cancer on a game ... I'd rather have a tight, sometimes-cumbersome system than allowing cheaters to slip through.

11 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Hehe, I suspect it's hard to compare the outcomes when EAC is working to keep those cheaters out of the game effectively, but we hear you, and I wanted to assure you we keep an open, active dialogue with the EAC folks to make sure any issues that crop up get addressed as quickly as possible. In the cases that we run into something like this, they're super responsive, collect as much data as possible, and go back to their engineer's drawing board to come up with a solution.

On a personal level, they impress me with their responsiveness and willingness to investigate, for realsies.

Good to hear. Hopefully this means the bugs will eventually go away for good. And thank you for the info!

Edited by tatzhit

Beeing around on online games for around 20 years (from 1st Day of Deltaforce) now it is a known fact for me that is impossible to get rid of cheaters for 100%. Even with a fair anti-hack program.

Never the less having a vast experience with FPS and other online-games you can pick out cheaters just by watching their ingame-behaviour.

Pre-shooting, following enemy-movement through walls, giving one headshot after another on multiple targets in 360 degree radius  etc.etc.

Good to hear that EAC is so responsive but i realy tell you I still see many "suspects" on the Servers with no vac-ban reports. 

A good, stand allone and updating ac- Client is definately needed in every single game of this kind!

Every cheater is one too much!

Edited by A.Hofer

Wait, are you in favor of loosening the anti cheat system in favor of having more players able to log in with less EAC errors? 

No.

I only had EAC issues once and it got fixed by verifying game file integrity. Never had to re install the game or anything else. I'm sure the EAC errors are only a small percentage of players. Perhaps someone can make a poll and find out the quick maf statastacs

hqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEXCPYBEIoBSFryq4

On 1/13/2018 at 2:07 AM, Caelib said:

Cheating is cancer on a game ... I'd rather have a tight, sometimes-cumbersome system than allowing cheaters to slip through.

You are sooo right buddy so right.