Bonnie Money

Marker restriction is absurd

If I need to put markers I switch quickly as a new SL to put them, then go back in my squad, but it takes times and it gets messy in the squad.

Why just not let 1 or 2 markers available for each squad members ?

Why not just tell your squad leader what to mark... and have them mark it for you...? Like it's supposed to be. 

Ya know... communication... teamwork, all that jazz?

Edited by Psyrus

Yeah I don't get that. Usually between the coordinates, and the geographical marks already on the map, plus whatever the SL puts down from my directions they can usually get it close enough that it's relevant. Marks do not need to be exact down to the meter. If you're constantly having issues getting a SL to put relevant marks on the map, my first thought is one of two things.

1) you're constantly giving piss poor directions to the point that the SL can't figure out what you're saying or where you want the mark.

2) that the information you're giving him isn't relevant enough to bother with. I had a squad mate constantly bitch at me once about "there's enemies in the compound to our east". Yeah, no shit. There's a FOB/HAB 2 compounds over, and we're on the defend flag. Of course they're going to be coming between there and here.... no need to mark the shit out of the map with the obvious. The same applies to insurgent/militia techies. Yes they can do some damage, but it's next to pointless to mark the map with one, because he'll be half way across it in 30 seconds and nowhere near the mark. BRDM/BTR/Striker/MRAP, a little different. But a techie? meh, w/e.

Edited by Ti0mat

I sometimes play SL, but everytime I play SL I have to manage many things* and you don't have the time to find the E 7-8-1 square or even near.

And if the squad is cut in half, the small half should be able to act autonomus.

*such as thinking while talking to squad, talking in local, talking to others squad leaders, while driving, while putting markers all the time on the map, plus watching around and be alert for ennemies. 

Markers placed on the map are visible to all team members, not just your squad.  Personally, I like the current system because it encourages chain-of-command communication of enemy positions and keeps a lot of nonsense off the map.  With 30+ people having access to the map, it would be littered with the position of every enemy seen.

On 13/01/2018 at 1:04 AM, Caelib said:

Markers placed on the map are visible to all team members, not just your squad.  Personally, I like the current system because it encourages chain-of-command communication of enemy positions and keeps a lot of nonsense off the map.  With 30+ people having access to the map, it would be littered with the position of every enemy seen.

+1

I was thinking however, that the scout class should be able to place one generic "scout" marker on the map which is limited to one at a time, which the squad leader can look at and then swap out for the more accurate, specific one. Still requires communication but also adds greater depth to the scout role.