bravo2zero

Ability to hold spawns at your rally point

@Kerri @maze2 That is the intended way of playing, which we all know wouldn't be the ACTUAL in-game use as Maze2 so eloquently referenced with the Ammo Fob exploit. What I mean by that is if such mechanic is implemented where RP's would be nerfed then players will find a way to unleash their full potential AKA exploit...

Right away I can see myself and my marksman sitting in the back as sniper/spotter and RP crew at the same time....I kinda like this idea tbh lol ....

4 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

@Kerri @maze2 That is the intended way of playing, which we all know wouldn't be the ACTUAL in-game use as Maze2 so eloquently referenced with the Ammo Fob exploit. What I mean by that is if such mechanic is implemented where RP's would be nerfed then players will find a way to unleash their full potential AKA exploit...

Right away I can see myself and my marksman sitting in the back as sniper/spotter and RP crew at the same time....I kinda like this idea tbh lol ....

What about if the rally point is a one-use item? Cannot be placed again until you either die or re-arm. (Ofcourse, in order to do this you'd need to fix the FOB/Ammo crate exploit I outlined in the last post).

2 minutes ago, Kerri said:

What about if the rally point is a one-use item? Cannot be placed again until you either die or re-arm. (Ofcourse, in order to do this you'd need to fix the FOB/Ammo crate exploit I outlined in the last post).

Personally I think either of these options (ie Rallypoint expires, or Rallypoint needs to be re-armed each time) would be a massive improvement over their current implementation.

However, the Spawn system should be looked at as a whole, as changing RP's will have an affect on the way FOB's are used.

4 minutes ago, Kerri said:

nono stick to your original idea, I kinda like it better :P 

The solution is taking a step backwards and realizing new players in your midst. We all like this game enough to want to continue playing it and help grow and get it out of Alpha. One of the things we must do as "Veterans" and "Experienced" Squad players is teach. 

Communicating never works with public random players. People you don't play with are too distracted and are too busy spawning as soon as possible so they can die as soon as possible, and repeat the process (while blabbering useless nonsense all that time).

Life of a SL is difficult in that regard, alot. Even though it shouldn't be. Because it all happens and starts from squad leaders - every movement, every firefight, every decision. The game mechanics should make SL life as easy as possible.

wow,  didn't expect this topic to stir up such a discussion. I think several ideas are worth trying. The only thing that worries me is that nerfing the RPs will probably have a negative impact on public games, as noone would do constant transport runs.

22 minutes ago, bravo2zero said:

wow,  didn't expect this topic to stir up such a discussion. I think several ideas are worth trying. The only thing that worries me is that nerfing the RPs will probably have a negative impact on public games, as noone would do constant transport runs.

+1 yep

1 hour ago, bravo2zero said:

How often do you see no one in the squad willing to do endless logi runs? I haven't. I see it get passed around, one guy does three and then someone else takes it up. If you implemented a system that once you drop off a vehicle at main you can respawn elsewhere without penalty, you'd see it happen. Do a one or two trans runs, then rejoin your squad, no need to do it endlessly unless you wanted to.

no one would do constant transport runs.

Maybe its a different playerbase, but this was not as much an issue in PR

Making a rally not into spawning point but a point where you can regroup your men would be nice. Then all the guys who take their life for granted will try to stay alive for longer and add a purpose to the game.

For as long as there are fast spawns, this will encourage run and gun gameplay, where people don't put any value on for example Logistical runs.

5 hours ago, bravo2zero said:

I never played much PR, but there was never a time when I joined a fully populated server and there wasn't a squad doing transport (although if I recall correctly, PR maxed out at 64vs64 so there were more players to play with, to be fair).

However, in saying that, just yesterday I had my first experience as a somewhat of a dedicated transport driver, and it felt very rewarding to do. I was driving a APC (can't recall if stryker or BTR), did a little bit of harassing enemy logi runs, mixed in with covering a long stretch of road which I could prevent the enemy from either moving down or crossing. After that, my squad leader gave orders to relocate his squad, then ex filtrate a friendly squad that was pinned down at a capture point that was no longer cappable (but still contested). Racing in, they had just the second I arrived finished digging up their radio, picking them up (first time I've ever seen a squad jump into a vehicle without taking 30 seconds to do so) and racing out, leaving 2 enemy squads sitting 5 minutes behind the front line and freeing up a squad of our own to maneuvre with.

Sure, the friendlies could have just waited out the firefight and then respawned somewhere else and we'd only be a handful of tickets worse off, but it sure felt worth it.

If rally points are nerfed, I think naturally transport will be seen as a much important role in a match and you'll see people levitate towards it. Right now it's kind of pointless with how hard it is to wind up without a spawn and needing to spawn at base, as such 98% of the time there's no transport squad, and transport vehicles are just left haphazardly about the map.

I've only played for 40 hours, but I agree with your assessment Kerri, rarely is a transport Squad of value in current v9 gameplay. since the bulk of the time squads will be "Fighting on the objective" since they have placed RP or FOB within striking distance or defensive posture.

Which is unfortunate because, like you described, some of the more engaging and immersive experiences of PR come from those moments where you survive a firefight and then move on to another objective thru use of a transport squad.

The other thing is if multiple squads get wiped out and require Transport, there is a good chance the round will have already been decided due to ticket bleed/steamroll effect.

22 hours ago, bravo2zero said:

Ohh i have a couple of them in my clan, doing constant logi-runs! Even Support other squads with their FOB`s