Indeed, AP round just cut straight through the armor and the vehicle. HEAT etc may go through armor and get the whole crew inside.

Edited by TopeH

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:15 PM, LugNut said:

Go to the range and I'll give you a dollar for every vehicle you can hit after sprinting then popping around a corner at 400m. I play LAT a lot in game and it's rare that you'll even want to take the chance on a 200m shot. I'd venture that most AT hits are well under 100m. Distances in game are far shorter than they appear. I'm happy with the rocket mechanics ATM, I hope when we see more localized damage in game, we'll see vehicles react more realistically when hit, not just two shots and *BOOM*. Damaged drivetrain, or weapons, or localized armor damage. 

no you're right 400 meters is too much i have to correct that. but even in reality firing at about 200 meters takes a considerable amount of time. you will miss alot of shots just barely from my experience but what i would like to see is a breathing mechanism just like the snipers because in real life you also have to do the same with a rocket launcher as with a sniper rifle. that way popping around corners a split second while you're aiming down iron sights and standing will be eliminated because that is just pretty hard. even at only a few hundred meters. the damage is nothing you hear me complaining about that is some other issue

3 hours ago, TzeAzzazino said:

no you're right 400 meters is too much i have to correct that. but even in reality firing at about 200 meters takes a considerable amount of time. you will miss alot of shots just barely from my experience but what i would like to see is a breathing mechanism just like the snipers because in real life you also have to do the same with a rocket launcher as with a sniper rifle. that way popping around corners a split second while you're aiming down iron sights and standing will be eliminated because that is just pretty hard. even at only a few hundred meters. the damage is nothing you hear me complaining about that is some other issue

You still can't see the target when shooting at 200+ m. It's literally covered by your gunsight. And you will very much have weapon sway after running. And your chances of actually hitting even a static target are not great, unless you can zero in with ranging shots and/or perfectly estimate distance.

In short, AT weapons in Squad are less effective than IRL because even RPG-7 is supposed to easily hit stationary vehicles out to 200m+ (and this reduced capability is OK, because vehicle crews in Squad tend to be much more reckless than IRL).

Edited by tatzhit

On 1/8/2018 at 9:31 AM, TzeAzzazino said:

I personally think that the anti tank weapons currently are way too overpowered seeing how fast you can get killed if you are in a vehicle. anti tank weapons are heavy and are not easy to keep still for a longer period of time. I personally would like to see improvement on it, perhaps adding more weapon sway which you can stabilize briefly (like a ''really'' heavy sniper rifle), or giving missiles the chance to bounce off would solve this problem

If anything, they're not powerful enough. 4 hits to kill a Striker? 3 for a BTR? Don't be an idiot with them, and you can last the entire game. Played a round on Chora2 last week as the striker (soloing it). Took out 3 BTRs and 3 30mm BTRs as well as a ton of infantry... never died once. It's all about positioning and how aggressive you are in the vehicle. Having help goes a long way, but most of it's on you and what you do and do not do.

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:55 PM, tatzhit said:

. The vehicle crews in Squad tend to be unrealistically incompetent too. When used properly (sniping from 200m out in a hull-down position, with friendlies providing overwatch), a vehicle in virtually invincible. Unfortunately, most vehicle crews simply YOLO them into the midst of enemy lines, then cry about AT being overpowered.

This 

what you see is 90% of the time a vehicle rushing into close contact and I mean within 150 - 200 metres with enemy, fully in the open or along a street with no infantry cover at all.

its range is your friend... 

On 1/8/2018 at 8:02 PM, tatzhit said:

Wait, who the heck does AT hits at 400m? I've been playing for a long time and I don't think I've EVER seen anyone hit at that range. Heck, on many maps, that's beyond render distance. Can you even aim that high? The vehicle would probably be below your view at that point. I'm thinking you're vastly exaggerating. Realistically, shooting beyond 100m with AT is very hit and miss in Squad, even for competent users

I had a 600m moving vehicle hit and kill. I was in one of the tallest type building in Al Basrah near outskirts, the HMMW (back then not MRAP) was in Village beside a building, that is how I measured the distance. I often hit static targets at  300m. Just practice few hours in the shooting range and you will be able to do it too. Moving vehicles are tricky though, that is just mostly luck.

14 minutes ago, kisbiflos said:

I had a 600m moving vehicle hit and kill. I was in one of the tallest type building in Al Basrah near outskirts, the HMMW (back then not MRAP) was in Village beside a building, that is how I measured the distance. I often hit static targets at  300m. Just practice few hours in the shooting range and you will be able to do it too. Moving vehicles are tricky though, that is just mostly luck.

Be honest, how often does this actually happen? Because more than once my AT guys fail to hit a stationary armored 100m (one hundred) away....

Edited by CptDirty

42 minutes ago, kisbiflos said:

Exception that proves the rule, eh?
I've even been killed by mortars in this game - true story!

EDIT: Also, at 600m the target has to be way below your screen. Were you just doing Hail Mary shots because of the infinite ammo in old versions?

Edited by tatzhit

9 hours ago, tatzhit said:

Exception that proves the rule, eh?
I've even been killed by mortars in this game - true story!

EDIT: Also, at 600m the target has to be way below your screen. Were you just doing Hail Mary shots because of the infinite ammo in old versions?

I fired 4 rockets at him while he was camping behind a building in outskirts, 2 missed, resupplied, 2 hit, when I was resupplying he started to fall back, I hit him with one shot then. If you are aiming this far, you first need to find the target while not aiming down the sight. I have always loved launchers of all kinds and tank hunting in many games ranging from Bf3 to Darkest Hour. I also spent literally few hours on the firing range with launchers.

Be honest, how often does this actually happen? Because more than once my AT guys fail to hit a stationary armored 100m (one hundred) away....

As I said, if someone spend 2-4 hours on shooting range, and all he does is shooting rockets at 300-400m targets he will be able to do it. 

Edited by kisbiflos

9 hours ago, CptDirty said:

Be honest, how often does this actually happen? Because more than once my AT guys fail to hit a stationary armored 100m (one hundred) away...

You didn't have to call me out cap! My feeling is hurt... :(

Lolz

5 hours ago, samwiseOrigin said:

You didn't have to call me out cap! My feeling is hurt... :(

Lolz

lol you were AT in my squad? Bah I didn't see anything 

crushed.gif

10 hours ago, CptDirty said:

lol you were AT in my squad? Bah I didn't see anything 

crushed.gif

Ah just doing my walk of shame to the ammo box.... Been done that one too many times while i was in your squad..haha

AT feels very underpowered. A vehicle crew has to be cognitively impaired to manage to get hit by 4 (FOUR) rounds, which is what it takes to destroy the various IFVs.

In order for a IFV to be killed, supposing it's against a squad of infantry (ignoring HAT);

- Enemy squad needs to be stacking double LAT

- Needs to be close enough to hit with the poor range and lack of sight adjustments

- Needs to have not been seen by the target vehicle, which has OHK weaponry and zoom functionality

- Needs to have not been seen by the target vehicle's dismounted infantry, which only needs to take out a single LAT to render the squad ineffective against the vehicle threat

- Needs to have a 100% hit rate with all 4 rounds of AT ammunition

- Needs to fire all 4 of those rounds without the vehicle's gunner hosing them down (again, just taking out a single LAT before he connects with his second round is enough)

- Needs to fire and hit with the 4th rocket before the vehicle does a 180 and speeds back to main to magically regenerate within 60 seconds, while it has no movement speed impairment due to just taking 3 AT rounds.

Hitting with just 3 does absolutely nothing, will result in your entire squad being wiped, and the vehicle lazily driving back to base and will be back in the fight within a couple of minutes at most. AT needs to be either buffed (double the damage and half the capacity might work), or add some kind of module damage mechanic where a HEAT round to the turret could disable it until it's returned to base, track damage slows it down/immobilises it, hitting the driver compartment kills the driver, etc. 

People just need to realise that IFV/APCs aren't suitable for every location on a map. If you're pushing down the central avenue in Basrah, with enemies swarming all over the high-rises on each side of the road, then it might be best to either leave the Stryker at main base, or have it do some harrying around the outskirts of the map.

usually they are getting hit by 4 rounds because they have got to close and cant reverse or turn around quickly enough, or are not using cover... 

Wow it loos like someone never been a AT in this game.Do you know how hard it is to hit a vehicle with a rocket especially with a tandem rocket the drop of that thing is huge.You wanting the AT to be more sucky just so you can snipe people and be in like a fortress is so funny.You need to realize one important thing not all guys that are AT actually suck some of us are pros.The only thing the developers need to do with the at is to make heavy at as he is the only one in his team get a scope for his RPG.

And trust me its not that hard to hold up the RPG with its rocket in it as you want it to be.

Edited by Bahrein