Suggestion for new prone mechanics in V10

Do you like the suggestion?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the suggestion?

• Yes
    • No

Posted (edited)

Hey guys,

I finally just made an account to post on the forums, though I have over 700 hours in the game and care about it greatly. I am really stoked for V10 since the public beta and love the fact that drop shooting is going the way of the dino. With that said I want to make a suggestion to improve it a little bit;

The suggestion: When you hit "z" to prone and your character initiates the animation, allow the player to hit '"z" again mid animation to drop to the ground even quicker but suffer a massive penalty to accuracy and a 3-5 second time gap to align while ADS after hitting the ground.

The reason for this suggestion: The new animation to go prone is excellent but is way too slow/casual for trying to hit the ground when you suddenly start taking fire.  I fully understand that with all the gear a soldier carries one doesn't simply drop onto his stomach. However if its a matter of life or death you should have the option to hit the dirt faster than the V10 beta animation allowed BUT at an induced penalty that prevents immediate instant return of fire. 

What do you guys think?

Regards,
Luko

Edited by Luko

49 minutes ago, Luko said:

The new animation to go prone is excellent but is way too slow/casual for trying to hit the ground when you suddenly start taking fire.  I fully understand that with all the gear a soldier carries one doesn't simply drop onto his stomach. However if its a matter of life or death you should have the option to hit the dirt faster than the V10 beta animation allowed BUT at an induced penalty that prevents immediate instant return of fire. 

I noticed the same thing. You can't hit the deck as fast as you'd be able to IRL and it makes for some frustrating moments when you just can't drop fast enough. Definetly agree there needs to be some kind of faster prone animation. 

8 hours ago, Luko said:

I fully understand that with all the gear a soldier carries one doesn't simply drop onto his stomach.

Loaded with gear or not... if you're taking fire, you're going to get your belly on the ground a hell of a lot faster then what the mechanics in game (v10) will allow you  to do.

9 hours ago, Ti0mat said:

Loaded with gear or not... if you're taking fire, you're going to get your belly on the ground a hell of a lot faster then what the mechanics in game (v10) will allow you  to do.

That's what I mean. Sure it would hurt, but a lot less than a bullet. And OF COURSE after dropping with all that gear you would sure as hell not be able to immediately shoot back, hence the penalty I was describing.

Posted (edited)

I am worried slightly. If IF this game starts to go towards the dolphin dive aspect, am out. Wont be playing it anymore. Infantry do not dive to the ground with all there kit on, nor do they stand instantly. Its slow and controlled. Please for the love of god dont give in to arcade mechanics. 

Dropping the launcher tubes instantly would be a higher priority for me. 

Edited by ParaPlays

1 hour ago, ParaPlays said:

I am worried slightly. If IF this game starts to go towards the dolphin dive aspect, am out. Wont be playing it anymore. Infantry do not dive to the ground with all there kit on, nor do they stand instantly. Its slow and controlled. Please for the love of god dont give in to arcade mechanics. 

Dropping the launcher tubes instantly would be a higher priority for me. 

Agree. 

Stop want fights faster...change games if u don t wanto play slow and tactical...

V10 animation changes are a much needed step in the right directions. We don't need to regress backwards, adapt or leave, we need Squad to increase and build upon skill-gap. You want to improve your chances of survival? Then improve your skills and/or approach to in-game combat. Most are not looking for a luck driven experience. 

As described in OP... it appears to want to retain some of the v9.17 style as a crutch. No Thanks!

12 hours ago, PROTOCOL said:

V10 animation changes are a much needed step in the right directions. We don't need to regress backwards, adapt or leave, we need Squad to increase and build upon skill-gap. You want to improve your chances of survival? Then improve your skills and/or approach to in-game combat. Most are not looking for a luck driven experience. 

I stand by this entirely.

Good to see a mix of opinions. I stand by mine that the animation speed for prone in the beta was a tad too casual. Hell, I'd be all for it eating off the stamina bar. No one is talking about getting rid of it. Nobody is talking about diving. 

I just had an idea that I thought would increase the movement options. Oh sh*t ....  I shouldn't have said that. They'll think I'll be advocating rolling out of the way next. :S 

Calm down, little one... next time don't add this if you're not looking for a response.

On 1/6/2018 at 10:13 PM, Luko said:

What do you guys think?

It wasn't a personal attack. I just don't agree with the proposed concept vs. what  the DEVS have implemented. It's good that you stand on your opinion, maybe we'll get to see how it aligns with the final animation set.

Spoiler

Sanitary napkins in isle 2. 

Well you should be able to just drop on the ground your face in the dirt with few sec delay to pull up your weapon. If you want to carefully go prone you could just hold down the prone key or something.