Sign in to follow this  
Senescent

The attached grenade launchers should not function as a separate weapon.

Currently equipping an attached grenade launcher works the same as pulling out other weapons and tools. Meaning that I can press 1 to bring out my AK and 2 to use the underbarrel attachment. I understand that this is how it worked in BF2/PR but in my opinion it's unintuitive.

Not only does it feel extremely clunky to lower my AK in order to immediately bring it back out again to use the attachment but it also makes the controls inconsistent. If I'm your average rifleman I can press 1 to equip my primary and 2 to equip my secondary. If I'm a Grenadier 1 is primary, 2 is my underbarrel attachment, and my secondary has been bumped over to 3. Switching to attachments by either cycling through your fire modes or an independent key would feel a lot more natural.

Squad is already a lot more responsive and fluid than PR and I feel like this change would keep the momentum moving in the right direction.

It's been mentioned before in other threads that this is just because there are no animations set up yet for the switch between weapons. This will be done in due time from what I've seen around the forums.

Even though I've seen way too many Hollywood War movies...

Is it realistic to uncock and throw a grenade with one hand, while holding a gun?

Even though I've seen way too many Hollywood War movies...

Is it realistic to uncock and throw a grenade with one hand, while holding a gun?

grenade pin snares on webbing are common, and make this possible, though your basic grunt isn't taught or encouraged to do any of this for obvious reasons (retards who couldn't find a job in the real world)  {harsh but true} 

its not because we want that to be the final implementation. 

I will draw the  "Alpha" card in this discussion

AlphaCard_VISA_Gold.jpg