H4ilToTheKing

Surround Sound?

I'm trying to diagnose sound issues in this game.  Yea yea, "it's alpha" but it seems an issue where there does not seem to be any ACCURATE "reporting" of where sounds are coming from.

I had a match tonight, in a vehicle, had another vehicle shooting at me, and the origin of the sound on my HYPER X headset, wasn't even CLOSE to where I was being shot from.  I have no idea where he was exactly, somewhere around 50 degrees AWAY from where I was looking based on SOUND.

So, lets start the blame game?  Is it the Hyper Cloud X headset, the SoundBlaster Z pci-e card, or your game?

On 1/5/2018 at 9:21 PM, H4ilToTheKing said:

I'm trying to diagnose sound issues in this game.  Yea yea, "it's alpha" but it seems an issue where there does not seem to be any ACCURATE "reporting" of where sounds are coming from.

I had a match tonight, in a vehicle, had another vehicle shooting at me, and the origin of the sound on my HYPER X headset, wasn't even CLOSE to where I was being shot from.  I have no idea where he was exactly, somewhere around 50 degrees AWAY from where I was looking based on SOUND.

So, lets start the blame game?  Is it the Hyper Cloud X headset, the SoundBlaster Z pci-e card, or your game?

Game has 360 degree spatial awareness with my ASUS gear. Must be your settings or hardware.

Yes, I got an ASUS Soar and fixed the issue.

Confirmed by Creative staff SB-z is ONLY 5.1 surround sound capable even with headphones.  Switched to Soar and 100% fixed issue.

Very expensive audio board. I have the same audio problem : a not satisfacroty directional audio with my Logitech G430 with usb board or directly connected to my old Creative audio board, maybe it's UE related. I have to spend 100 euros to hear a decent directional audio ?

Maybe the cheaper Asus Xonar board is good enough ?

14 minutes ago, El Pube said:

Maybe the cheaper Asus Xonar board is good enough ?

My Xonar DG ($30 ish) works flawlessly in squad :) 

There are some known issues with wireless headsets, especially those designed for Xbox. (SuicidalChair in support has had some luck with adapters, but YMMV.)

If you continue to have issues, by all means, drop a line to us via [email protected] It may very well be just a setting issue, but you never know. =)

On 12.1.2018 at 12:34 PM, El Pube said:

I have to spend 100 euros to hear a decent directional audio ?

I'm fine with my 5.1 speedlink Medusa headset(costs 50€) connected to my onboard sound.

I have no problems to find the directions.

But the audio quality is not that good.

For me this enough im not a audio nerd.

Edited by Jaghammer

2 hours ago, Jaghammer said:

I'm fine with my 5.1 speedlink Medusa headset(costs 50€) connected to my onboard sound.

Totally agree. i have the same ones (cost me AU$160+ tho, coz importing) and also use onboard and have never had any H/W issues - it's always the game/program that's the issue, from my POV (also not audio nerd) :)

5 hours ago, Jaghammer said:

I used a set of those for ages and loved em, but when I tested it I found the lack of sound quality (against my open back Sennheiser PC360s) was a show stopper. 

Bottom line, I have better audio quality (by far) and audio direction with half decent stereo headphones. On saying that i'm old and have bad hearing, I found the surround sound to much, the stereo seems simpler to process quickly (in my head).

If only they mde a high end version of the medusa's, I would certainly check them out again.

On 16/01/2018 at 11:28 AM, SHO-SHIN said:

and audio direction with half decent stereo headphones.

i also agree with this. until i picked up BFBC2 i was using a stereo set for all games without issues, with perfectly acceptable positioning (game dependant oc), however BF(3?) and BC3 had really shitty sound for stereo so i had to update to 5.1. the funny thing is though, my stereo set was a $10 jobbie from k-mart.  always used on-board sound too.