Beringtom

Why are role selection made as it is?

2 hours ago, Ti0mat said:

Well right now you do not get that 2nd LAT slot until you have 8 people in the squad... which means in order to have 8 LATs on a team (assuming you're not cheesing the system), you would need roughly 36 players on your team. That's a pretty big difference.

That said, given how many hits some vehicles take, how many vehicles some factions have (map dependent) and the limitations with the LATs (kits/# of rockets), some change here would be a good thing. At the very least the moment that 3rd fire support role opens up (5/6 players?), squads should be able to take that 2nd LAT kit. The fact that you need to wait for 8 players to get it is ridiculous.

According to the math if there are no limitations on roles within a full 40 player team you could potentially get an American team with 13 ACOG squad leaders with either 22 LAT's, 22 SAW Gunners, 22 ACOG Riflemen and/or any combination therein with 7 players left over one of which could be ACOG, LAW or SAW.

Correct me if I'm wrong here.

On 1/5/2018 at 7:13 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

Myself and a small minority feel there shouldn't be any role restrictions based on the fact that organized groups of players have already figured out how to cheese the system by repeatedly joining and quitting squads in the lobby to create more smaller lethal squads.

So you want the whole thing scrapped because of a bug in a test build? Yeah that sounds reasonable.

5 hours ago, PolishKruk said:

So you want the whole thing scrapped because of a bug in a test build? Yeah that sounds reasonable.

Actually, your sarcastic response does nothing but further coalesce and validate my point that the most experienced players in Squad have essentially figured out how to bypass the role system to gain an advantage.

Logically, in my mind this leaves two choices to make the game fair and balanced again. Either fine tune the existing role system in some fashion or remove all the role restrictions so that independent public players are on equal footing with organized groups of players using Discord and TeamSpeak.

Certainly you'd agree with me that all matches whether they be public or private should be conducted with fairness and balance as priorities?

I want this restrictions in the game.

The devs better find a way to protect they system from cheesing than kick out the restrictions out of the game.

For the meanwhile, until they've found a way to fix it, they should disable it to make it fair...

How sounds that to you?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Actually, your sarcastic response does nothing but further coalesce and validate my point that the most experienced players in Squad have essentially figured out how to bypass the role system to gain an advantage.

Logically, in my mind this leaves two choices to make the game fair and balanced again. Either fine tune the existing role system in some fashion or remove all the role restrictions so that independent public players are on equal footing with organized groups of players using Discord and TeamSpeak.

Certainly you'd agree with me that all matches whether they be public or private should be conducted with fairness and balance as priorities?

Balancing based on an unintended exploit? That is absolutely ludicrous. At this point I'm somewhat convinced that you're actually joking.

Edited by jellyswim

I'm in favor of options, I'd like admins to have a few. Pistols only, sniper servers, rocket wars, good stuff like that. I'm not in favor of zero role limits per team in Vanilla squad, although I'd support zero limits per squad while maintaining teamwide limits. All LATs in one squad? Cool, have at it, although that would be dumb. Marksmen/spotter squads, awesome. I just don't want everyone running around with whatever the uber loadout is at the time. 

4 hours ago, LugNut said:

I'm in favor of options, I'd like admins to have a few. Pistols only, sniper servers, rocket wars, good stuff like that. I'm not in favor of zero role limits per team in Vanilla squad, although I'd support zero limits per squad while maintaining teamwide limits. All LATs in one squad? Cool, have at it, although that would be dumb. Marksmen/spotter squads, awesome. I just don't want everyone running around with whatever the uber loadout is at the time. 

That was the goal of my ISKLR suggestion, creating a tool that could serve as an admin tool, a map layer/game mode tool, and a squad organization tool.

1 hour ago, Tartantyco said:

That was the goal of my ISKLR suggestion, creating a tool that could serve as an admin tool, a map layer/game mode tool, and a squad organization tool.

I took the time to read through your system and appreciate the thought and effort that went into it. Plus the fact that your initial post was so long ago shows that this was on people's minds previously.