Jump to content
Grumpy Eye

The game is becoming unplayable for some of us.

Recommended Posts

Hey guys, I've been playing PR on and off for like 5 years. And since I switched to squad I'm getting nothing but problems. Most of them I could of solve, but there are a few that are either unsolvable or take too much time to solve, since they are reoccurring.

Now here are the issues:

1. EAC kicking. After a long day, I want to kick back and relax, play a few games.. I queue up on my favorite server, wait for like 5 minutes to connect, just to get kicked by EAC. Well, you've told me just to clear my cache. But the thing is, it happens on and on. It happens a lot! Literally every other time I play, I first get kicked, then clear my cache, and then I have to set all of my settings back to the way I want them to be, just to get EAC kicked again tomorrow. 

2. Ultrawide problems.  I've got an Asus ROG 751J, hooked up to a LG 38" ultrawide (all of my drivers etc are up to date). I can play for about 3 days in a row without having any issues, but the third time (like today when I had an EAC kick and then this bug) the resolution gets all ****ed up and I cant see 3/4 of the game screen. It's off-screen, even though the fullscreen option is selected. The resolution the game starts in looks like its 1080x720, but I'm not sure. Therefore, I can't reset the cache, can't apply the new settings etc. And the max resolution in the settings menu becomes 1920x1080, but I cant switch to it because I cant hit the apply button.

I've tried editing the game logs, and doing all of that stuff that is suggested on the forums and in the FAQ, but I just cant make it work.

I know that you're doing your best, but those two issues are a problem for a few players that I've encountered in-game. And the only solution to that problem (in most cases) is to reinstall the game. But sometimes, even the fresh install doesn't work (starts up with 3/4 of the game off-screen), and doesn't have 3440x1440 in the settings menu. It only goes up to 1920x1080.

I've stopped playing for 5 months because of that, and returned to see if the newer updates fixed that, just to see that the game still suffers from these issues.

This is the 4th time I'm reinstalling the game in the last 3 days. 

Please, tell me what to do, or fix those problems if you can. Please. :) 

Lots of love from Belgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

errrr it's a laptop. it will have problems running at that rez.  38" is massive.  EAC run as administator 

I play at 3440 x 1440  works fine.  might be your output don't go that hign.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Grumpy Eye said:

Hey guys, I've been playing PR on and off for like 5 years. And since I switched to squad I'm getting nothing but problems. Most of them I could of solve, but there are a few that are either unsolvable or take too much time to solve, since they are reoccurring.

Now here are the issues:

1. EAC kicking. After a long day, I want to kick back and relax, play a few games.. I queue up on my favorite server, wait for like 5 minutes to connect, just to get kicked by EAC. Well, you've told me just to clear my cache. But the thing is, it happens on and on. It happens a lot! Literally every other time I play, I first get kicked, then clear my cache, and then I have to set all of my settings back to the way I want them to be, just to get EAC kicked again tomorrow. 

2. Ultrawide problems.  I've got an Asus ROG 751J, hooked up to a LG 38" ultrawide (all of my drivers etc are up to date). I can play for about 3 days in a row without having any issues, but the third time (like today when I had an EAC kick and then this bug) the resolution gets all ****ed up and I cant see 3/4 of the game screen. It's off-screen, even though the fullscreen option is selected. The resolution the game starts in looks like its 1080x720, but I'm not sure. Therefore, I can't reset the cache, can't apply the new settings etc. And the max resolution in the settings menu becomes 1920x1080, but I cant switch to it because I cant hit the apply button.

I've tried editing the game logs, and doing all of that stuff that is suggested on the forums and in the FAQ, but I just cant make it work.

I know that you're doing your best, but those two issues are a problem for a few players that I've encountered in-game. And the only solution to that problem (in most cases) is to reinstall the game. But sometimes, even the fresh install doesn't work (starts up with 3/4 of the game off-screen), and doesn't have 3440x1440 in the settings menu. It only goes up to 1920x1080.

I've stopped playing for 5 months because of that, and returned to see if the newer updates fixed that, just to see that the game still suffers from these issues.

This is the 4th time I'm reinstalling the game in the last 3 days. 

Please, tell me what to do, or fix those problems if you can. Please. :) 

Lots of love from Belgrade.

Have you tried disconnecting the external monitor and just playing on the laptop itself?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why on earth would you try and play squad on a laptop? seriously. Get a cheap desktop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An i7 4860HQ /4710HQ Processor / 980m isn't going to run Squad very well on an external 3440x1440 monitor. That's a very niche setup to cater for by a small dev team in an early access game.

 

Are you running your external monitor and laptop screen at the same time? Something is confusing your screen resolution being reported correctly. From what you describe it sounds as if your screen has a 3440x1440 image but is choosing to display it at 1920x1080 for some reason for it to mostly be off screen. Make sure Windows is seeing your monitor as the correct resolution before launching Squad. Make sure your monitor is also in the correct image resolution through its settings. 

 

There should be no need for clearing the game cache on EAC kick. Rebooting usually works for me. Sometimes a re-install of EAC and reboot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2018 at 5:14 PM, Smee said:

errrr it's a laptop. it will have problems running at that rez.  38" is massive.  EAC run as administator 

I play at 3440 x 1440  works fine.  might be your output don't go that hign.

 

I forgot that I've created this topic, until the problem happened today again. This is the third time I'm reinstalling the game to make it work, the first two times I had the same issue. 

It has no problems running anything else except Squad. I've played a bunch of games on it, from TF2 to ARK, and I had exactly no problems with it. I've even played Project Reality on this config...
 

On 1/5/2018 at 5:52 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

Have you tried disconnecting the external monitor and just playing on the laptop itself?

Yes, its still the same. 
 

 

On 1/5/2018 at 6:51 PM, ParaPlays said:

Why on earth would you try and play squad on a laptop? seriously. Get a cheap desktop.

Do I really need to explain myself? If so, I'm a 30 year old music producer, and all of my laptops are made especially for audio use. I'm not gaming 24/7. This is a portable solution that I also use for surfing and games. It is a gaming laptop. It can handle everything except Squad.

 

 

On 1/5/2018 at 8:27 PM, Major Trouble said:

An i7 4860HQ /4710HQ Processor / 980m isn't going to run Squad very well on an external 3440x1440 monitor. That's a very niche setup to cater for by a small dev team in an early access game.

 

Are you running your external monitor and laptop screen at the same time? Something is confusing your screen resolution being reported correctly. From what you describe it sounds as if your screen has a 3440x1440 image but is choosing to display it at 1920x1080 for some reason for it to mostly be off screen. Make sure Windows is seeing your monitor as the correct resolution before launching Squad. Make sure your monitor is also in the correct image resolution through its settings. 

 

There should be no need for clearing the game cache on EAC kick. Rebooting usually works for me. Sometimes a re-install of EAC and reboot.


No, Im using only the external monitor. Windows is fine, it recognizes the monitor, and it is set to the same resolution. When the problem occurs, when I enter the settings/graphics there is no resolution in the little box. Nothing is showing in it. But, when I click on it, the drop down menu informs me that the max resolution is 1920x1080. And I can't even set that resolution, because the apply button is off-screen.

Is there a way to upload a screenshot on this forum? 

P.S. I do need to clear the cache on EAC kick, that's the only way I can make it run again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Grumpy Eye said:

all of my laptops are made especially for audio use

You might be better off considering getting a PC. For the reasons already stated on this post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/01/2018 at 4:00 PM, Grumpy Eye said:

Hey guys, I've been playing PR on and off for like 5 years. And since I switched to squad I'm getting nothing but problems. Most of them I could of solve, but there are a few that are either unsolvable or take too much time to solve, since they are reoccurring.

Now here are the issues:

1. EAC kicking. After a long day, I want to kick back and relax, play a few games.. I queue up on my favorite server, wait for like 5 minutes to connect, just to get kicked by EAC. Well, you've told me just to clear my cache. But the thing is, it happens on and on. It happens a lot! Literally every other time I play, I first get kicked, then clear my cache, and then I have to set all of my settings back to the way I want them to be, just to get EAC kicked again tomorrow. 

2. Ultrawide problems.  I've got an Asus ROG 751J, hooked up to a LG 38" ultrawide (all of my drivers etc are up to date). I can play for about 3 days in a row without having any issues, but the third time (like today when I had an EAC kick and then this bug) the resolution gets all ****ed up and I cant see 3/4 of the game screen. It's off-screen, even though the fullscreen option is selected. The resolution the game starts in looks like its 1080x720, but I'm not sure. Therefore, I can't reset the cache, can't apply the new settings etc. And the max resolution in the settings menu becomes 1920x1080, but I cant switch to it because I cant hit the apply button.

I've tried editing the game logs, and doing all of that stuff that is suggested on the forums and in the FAQ, but I just cant make it work.

I know that you're doing your best, but those two issues are a problem for a few players that I've encountered in-game. And the only solution to that problem (in most cases) is to reinstall the game. But sometimes, even the fresh install doesn't work (starts up with 3/4 of the game off-screen), and doesn't have 3440x1440 in the settings menu. It only goes up to 1920x1080.

I've stopped playing for 5 months because of that, and returned to see if the newer updates fixed that, just to see that the game still suffers from these issues.

This is the 4th time I'm reinstalling the game in the last 3 days. 

Please, tell me what to do, or fix those problems if you can. Please. :) 

Lots of love from Belgrade.

with that laptop I would say get a 24 1080p screen to play Squad on, then all should be well and your fps will be sensible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could everyone please stop suggesting people buy hardware to solve problems that exist on Squad's software side... ****'s sake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

Could everyone please stop suggesting people buy hardware to solve problems that exist on Squad's software side... ****'s sake

Honestly with all my tinkering with the SDK I've come to the conclusion that it really is simply best as an Arena engine. Of course it can do these large detailed maps in Squad but you pay the price and need the best hardware to get decent performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Psyrus said:

Could everyone please stop suggesting people buy hardware to solve problems that exist on Squad's software side... ****'s sake

Engine/graphic optimization is a myth boro, go get that i9 + sli gtx 1080ti for bestest FPS. (no i'm not being serious lmao) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Of course it can do these large detailed maps in Squad but you pay the price and need the best hardware to get decent performance.

This thread has nothing to do with performance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Psyrus said:

Could everyone please stop suggesting people buy hardware to solve problems that exist on Squad's software side... ****'s sake

Thank you. For a second there I thought I was loosing my mind.

 

2 hours ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Honestly with all my tinkering with the SDK I've come to the conclusion that it really is simply best as an Arena engine. Of course it can do these large detailed maps in Squad but you pay the price and need the best hardware to get decent performance.

Have you ever seen a small game called Ark? Runs smoothly at 80 fps on my 38" ultrawide. No hickups. On pvp servers. With bih af man made forts, thousands of AI dinos, and 50 players doing their own thing on a big ass map. Theres no need pointing out that I run all possible games without any hickups.

 

So, please. Stop telling people to buy hardware, you're not helping. If anything, you're making people want to stop playing with those suggestions.

 

And yes, this is not a peformance thread. But since you have to know obviously, I get solid 50-60 fps on high settings whithout bloom, ambient oclusion and motion blur enabled. On all maps.

When it works, ofcourse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'd like to help, but sorry i dont know how.., Hope someone will bring a correct solution for you ;) "
(Speaking for behalf of the people who just read this thread and didnt reply)

 

-Videda

Edited by Dani

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

z4LuFMw.jpg

BmQ4S6O.jpg
Time to reinstall the game again.
Yesterday after the second reinstall it was fine, and I only got kicked twice because of the EAC acting up... Today, I have to reinstall it again...

So, I have to reinstall it pretty much every day now...

Edited by Grumpy Eye

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aaand I give up.. I can't do this anymore. 
I hope devs are going to fix the issues players are having, instead of just adding new stuff on top. 
I may try it after a few updates, but then again, Im really worn out of trying to get it to work. I just hope it will not end up like war thunder did... being 5 years in beta stage, releasing the game the 6th year with almost all the bugs and problems it had the first year it was in development.

See you guys.. thanks for trying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try running in a window so you have exact control of the size. full screen seems like it's sscrewing with you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You really need to find the source of the problem 

 

Is it due to software problem or your rigs not being able to pull off Squad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, samwiseOrigin said:

Is it due to software problem or your rigs not being able to pull off Squad ?

It's the former. His rig "pulls off" squad no problem, as evidenced multiple times in his posts. It's when squad decides to break thanks to EAC issues or resolution scaling that he cannot play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Grumpy Eye said:

Aaand I give up.. I can't do this anymore. 
I hope devs are going to fix the issues players are having, instead of just adding new stuff on top. 
I may try it after a few updates, but then again, Im really worn out of trying to get it to work. I just hope it will not end up like war thunder did... being 5 years in beta stage, releasing the game the 6th year with almost all the bugs and problems it had the first year it was in development.

See you guys.. thanks for trying.

I am sorry to hear that :(

 

I would recommend checking the forum/site/steam over the next few weeks, alpha 10 should hit in the near future. Maybe you problem(s) will be fixed with that release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5.1.2018 at 5:00 PM, Grumpy Eye said:

1. EAC kicking.

[...]

This is the 4th time I'm reinstalling the game

[...]

On 11.1.2018 at 5:51 PM, Grumpy Eye said:

Time to reinstall the game again.

I feel your pain.

If you get the EAC error, usually repairing the EAC installation do the trick.

Spoiler

Repair the EAC install:
Navigate to the "Easy Anti Cheat" folder in your squad install directory. 
The default folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Squad\EasyAntiCheat

Inside you will find the installer for EAC (EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe), run it as an administrator and select Squad as your game and click "Repair Service".

W0ITMqx.png

AFAIK, there is no need to reinstall the game every single time this issue occurs.

 

I am not sure what triggers in your case EAC. Anyways, such a hardcore case seems to be fairly rare among the playerbase.

 

I'd say you should contact [email protected]

Describe them your ongoing troubles (+link this thread).

 

 

On 5.1.2018 at 5:00 PM, Grumpy Eye said:

2. Ultrawide problems.

check this: https://offworldindustries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000076393-Resolution-Problems

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×