LaughingJack

Bunch of things I can't find the answers to.

Posted (edited)

The following is a bunch of things that have me totally stumped

Tickets earned for taking Flags: thinking of using "tickets" for total number of Caps taken (score).

1/ "penalty for this flag" means Any flag in the Lattice? - i assume yes? even though, "this"..?

2/ penalty is +1 for taken as well as -1 for lost? < still can't find out how to "earn" a ticket for taking a Cap. the enemy can loose them ok, so something's working. i have been able to remove ticket "loss" from just about everything else, so what i see appears to only relate to Cap loss and nothing else.

Spawn Points:

3/ can't find how to change ownership of a spawn point.

4/ can't find how to enable/disable a spawn point. - is it possible to 'pause' the flag tick rate to "halt" the flag's progression? i'd like just Enable/Disable tbh. < going try doing it by controlling the Spawn Point Component Active state.

5/ can you 'clear' the team's spawn queue? - or does this happen automatically on change of ownership of the spawn point? < found via Spawn Queue Component.

6/ how to stop Neutral spawns from being used until owned?

Ammo Crates:

7/ unlike spawns, setting ammo crates to Neutral does not allow any Team to access them. is there a way to make both teams able to access the same ammo crates?

Capture Zones:   FIXED

8/ can't find how to allow players in vehicles and emplacements to count toward zone capturing. - particularly emplacements, as they are defending the Cap and should count. < thanks to @wasti for showing me the Driver Seat Config for vehicles.  cheers! :)

Character Movement: "Default Soldier" v. "Team Info Class Soldier"

9/ why is there both? - the Class 'inherits' (is overridden by) the Default Soldier, right? < so i now know that the BP_Soldier (default) over rides the Team Info Class soldier.

10/ the Default Soldier pawn BP breaks after being copied - can you not copy just the Soldier BP? or is more required? < now have a re-named copy that works - dunno why it broke previously. so i can now modify the Copy i made and have things work as i want without needing to modify all the 'soldiers'. w00t! :) - and i think i also know now "why both?".

Bleedable Thresholds:

11/ Health and Damage: can they be disabled? - the settings cannot be changed (enough), i'd like to turn them both off.

Any answers to any of this would be greatly appreciated :)

Edited by LaughingJack
added some answers

7) I too wish ammo crates could be usable by both factions and the ability to pick up enemy weapons.

off topic

Spoiler
1 hour ago, Zylfrax791 said:

Regarding this page why doesn't it speak of ticket loss through death's, vehicle loss and FOB's being dug up as well as they all effect the score?

My guess: These ticket losses are the same across several game modes. Therefore it's preferred to make a separate wiki page which then gets cross-linked.

source: https://squad.gamepedia.com/Advance_and_Secure

ZTPz8XD.png

Tickets link: https://squad.gamepedia.com/Tickets

Posted (edited)
On 1/6/2018 at 7:34 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

Regarding this page why doesn't it speak of ticket loss through death's, vehicle loss and FOB's being dug up as well as they all effect the score?

KillDeathRuleset under Team Settings and then Vehicle Settings - there's a lot, i know, i had to zero the tickets on them all for both teams ;)

FOB's i ain't found yet but i suspect it's in the FOB (deployable) stuff instead.

also updated the OP

Edited by LaughingJack

On 05/01/2018 at 6:22 PM, LaughingJack said:

Tickets earned for taking Flags: thinking of using "tickets" for total number of Caps taken (score).

1/ "penalty for this flag" means Any flag in the Lattice? - i assume yes? even though, "this"..?

2/ penalty is +1 for taken as well as -1 for lost? < still can't find out how to "earn" a ticket for taking a Cap. the enemy can loose them ok, so something's working. i have been able to remove ticket "loss" from just about everything else, so what i see appears to only relate to Cap loss and nothing else.

This ^. I have asked twice now in Discord and had no replies so far. Can anyone help, please?

This > from here: https://squad.gamepedia.com/Advance_and_Secure

"Advance and Secure (in short, AAS) is the primary game mode in Squad.

The objective of Assault and Secure is to capture and hold Control Points (also referred to as flags) in a preset order. Capturing enemy flags penalizes the enemy team and rewards you with added Tickets. The team who first runs out of tickets will lose."

-- but it doesn't work this way, at least not for me - i cannot earn a ticket from taking an enemy Cap.

Working on getting more of a confirmation for you, but Nordic assures me tickets are awarded for the capture, as well as the enemy losing some. #blamenordic

It's always possible somethin's goin' funny-like.

10 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Working on getting more of a confirmation for you, but Nordic assures me tickets are awarded for the capture, as well as the enemy losing some. #blamenordic

It's always possible somethin's goin' funny-like.

indeedilly!

just wondering if i've inadvertantly made a change in a ruleset that's stopped them from being earned - so much stuffs to learn in here ;)