GhostdogSw3

Mk 19 with smoke rounds.

Mk 19 have be cool to have in this game. With smoke rounds to make way for infantry. Animation is nearly the same as machinegun sittning down and fireing.

Are you suggesting a man-portable mk19? If so I think it would make a good addition to the FOB emplacements on the US team. I definetly don't think they'd add a mk19 kit that you could carry around though

Maybe we could instead have an m32 with smoke rounds as an option for the rifleman? Would be an awsome addition in my opinion 9_9 .

lol never heard of it..just looked it up... a friggin machine gun grenade launcher!  honestly if I hadn't read it I would have been shouting you cod noob don't you go ruining Squad with your daft made up weapons....

I think mortars are getting smoke rounds anyway... but omg this would have some serious suppression value...

5 hours ago, embecmom said:

lol never heard of it..just looked it up... a friggin machine gun grenade launcher!  honestly if I hadn't read it I would have been shouting you cod noob don't you go ruining Squad with your daft made up weapons....

Haha, don't worry, they've been pretty damn lethal in Battlefield and... whoa, I just found this:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Mk_19_Grenade_Launcher

Pretty neat! Can't believe it was in seaQuest, haha.

12 hours ago, embecmom said:

lol never heard of it..just looked it up... a friggin machine gun grenade launcher!

I think mortars are getting smoke rounds anyway... but omg this would have some serious suppression value...

heheh! way back in JO we had these nade-spam guns and yeah they were a bunch-o-fun but nearly all were taken out of maps because they were so ridiculously OP without 70-100 peeps online - suppression? lols, why bother, you could literally wipe an entire team from from a safe distance without even trying.

spamming it up with smoke instead? ... just how much smoke can we use before the game crawls to a halt, frame-wise?

mortars should also get flares as well at some point.

7 hours ago, Gatzby said:

Can't believe it was in seaQuest, haha.

omg! SeaQuest-DSV, nearly forgot all about that one ;) wow, that was a while ago.

i noticed that list only included DF:LW and not JO:TR (or was it Escalation?)

Edited by LaughingJack

17 hours ago, LaughingJack said:

i noticed that list only included DF:LW and not JO:TR (or was it Escalation?)

This is why I went looking, actually. I was *pretty* sure it was in a Joint Operations release. May have been named something else to avoid IP issues, but I can totally still visualize the model.

I have been wondering about the MK19 myself. I have used them in country and they will destroy anything in front of it. I wish it was in this game big time. They are just a vulnerable as the 50 cal.

The Mk 19 is one hell of an effective weapon, both for suppression as well as reaching deep into dead-space. However, I don't think smoke rounds exist for it. Yes there are 40mm smoke, but the Mk 19 and the M203 are two different rounds. I did bring the issue up to Merlin and Sgt_Ross, Ross knows exactly what it is and was spinning up Merlin on it. Where it goes from there is, of course, in their hands. 

Seeing a vic rolling while engaging with the Mk is one hell of terrifying site, and would definitely increase the pucker factor in the game exponentially!