Gaijin5

Platforms?

Will it ever go to any of the consoles that are out on the market today? I'm only asking because I like what I see, large open maps and battlefields for the realism I like.

Unfortunately squad almost certainly will not be coming to consoles. Optimizing a game using UE4 to run on them is just not foreseeable.

51 minutes ago, jellyswim said:

Unfortunately squad almost certainly will not be coming to consoles. Optimizing a game using UE4 to run on them is just not foreseeable.

PUBG went from being a March 2017 early access PC game made with content from the Unreal Marketplace to an XBOX title released in December 2017 so it has more to do with the popularity of the game.

I do remember one of our Dev mentioning (2015) after full release he would like to look into having Squad/Console. If thats still the case,who knows.

As long as the PC game will not be "held back" on looks or other technical things that the consoles can handle, then sure.

BUT you better not give us a console game with keyboard controls :P

On 1/5/2018 at 8:03 PM, Beringtom said:

As long as the PC game will not be "held back" on looks or other technical things that the consoles can handle, then sure.

+1 

On 06/01/2018 at 4:03 AM, Beringtom said:

Why not? Pc players get console ports with just controller support.

On 1/4/2018 at 11:20 AM, Xx-RAGING-DEATH-xX said:

I do remember one of our Dev mentioning (2015) after full release he would like to look into having Squad/Console. If thats still the case,who knows.

Yep, we're definitely focused on getting to version 1.0 before we go anywhere else. =)

I have no doubts that everybody on the team would love to see (and play!) Squad on other platforms though. Can you imagine trying to use the Switch motion controls to vault mid firefight? =P