hello i have a question my squad keep freezing and making audio stuttering but when i go in the setting and disable audio effect the game run without problem with 60 fps with no drop.. i tried everything, reinstalling the game, steam overlay disabled, audio effect on low, but problem still here :\ any ideas on why with audio active the game freeze?

1 hour ago, samwiseOrigin said:

Give us your rigs 

Need to know : RAM, Logs

CPU: amdfx8320E octacore
GPU: nvidia geforce GTX750Ti
Ram: 8gb ddr3
Window 7 ultimate
no ssd

i know is not the best pc but i can't explain why without sound the game will run great but if i just set 1% of sound effect will freeze i have a video too if you want

Sorry for no response. I won't be able to help you until the weekend. Swamped with work ATM, i have edited my OP; added content how to tweak page files give it a go first and see if it works

i got an half fix i deleted the audio.pak now i can run the game with sound on but sometimes i can hear random sound like lmg or tank reloading.. but its worth at least now i can play listen to my teammate and hear enemy shot.. i think some file inside audio.pak will make the game freeze but is crypted so cannot edit it.. but like i said its worth

Hi, I'm having the same issue as OP in v10. The game regularly freezes for a few seconds and this is accompanied by an audio glitch where sound is slow and stuttering. As with the OP deleting audio.pak fixes the freezing but causes random reload sounds to play constantly instead.

While trying to fix the problem I've turned all my video and audio settings to low, closed all background processes, verified my Squad install, done a clean install of Squad and updated all my drivers. Nothing seems to make a difference. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it!

I've uploaded my most recent log file here: https://ufile.io/8el4a

System specs

CPU: AMD FX 8320 3.5Ghz (no OC)

GPU: Radeon R9 280 3GB (no OC)

RAM: 16GB

My PC isn't exactly cutting edge, but apart from the freezes the game runs better in v10 than ever before.

Edited by ubachung
Forgot to include OS

This game is an extraordinarily frustrating kick in the **** for AMD users. I too have the same issues. The stuttering / freezing caused by sound well known at this point. 

The good news is that with the optimization in subsequent patches we can get some performance back and additionally its probably not your rig as much as the game itself . But we'll need to wait for that patch. I believe there's not much you can do other than turning sound to low quality and turning off preloading textures. At least that's the advice i repeatedly read on this a few other forums related to squad.

Please take a look at requirement presented by Steam.

5a9e2c17386b3_SteamRequirement.thumb.JPG.3983c0ee4fe224922c73bb325cec0049.JPG

Main reason of stutter/lag can I can diagnose is due to your CPU... 
AMD does lack a single core power far less than what Intel pulls.

As far as I can see both of  your CPU and GPU are under the minimum requirement