dragnframe

Talk me into getting squad

Lel, they're not spongy... you have to commit to the depress action, intended. Tactile. 

Don't be discouraged if you have a bad Squad leader. Sometimes you get paired up with a bad one. Other times you get paired up with a good one that stays on top of rally points and tells you where to go. 

The #1 rule I always give to new players, stick with your squad and follow your squad leader.  If you can do these then you will always be doing the right thing. 

I live in Ohio myself and I'm a full-time Squad Leader. You can add me on steam if you want. Nossa30

Well, after some help from a couple awesome guys on here, I'm starting to finally grasp some of this game. I'm still not sure what each game mode is and what the object so to says is but that will come in time. I know a lot of understanding will come with just playing and asking questions. I really need to learn the maps also that will help a ton.

There is no question though, that a good S.L. makes or breaks a game. Man, what a difference a good one makes. Just as in comuncating can help a ton. I played a hand full of games with one from here and he really knew his stuff and showed me a lot of other stuff, like using mortors,setting mines, blowing trucks up with I.E.D's. That was awesome. Looks like I found my home here with this game.

Thanks again for everyones help and contuine helping me as I learn.

11 hours ago, Nossa said:

Don't be discouraged if you have a bad Squad leader. Sometimes you get paired up with a bad one. Other times you get paired up with a good one that stays on top of rally points and tells you where to go. 

The #1 rule I always give to new players, stick with your squad and follow your squad leader.  If you can do these then you will always be doing the right thing. 

I live in Ohio myself and I'm a full-time Squad Leader. You can add me on steam if you want. Nossa30

Thanks, I will add you.

52 minutes ago, dragnframe said:

I'm still not sure what each game mode is

The basic thing in all of the gamemodes is Tickets. Each team starts with a certain amount. If a team loses all tickets, they lose the game.
If a player dies(Gives Up or bleeds out, or gets instakilled by a heavy caliber) the team will lose 1 ticket.
If a vehicle is destroyed, a number of tickets will be taken away from the team. Depends on the vehicle. Anywhere between 6 to 40 tickets.
If an FOB/Radio is destroyed by the enemy the team loses 20 tickets.
In AAS
Some flags will give your team tickets back, if you capture them. Generally if the enemy has more flags than you, say 3 out of 5, your team will experience Ticket bleed - every minute your team will lose tickets for as long as the enemy team has more flags.
The last flag, closest to your or enemy Main base has a 50 tickets per minute ticketbleed.
In Invasion
The attacking team starts with low tickets, while the defenders have a lot. The attackers get extra tickets for each flag they capture.
Defenders cannot recapture flags once they lose them. If they lose their last flag, they lose the round.
In Insurgency
The Insurgents have to defend weapon caches that randomly spawn around the map. Two caches can be spawned at any one time, no more.
The attackers try to find the caches. Either by getting close enough to them or killing Insurgents. This will reveal a rough location of the cache on their map, while Insurgents get a purple square around the cache on their map, if that cache is known to exist in that location to the attackers.
Depending on map, the attackers have to destroy 3-4 caches to win. Only squad leaders are able to destroy caches.
Spawns
Main base spawns are instant, unless you commited suicide or teamkilled someone before dying. This will increase your spawn timer.
FOBs can have HABs constructed on them that allow you to spawn there. This requires a Squad Leader and 2 other people to set up the FOB and then build a HAB for 400 construction points. Construction points are carried by logistics/supply trucks.
Rallies are a limited spawn point. They are limited to your squad only and also limited to 9 spawns. The SL needs 1 other person to deploy it and can do it every 2 minutes or so. Rallies have an increased spawn time to FOBs, so if the rally is close to the FOB you're better off just spawning on the FOB.
Simply running by or onto an enemy Rally will destroy it.

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 1:03 PM, PROTOCOL said:

Depends on the user and mouse. Look how many keys to cycle/select weapons or specilization, or interact with objects. 

• grenade
  • smoke
  • interact
  • map
  • primary/secondary weapon
  • Reload
  • crouch 
  • prone
  • lean left
  • lean right
  • enter vehicle
  • start engine

etc... clearly there are many options, if you use your mind. Bind to your liking, Unless your limited in imagination and your mouse is limited. 

simple example: 

image.jpeg.725d76c1427436503d547ff98ec76381.jpeg

lol and someone had a go at me because they didn't want more chat function as it would get complicated....

41 minutes ago, CptDirty said:

you should also include the map that shows all the blueberries in any other location on the map that tends to be the furthers point from useful.. ;)

1 hour ago, dragnframe said:

There is no question though, that a good S.L. makes or breaks a game. Man, what a difference a good one makes.

+1,000

I find that I am not that bothered if my team wins or loses if I have had a good SL and the squad has done it's best.

On 1/3/2018 at 6:50 PM, SsnipergoatT said:

Yeah I just bought Squad last month and it's hands down my favourite game. It's destroyed my social life and I haven't played another game since.... 

Sorry not sorry!

Thanks for playing with us. =)

On 1/6/2018 at 5:29 PM, dragnframe said:

does a gaming keyboard and mouse help that much? 

They're nice perks, but definitely not necessary. Snagging a mouse that can adjust sensitivity from the device itself is a super huge thing, since you can swap between aiming, run and gun, driving, etc. Polling rate might make them more responsive than a normal mouse too, but that's dated knowledge. Mostly I think you'll find owning a mouse that's comfortable for you is going to make all the difference.

Keyboards... are fun. I like clicky ones. I have a few keys and macros I use on mine, but wouldn't fork out for a gaming-specific keyboard again. That said, picking up something with nice mechanical switches is, again, a nice thing to have. I found them much more useful in the MMORPG world than FPS though.

26 minutes ago, embecmom said:

you should also include the map that shows all the blueberries in any other location on the map that tends to be the furthers point from useful.

22bpse.jpg

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, CptDirty said:

22bpse.jpg

Prevented Village from being denied and encircled Outskirts from South, East and West with two vehicles getting into position to support from the North? Looks flawless.

Edited by Peerun

4 minutes ago, Peerun said:

Prevented Village from being denied and encircled Outskirts from South, East and West with two vehicles getting into position to support from the North? Looks flawless.

Yeah you'd think, but sadly no :( 

Enemy capping Outskirts and we're nowhere close to stop them...

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 12:43 PM, Zylfrax791 said:

I'll be playing here shortly. Steam shows what server I'm in and then simply find it in the browser.

You ever get a chance to check out Iracing.