iceman312

Not Enough Video Memory Crash

Hi, 

I got Squad a year or so ago and enjoyed playing it very much. However, I started getting those crashes where the game would tell me that I'm either out of video memory or storage. Uninstalled the game, forgot about it until yesterday. 

Now the issue is even worse. The game crashes almost instantly as I join a server or even try to join a server. 

Here are my specs: 

CPU - i5 4690k 

GPU - MIS GTX760 Twin Frozr 2GB 

RAM - 8 GB DDR3 pushing over 1333 but not sure exactly how many MHz 

SSD - 128GB Samsung 840 EVO 

Display - 1680x1050

I know that these aren't really the best specs for Squad, but you can't convince me that I can't even run the game for more than 3 minutes? Worst of all, I'm getting solid 100FPS or so with everything on low and a bit of anti aliasing going on. 

If devs need specific error messages I'll be more than happy to recreate them and upload them. 

Posted (edited)

First of all I would advice to upgrade to a GTX 950, even they are outdated nowadays, but perfectly adequate for squad. Your CPU is a quad core so it should be fine. I'm no expert at computers but it sounds like you have a memory problem, invest in 10 GB of ram, and some  additional hard drives for your computer.

Also check some of these tweaks for squad: (could possibly reduce memory usage)

You'll be back to playing squad again in no time!

Edited by Sir Hardy

@Sir Hardy Thanks for dropping by. I am planning on boosting my specs a little down the road. However what I have now is well within minimal requirements. I've seen people with 1060 having the same issue as me. It would be awesome if I could get someone from Offworld to chime in. 

Posted (edited)

Here's what I got by just attempting to join a server. This was with everything on low, no antialiasing or any effects whatsoever. Also, I'd like to add that running the gunrange works flawlessly at maxed out settings with all the bells and whistles included. 

Edited by iceman312

Managed to play a full round of Kokan on medium settings with average fps being around 60 or so. As soon as the map started changing, got 3 Out of video memory errors and one storage memory error. 

Hello and welcome to Squad @iceman312,

First thing I'd check:

ingame graphic settings - be sure to turn off texture streaming.

if you dont have a page file, make one. Same error for me and this fixed it.

Thank you all, 

I've uninstalled the game out of frustration. I will do a fresh install and try the page file thing.