5oy2P1D.png

A quick overview.

The mod aims to bring the early parts of the second world war into Squad.

Depending on the amount of participators in the mod creation, we will expand the ambitions accordingly. The mod will aim to change the flow of battle and gameplay by removing individual radio communication, making communication through man-carried and vehicle-mounted radio's the most deciding factor in winning a battle. We will emphasize the strengths and differences between factions according to history. The vision is something in between Forgotten Hope and Project Reality, introducing fixed wing aircraft and iconic tanks. Other possible features to be discussed is squad/fireteam types, having access to different special equipment. Nothing is decided and changing the core Squad concept too much deserves a serious discussion.

What fronts will be depicted?

The initial release will center around operation Barbarossa and the german advances through Soviet, possibly through a simple meta campaign. The first release will focus on the early light tank warfare, with tanks such as the BT7, T26 and Panzer 2/ Panzer 3.

The second release will most likely continue expanding the arsenal into 1942, introducing the iconic MG42, T34, Panzer 4, along with Stalingrad maps. It will also introduce an insurgency mode with sum-o-dat terrible partisan hunting.

The third release will center around the North African campaign, with such vehicles as the Crusader, Stuart, Fiat 13/M40 and El Alamein.

What factions will be depicted?

• German Wehrmacht (First update)
  • Soviet Red Army (First update)
  • German Waffen SS (Second update)
  • Soviet Partisans (Second update)
  • Britains Western Desert Force (Third update)
  • Italy's Royal Italian Army (Third update)
  • Deutches Afrika Korps (Third update)
  • Free French Foreign Legion (Third update)

Awfully ambitious..

Yes indeed, this is the reason i have divided the different fronts into different updates that will mostly likely take years to complete. On the other hand, the goal is not to make every obscure Czech rifle used in the war, but to focus our efforts on the most important and commonly used equipment. Because this is a mod and not a product with a price, i can only put so much time and effort in it. I'm a huge World War 2 geek and love historical accuracy. If you feel the same way and know anything about map making, 3D-modeling, texturing, coding or blueprinting in Unreal Engine 4, animating or other, please consider joining. If you have a basic knowledge of Blender and Zbrush, i'm always willing to help (or recieve help, god knows i have a lot to learn). No, this is not another WW2 thread, it's a mod project and i'm looking for people who wants to help working on it.

If you are a sad fellow who loves to shit on other people's work and ideas, i'd encourage you to move along to something that excites you.

It's a new year, let's get this shit started.

58qt27I.pngdXrdpk9.png

From left to right:

• Machinegunner
  • Rifleman
  • Submachine Gunner
  • Unteroffizier (NCO)
  • Feldwebel (Commander)

Edited by CaptainAvocado