Bonnie Money

Vehicule crew

I feel like having a squad dedicated to vehicules is more usefull than squads using one each :

Yesterday I was commanding a pack ot 3 strykers, 2 of mine plus random stryker that follows us. We rekt everythings. We did the same on kohat as russian. Was fine but in every games it worked because we were the first one pushing/breaching.

Should we start thinking about a specific squad that has control of every vehicules ? Who can use all cars (except light one) and give permissions to others squads to use vehicule ?

51 minutes ago, virusman said:

you mean ............... like ...... in PR ? game that nailed everything right ?

And so they should. They've been going since 2004. Should of got thing right by now.

At the moment there’s no or little control over public players!!! 

The only way to do stuff like have a vehicle squad is to join a clan 

2 hours ago, Bonnie Money said:

I feel like having a squad dedicated to vehicules is more usefull than squads using one each :

Yesterday I was commanding a pack ot 3 strykers, 2 of mine plus random stryker that follows us. We rekt everythings. We did the same on kohat as russian. Was fine but in every games it worked because we were the first one pushing/breaching.

Should we start thinking about a specific squad that has control of every vehicules ? Who can use all cars (except light one) and give permissions to others squads to use vehicule ?

Making Squad any more restrictive and unwelcoming to new players is simply not a good business model. What with daily averages under 2000 players worldwide and literally hundreds of empty servers I don't think that is the right approach at all.

no I don't think so, one squad controlling all vehicles puts every other squad under ransom, vehicles have to be open to each squad ..as you said yourself you can have a specific motorized unit already.. you just decide how much you role play that position for supply and support..or as many do..dont give a shit and leave the vehicle in themiddle of the map.

In PR it's just simply server rules that make that the case. Most servers have rules on vehicle claims. For Squad to do it would be quite simple, just need a server to make new rules similar to the ones most PR servers use, and have active admins to inform of and enforce the rules. It will probably happen once we get more vehicle types. In PR infantry squads didn't need to rely on vehicles because of the transport helicopter squad that they could call in at any time. So it wasn't a big deal to have a dedicated APC squad especially on servers where you could create a mechanized infantry squad to claim a single APC if you really wanted to. Before Squad gets to that point we need at least transport helicopters.

Unfortunately, this type of gameplay can only work effeciently in clan environments that have a structured platoon figured out. 
2nd to that, Squad is a infantry-ish focused game more so then a ''combined arms''....so motorized/mechanized units are default and probably as far as it goes core wise.  

Just how i perceive Squad. Unless custom servers come out with mods/rules that make it possible. 

On 12/31/2017 at 11:26 AM, Bonnie Money said:

a specific squad that has control of every vehicules

No. You can have the armored vehicles and leave me 1 logistical so I can place FOBS. 

Also there were more than 1 instances where I yielded the usage of armored vehicles to a squad that asked for them (wolf pack of 3) and they ended up costing us 100's of tickets

There was also an instance where a squad took both logistical trucks and lost them due to very improper use lacking armored support...

On 12/31/2017 at 8:26 AM, Bonnie Money said:

Do you think this is something that will hold up as we see more vehicles (and vehicle) types introduced? My suspicion is we'll see more specialized squads in both vehicle and infantry areas as we continue to develop. Do you think there'd be a benefit to all vehicle squads over tank-centric ones, for example?

One of my favorite things to do back in the PlanetSide dies was to partner up with light vehicle specializes and harass the crap out of armor columns, say. (Enforcer buggy 4 lyfe.) Miss me some Esamir.

On 12/31/2017 at 10:26 AM, Bonnie Money said:

Absolutely agree, I made a similar discussion because especially when tanks and helicopters are added, we'll need designated squads to operate them.

Personally I'd like to see considerably more vehicles in the larger maps and a reduction across the board in their ticket value. On one hand it's not really fair that inexperienced new players rarely get the opportunity to even touch a vehicle and when they do it's the leftovers but on the other hand all the experienced players get all uptight when the noobs do grab some high end assets then go off and burn 60+ tickets in the first 10 minutes of a match. Kind of a Catch-22.

I thought the general idea was to attract new players and let them experience the "good stuff" so that they stick around and increase the community.