Sign in to follow this  
Arags12

v10 Weapon Resting

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on implementing some sort of weapon resting for weapons that do not have a bipod? I don't necessarily mean it needs to have the same stabilization capabilities as the machine guns with the bipod but being able to rest a weapon on a wall would do wonders for the game I feel. 

I guess they have sort of started that with the weapon collision but its very poor at this stage as it depends on the asset you interact with and the weapon still clips the wall, once that is sorted out then perhaps actual resting a weapon on an object could be implemented... I have not seen this in other games though other than bipod.

Supposed to be on the to-do list, a dev commented on it in one of the V10 play test topics.

Arma 3 and RO do this. Just rest it on the front handguard, on a window frame, rock, log, pretty cool if they can implement that smoothly.

I agree there is other things they would have to correct before being able to tackle this subject. It may be something that the modding community handles as well like we have seen in the Arma community. I think it would bring another dynamic to hasty defensive positions for squads. 

The most recent Recap touched on weapon handling and collision a bit: https://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=240 . It mostly touches on the first iteration, but we should see more coming along... as well as some work on the suppression system in the future.

So far, though... those bipods are leeeethal!