Sign in to follow this  
fatalsushi

Shift zoom in v10

I absolutely love v10 but I feel that giving iron sight weapons a permanent zoom in addition to the shift zoom is like combing two half-baked ideas. The permanent zoom is detrimental in cqb and the shift zoom is just annoying because it’s very slow despite being such a minor zoom. Then you’re squinting at the screen hurting your eyes and it zooms out at the worst possible moment. I feel that the stamina management for zooming is an annoyance rather than something that adds complexity or skill to the game.

The only alternative I can think of is an unlimited Arma-style zoom thay you can use at any time regardless of what kind of weapon you have. It would still give optics an advantage but you wouldn’t have to squint at the screen when using irons. Do you guys have any better ideas?

Also, I know there have been discussions like this in the past but I think it’s worth considering again since v10 has changed the shift zoom system.

There was a similar post on reddit that got a positive response, btw:

Edited by fatalsushi

very interesting :)

in photography i've found that a ~50mm lens (zoom) will produce a picture that is seemingly 1:1 real life when held up to said real life for comparison, so it kinda makes sense.

The problem with the increased zoom that he raises in RO2 was twofold, one, it was too much zoom, turning every weapon into a scoped rifle, and since the maps were much smaller than Squad, or ARMA, and rifles were accurate with one shot kills, you could easily drop people one after another at range. There weren't prolonged firefights except on modded servers that removed the zoom, IMO gameplay was much better without zoom in RO2. 

In ARMA however, it works well, especially being able to zoom at any time, not just ADS.  

the permanent zoom is terrible

it it so annoyning to have the screen going forward and backwards every time I look down sights

in CQB it's even worse, I feel like my eyes are glued to the screen when in close combat

why did you do this to us? I mean, you are going to put it in the game, at least put an option in the menu where we can turn if off, just leave the weapon steadiness when pressing shift, nothing else

please, make it like in PR, no scope = no zoom, at least give us the option to choose, don't force us to play with it

help veterans who one day helped you :/