Sign in to follow this  
MAD_JIHAD

Where do you aim with the ACOG?

Ok I know its pre-alpha and some stuff is there for placeholder and testing but im wondering where do the bullets go in pre-alpha?

1. top of the front iron sight

2. bottom of the chevron

3. just under the chevron

4. top of the chevron

5. top of the distance scale

yfBRh1Y.jpg

Per ACOG usage, top of the chevron is where you should aim.

But it's closed pre-alpha.

So somewhere between 4 and 5.

there are bullet physics in game, so if I am not wrong, which I probably am, at close range, you going to be hitting 5, and at about 100 meters, it'll be at the tip, or number 4 in the picture.

Per ACOG usage, top of the chevron is where you should aim.

But it's closed pre-alpha.

So somewhere between 4 and 5.

Per REAL ACOG usage the top chevron is not where you should aim unless your in a CQB situation. And then you really just shoot over your sight instead of looking down it. 

It should be at the "1" on top of the vertical line.  However, a real ACOG's tip of the vertical line will also be illuminated like the chevron. 

-US Army, Light Infantry 

Use the length of the vertical lines to determine the distance of your shot. When the line aligns with the shoulder width of your target you should hit it.

At longer ranges (Like I was shooting From on side of the river on Logar to a Hilltop on the other) it usually drop's to about the 5 mark, maybe a bit lower. There really isn't that much drop and you can see where they land if you watch the Tracer's.

I aim between the ironsight and the chevron. I usually don't have much time to fine tune further. I've noticed the bullet impacts at medium range are somewhere in there so it's not exactly a correct sight but... pre-alpha.

All depends on what the scope is sighted for. Idk if this game has that feature yet, or intend to. But military Rifles by default are set to 300 yards and have been for some time.Accurate shooting is Necessary however there are more than 99 reasons why a bullet wont go straight and its why there is always alot of shooting.but very little results in firefights. 

Per REAL ACOG usage the top chevron is not where you should aim unless your in a CQB situation. And then you really just shoot over your sight instead of looking down it. 

It should be at the "1" on top of the vertical line.  However, a real ACOG's tip of the vertical line will also be illuminated like the chevron. 

-US Army, Light Infantry 

Well thats all nice and things, I'm just answering based on the idea there is no bullet drop in the game as of now, which is what I've seen for the most part.

-US Citizen, No Military Training

Also having the iron sights in the screen makes it super hard to shoot 400m + when you can't actually see the splash because it gets obscured by them.

There is bullet drop in game ;)

Hmmmm

I haven't noticed it yet. Then again, I just shoot wildly at targets further than 150m because I can't aim worth poo in Squad.

According to your image you'd want to aim at #5. On a Real ACOG there is a little cross there, below the Red Chevron and is the aimpoint

According to your image you'd want to aim at #5. On a Real ACOG there is a little cross there, below the Red Chevron and is the aimpoint

Yea its there in squad but its just hard to see in the screen shot.

-US Army, Light Infantry 

http://i.imgur.com/7m4iku1.jpg

BZO at 36yrds or 30meters with the 300m mark, then you confirm zero at a 100m target with the tip of the chevron. Anything else will make the BDC unusable. This is real life, this is not how it is setup in-game at the moment.

Unless I am misunderstanding your comment, you might want to talk to your NCOs about getting some remedial training on the ACOG RCO.

IRL, like this.

y8ADGDK.jpg

In game, however, the ACOG isn't zeroed.

Found this in Trijicon's manual cause I needed reading material.

http://i.imgur.com/7m4iku1.jpg

BZO at 36yrds or 30meters with the 300m mark, then you confirm zero at a 100m target with the tip of the chevron. Anything else will make the BDC unusable. This is real life, this is not how it is setup in-game at the moment.

Unless I am misunderstanding your comment, you might want to talk to your NCOs about getting some remedial training on the ACOG RCO.

I agree with you Ross, but I don't see what he said wrong, both seem to be correct, but I might be missing something

Nice resurrection...

...You'd rather he make a new topic without using the search function? :huh:

well usually you zero the gun out to where the trajectory of your bullet will start to make an "noticable" arc. means if i shoot flat out to 300 meters, i zero for 300, everything past that, i have to hold higher. in theory everything below 300 will have a point of aim "above" the center reticle, however since you shoot quiet flat in that distance it can be ignored.

unless you are a police sniper which may zero the gun on 50 or 100 meter, to make the accurate shots needed on urban distances, you would not zero lower than 300m in the military. most rifle sights including the one i had to use in compulsory army service where zeroed for 300m.